Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2019, 09:15 PM   #41

Angry

Itís been 40 posts since my last confession father...sometimes when the DW is spotting me to back into a tight spot I take the lordís name in vain...continuously!
Great bourbon-just about any of San Diegoís craft beer
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:23 PM   #42
Living the Dream

No confession here. Just an observation. They really should not put the City water connection and the sewage flush connection so close together. They could be easily confused late at night after a long day of travel. Just thinking out loud.
TheHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:38 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
Very first fill up and got introduced to a gas pump barrier post.

My second
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:39 PM   #44

Still pretty new to this, but...

- have forgotten to level side-to-side before unhooking, try to convince the wife that she's feeling things.

- Was going to replace the toilet with a better one, mis-measured apparently, didn't fit, put the old one back in and apparently didn't tighten enough... in-laws then borrowed camper for 3 weeks... it wasn't holding the smell in very well, being just a fuzz loose and all (by the way, still have a brand new toilet in the box, it will remain unused).

- Wife says I get snippy when setting up or tearing down.

- When I'm towing, I basically don't give a poo what anyone else is doing... I go slow, don't care if I am in the way, am not going to change lanes to help people merge... yall just have to work around me.

The step thing is harsh, I'll make sure to check before I step in the future!
Orlando bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:12 AM   #45

I have to admit that I have committed multiple RV sins over the past 29 years.
Once, I traded in a Class A Motor home for a 32' travel trailer. Wrote a check for the balance of the motor home and still took out a loan for the travel trailer. When I brought the Motor home in for trade, I left the black tank half full from the end of the previous football season.

One time at a family weekend camping trip, I tortured my brother in law. He's the guy who always tries to back in to his sight in one shot as fast as he can and never manages to do it. He always ends up getting himself sideways in the site and gets red in the face and mad at everyone, including me. So, I found this battery operated Bullhorn on Amazon and bought it. Now every time we go camping together, out comes the bullhorn. And it goes like this. Attention please, attention please. Everyone gather around and watch Jim back into his site in one shot. Then I proceed to walk right up to his window and give him instructions, mostly just yelling, "Jim!, you're doing it all wrong. Thankfully he is a good sport and is always prepared for it. I wonder if he will ever bring a can of hornet spray with him and blast me with it while I provide him with excellent support and instructions on backing up.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:21 AM   #46

Sin of my neighbor. CG in Montana, packs in morning, ready to leave. Hooks up 40' Montana, begins to pull out and turn right. Truck and trailer slam to stop. Not sure what happened, he backs up and pulls forward again. Gets about a foot farther and truck and trailer slam to a stop. Backs up again, gets out, looks around, notices nothing, jumps back in, pulls forward...BAAAAM ! stops again. Gets out walks around entire truck and trailer....and then finally see's it....FIRE HYDRANT ! the trailer now has about a 6 foot gash down the side of it. Tore thru the outer skin and several of the studs. Goes to Hardware store and gets sheet of Aluminum and large box of rivets and tubes of caulk. 3 months later they get home and he orders parts to repair.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:40 AM   #47

to many to post but H**** we all make mistakes
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #48

My sins??

No way, I like this site, and I'm sure they have some kind of bandwidth limitations.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #49
Site Team

Probably my worst sin is that when we bought our very first pop-up and took it out for the first time, I didn't realize that I was supposed to chock the wheels after I unhooked it.

Luckily the hill we were on wasn't very steep and the trailer was fairly light so it didn't move much. Only a few inches. It was kinda scary when it happened though.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:53 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy-rick View Post
Last campground on the last trip of last season. I was tired and backing into a tight spot with 35' trailer. I had a mental lapse and changed my game plan at the last moment. Forgot all about a tree on my blind side. I caught the awning and ripped it off the trailer. $11,000 worth of damage to side of trailer. Insurance company paid off, but I haven't seen the latest renewal yet. I might be in for a big surprise!
Weíve had that experience too, but it happened when my DH got too close to a tree when turning in our drive way to get ready to back the TT up to itís parking spot. Pulling the awning off even damaged some wall board inside the trailer.
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #51

Angry Sin Confession

We had our TT about 2 months and on one trip we left the hand rail out for about 100 miles and that included going through Little Rock.
Every choice is an opportunity to say yes to God.
221fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:03 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky View Post
I am an early riser so around 4:30am I go around the campground and fold in everybody's steps. When I get back to the camper I pour myself a tall stiff drink and sit out on my patio and just wait and listen. It usually takes 20-30 minutes before you hear the first scream but then after that everybody starts coming out of their trailers to see whats happening and then that just starts a domino effect. I am surprised the language some of those campers use at such an early hour. Definitely showing no respect to the other campers.
So my camping sin would be I wait until around 5:00am before I have my first mixed drink....CHEERS!!
Sounds a little like the old prank of moving the neighbor's outhouse back 4 feet. Screaming usually started around 5 AM.

At least you get to pull your prank more often. Where I grew up you could only do it to two neighbors before they both wised up. Eventually toilets moved indoors and septic systems were installed as the county updated it's code (1950's).

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:06 PM   #53

My RV "sin"?

I bought the trailer I liked and am towing it with the truck I owned. NOT a DIESEL.

Funny thing though, I don't have any debt which today many (mostly banks and finance companies) would like you to think is a sin.

2004 Nissan Titan
Old 02-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #54
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHog View Post
No confession here. Just an observation. They really should not put the City water connection and the sewage flush connection so close together. They could be easily confused late at night after a long day of travel. Just thinking out loud.
Ace hardware has quick connects where one of them is reversed. My buddy has his fresh water hoses one way and black tank flush hoses the opposite way. He can't do it backwards.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:40 PM   #55

Not sure it's a sin but a definite "DOH". Brought our new 5er home and got it parked. Hooked up to the 20amp breaker and decided to turn everything on including the fireplace. Kept popping breaker. Replaced breaker and still same problem. Took it back to dealer and found I had fried the connectors between the body and the slide. Almost burned up the rig. $400 later. Don't turn anything on when home. Just lights.
dougschne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougschne View Post
Not sure it's a sin but a definite "DOH". Brought our new 5er home and got it parked. Hooked up to the 20amp breaker and decided to turn everything on including the fireplace. Kept popping breaker. Replaced breaker and still same problem. Took it back to dealer and found I had fried the connectors between the body and the slide. Almost burned up the rig. $400 later. Don't turn anything on when home. Just lights.
Have you considered installing a larger branch circuit for your RV?

Never know when you might want to use the RV for something other than "yard art".

2004 Nissan Titan
Old 02-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Have you considered installing a larger branch circuit for your RV?

Never know when you might want to use the RV for something other than "yard art".
Yes. I did install a 30A circuit in the barn but need to move the receptacle closer to the rig. Waiting for spring to do that. The length of the extension cord causes a voltage drop which is a problem if I try to run the AC.

Check out my Blog "A Grande Tour" about our travels and other writings! agrandetour.com
dougschne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:44 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbourbon View Post
O.k., Iíll start...forgive me father for I have sinned. Recently, I have purchased things from Camping World...and I liked it!
Just an update about the thread I posted recently about Camping World's website being down. I have since successfully sinned and was able to log on and purchase stuff from CW. Thanks again to all who replied and Mr. Dan for closing the thread.
I guess I'll have do some searching as to why CW has poor reviews.
I do like their sponsored NASCAR truck racing series.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ms-177664.html
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:52 PM   #59

Not enough room here...................

DW and I always say after getting to the campground, while setting up it sure is a lot of work to relax.

But one of the bone head moves I did was at home................ 5th wheel camper in the drive, while unhitching I put the tailgate up to walk between the two, when DS and family came by. I was unhitched but pin box just behind hitch.... I pulled forward forgot tailgate was up........... the trailer did not move an inch............but................

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:52 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I guess I'll have do some searching as to why CW has poor reviews.
When a company gets poor reviews it's usually because they earn them.

I have a CW store about 40 miles from my house and every trip there has been "underwhelming". Their Service Department is a "NO GO ZONE" as far as I'm concerned. Seems like their standard answers are "We can get you in in "X weeks", "We'll have to order that", and "just drop it off so we can figure out what's wrong".

On my last visit it seemed like they had a lot of people just standing around totally oblivious to the fact there were customers around the store asking each other for help.

2004 Nissan Titan