Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2019, 03:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky View Post
I am an early riser so around 4:30am I go around the campground and fold in everybody's steps. When I get back to the camper I pour myself a tall stiff drink and sit out on my patio and just wait and listen. It usually takes 20-30 minutes before you hear the first scream but then after that everybody starts coming out of their trailers to see whats happening and then that just starts a domino effect. I am surprised the language some of those campers use at such an early hour. Definitely showing no respect to the other campers.
So my camping sin would be I wait until around 5:00am before I have my first mixed drink....CHEERS!!
Ok I like this. I am going to confess to copying you.[emoji48]
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:06 PM   #22

Quote:
I am an early riser so around 4:30am I go around the campground and fold in everybody's steps. When I get back to the camper I pour myself a tall stiff drink and sit out on my patio and just wait and listen. It usually takes 20-30 minutes before you hear the first scream but then after that everybody starts coming out of their trailers to see whats happening and then that just starts a domino effect. I am surprised the language some of those campers use at such an early hour. Definitely showing no respect to the other campers.
So my camping sin would be I wait until around 5:00am before I have my first mixed drink....CHEERS!!

Thanks!! Best laugh I've had in a while. as one who has exited a MH and didn't realize the steps were in, it can be brutal..
Post was fun.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:40 PM   #23

Quote:
I'll presume this is a joke, based on the fact that nobody shot you yet. My stairs are noisy enough and I sleep lightly enough that, if you're lucky, it would only be a can or two of bear spray and a major blow to the head when I fling the door open.
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:42 PM   #24
Global Nomad

Bought my 5th Wheel from Chesaco RV in Maryland.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:48 PM   #25

Quote:
You are a BAD man!
2023 GDRV Reflection 150 226RK
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:56 PM   #26

New 5er to us.

1.Was adjusting the pin box and pinched the hot wire that fed the breakaway switch. Wow did that wire melt down fast.

2. Boofed the awning backing into our parking spot after the 2nd trip. I rubbed the awning on the steel upright for the roof, got into three layers of awning in the process. I'm going to fix it with awning repair tape until the awning gets ragged and then replace it.
2023 GDRV Reflection 150 226RK
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:04 PM   #27
I Break Everything

Closed, but did not lock one outside storage door on Motorhome...left turn, busy intersection at the beach...Weber Q grill went flying out. Good Samaritan waved us down and gave it back. Other than a couple of scratches it still works like new.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:07 PM   #28
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
Ok I like this. I am going to confess to copying you.[emoji48]
People with the MORryde steps are immune to this

Just as bad as the post about some kids opening the black tank valves on trailers that had the cap still on and then closing the valve.

unless you want someone messing with your trailer, keep your hands to yourself.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:14 PM   #29
Junior Old Fart

Quote:
LTDunltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:25 PM   #30
Junior Old Fart

Mine would be,
Getting home after a 4 day "weekend", parking the TT, unhooking the TV, and emptying the fridge.
Went to work the next day, got home, went to level and remove dirty clothes.
Electric jack wouldn't work?
Opened the trailer, no lights?
Checked the battery voltage meter, blank display?
Got out DVM and battery read 0 VDC.
Yep, forgot to switch off the fridge.
LTDunltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:29 PM   #31

Quote:
Hmmm, I suspect that you are either a member of or on the candidate list to become a Phat Phrog….

BTW, keep me posted on your travel plans. I like to be prepared!
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:33 PM   #32

Indy500, I'll meet you in hell, for I also didn't disclose!

Lucky, that's some funny stuff right there!

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:46 PM   #33

Picked up a brand new camper in Iowa. Pulled it into a campground about 4 hours later. Backed it in popped it off the hitch ball and it starts rolling back about 10 feet and stops. Good thing another 10 feet it would have went over a hill and into the tree's. Morale to the story always bring your wheel chocks. That's straight from the mouth of the DW.
boatpaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:50 PM   #34

I'm not the bad guy here , if anyone is going to hell , it would be that guy closing everyone's steps at 4 in the morning . I'm going to start send the wife out first in the morning from now on. Oh heck then I just might see you there
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:56 PM   #35
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Bringing my brannnnd neeewwww 5’r home. Backed under the sloped solar awning too far over on the low side, re-arranged the air conditioner cover. To add insult to injury, noticed the damaged cover after I unhooked. Went to hook up again, forgot the tailgate and punched a small 1” x 3” hole in the bay door.......
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:21 PM   #36
Chris and Cecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbourbon View Post
O.k., I’ll start...forgive me father for I have sinned. Recently, I have purchased things from Camping World...and I liked it!
Boy that made me laugh. Getting up the courage to list one’s sins was the hardest part!! We, too, have bought from CW and liked it.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:31 PM   #37

I have to confess that I don't always pick up after our dog along the trail or road, especially during the night. I keep saying I'll come back to get it - NOT. Ok, give me 40 whacks!
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:31 PM   #38

Hooked up trailer and pulled out without raising jack. I’ve now painted on hitch box raise trailer jack [emoji24]
Old 01-31-2019, 06:32 PM   #39

To be honest about my post. I really don't........start drinking until 9:00am.
Locky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:38 PM   #40

Does it count if I serve everyone passing by Irish coffee for breakfast? Not sure if that makes me a sinner or a saint

Attached Images

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote