Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2019, 11:24 PM   #101

Camping at Airventure in Osh Kosh Wi a couple years ago with my boys in a borrowed pop-up with no heat. Got freaking cold a couple night and sleeping on that slide out was torture.

Went to Walmart next morning to buy a heater. Was none to be found. Bummed, I headed to the back of the store cause I had to pee bad!

As I approached the restroom, there sat a shopping cart full of stuff and a Lil Buddy heater. Peeked into the restroom and sure enough, someone was parked on the toilet.

I snatched that heater and made a beeline for the checkout. Never checked out so fast at a Walmart before. About pissed myself driving back to camp but we were toasty warm that night.
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:49 AM   #102
Global Nomad

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
Camping at Airventure in Osh Kosh Wi a couple years ago with my boys in a borrowed pop-up with no heat. Got freaking cold a couple night and sleeping on that slide out was torture.

Went to Walmart next morning to buy a heater. Was none to be found. Bummed, I headed to the back of the store cause I had to pee bad!

As I approached the restroom, there sat a shopping cart full of stuff and a Lil Buddy heater. Peeked into the restroom and sure enough, someone was parked on the toilet.

I snatched that heater and made a beeline for the checkout. Never checked out so fast at a Walmart before. About pissed myself driving back to camp but we were toasty warm that night.
Sounds like a thief to me.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:26 AM   #103

Most of the posts describe mishaps, a sin is something you commit knowingly ... So here are mine (tongue-in-cheek, based on reading this forum):

- Still running on OEM chinese made tires
- Have not replaced the WFCO converter
- Use a random AC Delco deep cycle/marine battery
- Don't have a Hensley Arrow or ProPride hitch
- In fact, I don't even use a WDH
- Tow with a V6 gas half ton
- No satellite TV or Internet in the trailer

Probably forgot one or two more ...
TheGerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordHauler View Post
�� This should get real interesting. I am going to get a 6 pack, sit back and take it all in.
NO I am not confessing my sin(s). I will end up in “RV Hell” first.
Travel safe
X2 [emoji23]
Old 02-07-2019, 11:17 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
Very first fill up and got introduced to a gas pump barrier post.
Handy work of the wife, same thing... really it was her Click image for larger version

Name:	New%20trailer%204-18%20(4).jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	196340
Old 02-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGerman View Post
Most of the posts describe mishaps, a sin is something you commit knowingly ... So here are mine (tongue-in-cheek, based on reading this forum):

Boy, you certainly are a sinner. No way I'm camping near you. Don't want to get fried by the lightning that's sure to strike you with no notice

Then again, it might be for me

Do you also use just regular TP and flush it into your Black Tank rather than putting it in the waste basket?

Do you travel with water in your FW tank and worse yet, use that water to cook with and drink?

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:19 PM   #107

CONFESSION-what are your RV sins!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGerman View Post
Most of the posts describe mishaps, a sin is something you commit knowingly [emoji6] ... So here are mine (tongue-in-cheek, based on reading this forum):

This is me except i do use a EZA Lift WDH and sometimes friction sway control

I have a 6.2L gas GMC
pbandrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Boy, you certainly are a sinner. No way I'm camping near you. Don't want to get fried by the lightning that's sure to strike you with no notice

Then again, it might be for me

Do you also use just regular TP and flush it into your Black Tank rather than putting it in the waste basket?

Do you travel with water in your FW tank and worse yet, use that water to cook with and drink?

We use the same TP as in the house. Scott comfort Plus and flush
pbandrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:44 PM   #109
Site Team

I could have done a lot of good for others with the money I spent on the RV.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler811 View Post
Handy work of the wife, same thing... really it was her Attachment 196340
Lesson learned. PATIENCE, PATIENCE PATIENCE!
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post

Something to be so proud of!
Roberte52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:51 PM   #112

I just made reservations at Peace River for next week so I can get a free power cord when ependydad leaves his behind again. [emoji41]
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:51 PM   #113
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
I just made reservations at Peace River for next week so I can get a free power cord when ependydad leaves his behind again. [emoji41]
LOL, you need a SmartPlug for it to be useful!
Old 02-07-2019, 05:51 PM   #114

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
Old 02-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #115
Failure is my business

Forgive me for I have sinned against the god of weight distribution. I have towed a 9500# tt with a max tow half ton and been perfectly safe and comfortable.

(Of course, I bought a max tow dually as penance. ) :-)
Old 02-07-2019, 07:23 PM   #116

Many years ago, I bought a Class B+. I took it over to show my parents and while backing in their driveway, I backed into my Dad's car doing about $2500 damage to his car and my brand new motor home. My Mom was helping me back up and we were both focused on not hitting the power line. My Dad just laughed and said "well, that's out of the way. Anything else you do will pale in comparison".

Laura
Old 02-07-2019, 07:47 PM   #117

There are sins of ommission and sins of commission. But I've forgotten which category the sin of forgetting fits in...

Back in our tent days, we were at Sugar Pine State Park at Lake Tahoe. You are required to use bear boxes for all food products. It was a fine week, and I like to go for early morning solo hikes. So I did. The night before, I had forgotten to put our dry goods in the bear box. Left the tote (for behind the cab of a pickup) containing all our hot chocolate, cookies and other dry food sitting out. Moma was feeling poorly sleeping on the ground and got up early and went to sleep in the car.

DS (6 yrs) woke up, went to see Moma in the car. Saw black bear trying to open Tuff Tote. Remembered his Alaska grizzly encounter training, but the black bear was not impressed and growled at him. DS ran screaming for the car.

DD (4 yrs) woke up from DS screaming and was the only one left in the tent. She heard and saw the bear, and said her prayers, and then stayed "quiet as a church mouse" so maybe the bear wouldn't know she was there.

Moma, having been woken up, tried to drive bear away. Bear wasn't having any of it. Bear ignored Moma and tossed tote around and finally broke it open. He casually sampled every single package of cookies and every single package of hot chocolate. When he had sampled (opened and slobbered on) every package of food (he liked the mashed potato flakes too), and gone back to the cookies and hot chocolate a time or two, he wandered off.

I casually returned from my hike, and couldn't understand why everybody was so mad at me. Ended up costing me a new $8K PUP, and no end of stink-eye from Moma. It's OK, I was getting tired of sleeping on the ground anyway.

Fred W
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:53 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
There are sins of ommission and sins of commission. But I've forgotten which category the sin of forgetting fits in...

Back in our tent days, we were at Sugar Pine State Park at Lake Tahoe. You are required to use bear boxes for all food products. It was a fine week, and I like to go for early morning solo hikes. So I did. The night before, I had forgotten to put our dry goods in the bear box. Left the tote (for behind the cab of a pickup) containing all our hot chocolate, cookies and other dry food sitting out. Moma was feeling poorly sleeping on the ground and got up early and went to sleep in the car.

DS (6 yrs) woke up, went to see Moma in the car. Saw black bear trying to open Tuff Tote. Remembered his Alaska grizzly encounter training, but the black bear was not impressed and growled at him. DS ran screaming for the car.

DD (4 yrs) woke up from DS screaming and was the only one left in the tent. She heard and saw the bear, and said her prayers, and then stayed "quiet as a church mouse" so maybe the bear wouldn't know she was there.

Moma, having been woken up, tried to drive bear away. Bear wasn't having any of it. Bear ignored Moma and tossed tote around and finally broke it open. He casually sampled every single package of cookies and every single package of hot chocolate. When he had sampled (opened and slobbered on) every package of food (he liked the mashed potato flakes too), and gone back to the cookies and hot chocolate a time or two, he wandered off.

I casually returned from my hike, and couldn't understand why everybody was so mad at me. Ended up costing me a new $8K PUP, and no end of stink-eye from Moma. It's OK, I was getting tired of sleeping on the ground anyway.

Fred W
Only a sin if you did it on purpose to get the pop up IMOP[emoji6]
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:07 AM   #119
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post

Fred W
I am surprised that they did not have a fenced in area for PUPs and tents. the last time i camped in bear country that was mandatory for them (national or state park i believe). I could see this at a private campground, glad nobody got hurt though!

I will freely admit that one of my sins is reading this and contributing while i should be working.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #120

I didn't look at the speed rating of my brand new trailer tires. I was young and stupid (17 years old). Set the cruise at 75 and drove across the state for 6 hours.

Bought all new tires the next morning after waking up to my tires falling apart because they melted. The old guy at the tire shop gave me a serious tongue lashing about the depth if my ignorance. So glad I didn't kill anyone because of gross stupidity.
2010 24’ Fleetwood Pegasus
2017 24’ Flagstaff Shamrock 23IKSS
2015 Ram 3500 Diesel MegaCab 4X4 SRW
47driver is offline   Reply With Quote