Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Pete

contemplating new Georgetown purchase

I have had a 2002 Georgetown, now have a 2005 325DS and am looking at a new GT.

It was a not so good experience with the 2002, and a much better experience with the 2005. I beleive quality has gotten better over the last 2-4 years with Buffett involvement.

I would like to hear comments on the quality and workmanship of the newer products from anyone that has a 2007 or newer Georgetown. I like the new floorplans, etc. and would like to stay with a Forest River product.

Your input would be appreciated. Looking to go fulltime in 12+- months and tow the H-Ds around.
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #2

Have had our '09 GT 378 now since September of last year and so far so good. Our maiden voyage was from Washington state down to Arizona and back for 3-weeks. Only minor problems that I was able to fix myself. We love our Georgetown and find the construction to be about the same as most other RVs in it's class however the purchase price is much better than the leading competitors.

We ordered ours new through www.rvdirect.com What a great experience and no hassles. Price was unbelievable! Local dealer wasn't even willing to come within $17K of the price. Just know that warranty service might be a bit hard if you go this route but then I usually do all my own work and FR has been great at sending me the few parts I needed under warranty. Also the warranty is only for 1 year and that goes by really fast. So I had no downside to buying from rvdirect.com

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We purchased our 2007 Georgetown 370 at the Hershey RV Show in Sept. 2006. We had minor issues, every manufacturer does. So far the motorhome has been reliable, rides well and meets our needs very well. We loved the layout with the bath and a 1/2. 3 daughters, 2 restrooms is really important for us. If I had to do again I would not hesitate to purchase another Georgetown. They're priced right, especially right now, with a ton of ammentities. More bang for the buck.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Pete

what mileage are you getting? Ford or Workhorse chassis?
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #5

We tow a rather heavy Jeep Wrangler most of the time which weighs in at just under 5000# so our mileage is between 6.5 and 7.5mpg. Ford chassis. So far we really like the engine/transmission set up of the Ford.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #6

We are looking at a GT 378. Can anyone tell me about the Ford engine? Is it powerful enough? Also considering a deisel pusher.
dormanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We have a Georgetown 370, it has plenty of power and rides real nice. I added the Banks Cold Air Intake System which includes a very large K&N air filter. It added power and hopefully better MPG. We tow a 2004 Grand Am and averaged 7.8 MPG towing it to Lake George in New York uo through the mountains. This was prior to adding the Banks System. The Ford chassis comes with the Bilstein shocks and large sway bars already installed to help stablize the coach.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #8

Just ordered our new 2010 378 and are looking forward to receiving it in a couple weeks.
We currently have a 2006 C Class Forester 3101 and the construction is not bad. Again a few minor faults but nothing serious. We will keep you posted on the status of the 2010 when it gets here.
Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote