Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
Full-time 5'er

Converter-Inverter

I have a 2016 XLR Thunderbolt 375 AMP, 42-foot 5th Wheel Toy Hauler. I am at a full site with full hookups and the power went out on the entire RV Park. When the power to the RV park was restored, For some reason, my trailer has switched over to battery power and propane power. The 50 amp cable is hooked up and all of the circuit breakers appear to be functioning properly. I called Coach NET and they couldn't tell me where the converter inverter is to switch it back over to shore power. I ran the generator for a while and it recharged the battery but pretty soon my fuel is going to run out. Can anyone help me with this problem?
mnolasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:31 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnolasco View Post
I have a 2016 XLR Thunderbolt 375 AMP, 42-foot 5th Wheel Toy Hauler. I am at a full site with full hookups and the power went out on the entire RV Park. When the power to the RV park was restored, For some reason, my trailer has switched over to battery power and propane power. The 50 amp cable is hooked up and all of the circuit breakers appear to be functioning properly. I called Coach NET and they couldn't tell me where the converter inverter is to switch it back over to shore power. I ran the generator for a while and it recharged the battery but pretty soon my fuel is going to run out. Can anyone help me with this problem?
It sounds like your auto transfer switch is not working (if equipped). This link may help.

http://www.rvtechmag.com/electrical/chapter4.php

When you turned on your generator, did you have to disconnect/connect a power cord or change anything for the generator to provide power?

Have you also verified the circuit breaker at the campground pedestal is not tripped and has power there? If you don't have shore power coming in to your RV, then the problem is there.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:40 PM   #3
Full-time 5'er

I had an electrician come out and diagnose the problem. We found the automatic switching box we also found the inverter converter with for both buried behind panel that I had to remove. Neither of them were in a serviceable position. We tested the current going into the automatic switching device which was good. We tested the current coming out and there was none.
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
mnolasco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, inverter