Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2021, 10:08 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Yeah, but the 1x6 boards were already in my garage
Wood is fine. That's what I've used for 16 years. Btw screw an eye bolt into them and tie a short piece of rope to them. Makes it easier to place and remove.
frankraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:26 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTnewbie View Post
That is what happened to the 1st and 2nd jack. I dropped them until they touched the leveling blocks and then I saw the trailer go up about 3/4 - 1 inch so I quickly raised them. The next time I am going to put a little more pressure on them and see how shaky the trailer is.
I lower mine, when they touch the ground, I continue raising untill they grunt, which raises the rig about and inch and a half to two. Then raise the front to re level
frankraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:31 AM   #63

The best thing I have found is to walk softly. This is easy for me to say since it is just my wife and me but this approach wouldn't work with the little ones.
pete100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:25 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete100 View Post
The best thing I have found is to walk softly. This is easy for me to say since it is just my wife and me but this approach wouldn't work with the little ones.
That was the whole basis of this post. We have 3 kids and they love to run around and jump/bounce. If it were just my wife and I, we would be okay with the movement.
TTnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:46 AM   #65

My trailer moves around a bit, my wife and family are also heavy walkers. I put the small adjustable screw jacks someone posted a few pages ago under mine, three per side in addition to the four factory feet. Makes a huge difference!! Far more I have found then just adding let's say the xchocks.
We're seasonal so it's not a huge deal for me, if I was traveling I would probably just put one or two around the door and on the opposite side. Lots of folks here have them on cinder blocks or rail ties.
Every trailer I have ever had has moved around with people inside, but never enough that I couldn't "take care of business."
As mentioned it's possible you didn't have enough weight on the jacks. It's always a good idea after setup to go around and check them, I have found they often need adjusting after setup. Another thing that was also mentioned was don't extend them all the way, I typically have 4-5 flat leveling blocks under my extendable jacks.
Good luck!
HVACGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, trailer