Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2021, 02:51 PM   #1

CRA (Colorado River Adventures) Parks and Membership Info

We're looking into buying a Colorado River Adventures (CRA) membership second-hand and I want to see if anyone has any first hand knowledge of their program and parks. Any details on the different types of memberships and what you get from them. Is it true that you can choose to cancel a fully paid membership, if you no longer want it and can't sell it? How is the availability of reservations? How are the different parks? For the parks that are along the river/in the desert, are their places nearby with toy rentals?

We like what we see, but it's hard to get real info on the parks or memberships without going on a tour and getting locked-out of the secondary market for 2 years.

We're mostly weekenders, still working full time, but if the parks are decent and availability for reservations isn't impossible, then the annual maintenance fee will be worth it for us, as most of the parks are within 4 hours or so from us. And over the next 10 years or so we'll be moving towards and into retirement, so we'll get much more time to use it then.

We're used to camping the full range of parks, from State parks to small private parks, rv resorts, and boondocking. We're not expecting a resort, but like to know the facilities are maintained and things like the pool(s) are in good condition for the kids and grands (if they have them). Also like to know there are things to do around the parks, whether its river/desert toys or places to go see or do. I'm fine with hiking, fishing, and watching the stars at night, but I don't get to do that if I can't entertain the horde.

Sorry for the long read and thanks for any information and advice.
2013 Ford F150 SCrew, 5.0L, tow upgrade
Old: 2003 Jayco Kiwi 23D
Jim_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #2

I’m not familiar with them but if you’re looking for something a bit different then checkout Harvest Hosts.
Old 02-22-2021, 06:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderMore View Post
I’m not familiar with them but if you’re looking for something a bit different then checkout Harvest Hosts.
Harvest Hosts doesn't allow hybrid trailers unfortunately.
2013 Ford F150 SCrew, 5.0L, tow upgrade
Old: 2003 Jayco Kiwi 23D
Jim_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:59 PM   #4

Hmm, I’m going to check on that! I know they don’t do tents but your hybrid is fully self contained.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:18 PM   #5

CRA

We have been members of CRA for over 10 years. We use the Lake Havasu Resort the most. We also store our motor home at the Cherry Valley Lakes location.

Two weeks in and one week out. Week out can be paid for to stay longer.

With the rv storage location near our home we find the membership valuable. No regrets.
rvfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:47 PM   #6

We’ve been members for 2 years. For us it’s a win/win ! We live in the warm weather at Emerald Cove in the winter and use our Coast to Coast membership in the summer in the northern states. We loved the membership after the first year and upgraded to include longer free stays and a “TripThrough The System” (which means two free weeks at every CRA resort without paying the week out) along with 3 free cottage weeks which can be given to our kids. There’s no doubt it’s worth it to get one, and if you can, get the lifetime membership and get the one with the “Elite” upgrade!
Old 02-23-2021, 03:54 PM   #7

Had the opportunity to visit the park in Julian, CA and listen to the sales pitch several years ago. Camping sites are REALLY close together. The parks along the Colorado River are near Parker and Yuma where there are rental capabilities. They were somehow affiliated with parks across the country, most of which we weren't interested in visiting.

Was able to happily walk away without buying what is in essence an RV time share kind of thing.
Oltimer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:54 PM   #8
BMullins46

sounds to me like a setup similar to a T
"time share" if that's the case do not walk away RUN! It becomes a money pit trap that the only way to get out of is to find a sucker to buy it from you.
BMullins46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent