Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2019, 07:18 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawboy01 View Post
Yup we see this all the time. A wide open parking lot and non-rv vehicles parked in RV designated spaces.....why??!!! Attachment 210098Attachment 210099
Why? Probably because they were raised 'entitled'..... And now they consider you an unwanted visitor to THEIR planet. It's not just how they park. It's how they drive. It's how they push their carts at the grocery store or Walmart. It's how they camp. It's how they live at home.

Elitists. Those that know better than you do how to spend your money, or how to act, or especially to define what is "cool" these days.

I don't have the guts.....but I know a guy who used to put his business card on the windshield with a note "Call me to discuss how to park".

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:39 AM   #102

Most of the CBs that I have used (and do it quite often) put the RV spaces in the back, pretty far from the door. Most people don't bother with them.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:53 AM   #103

Rockport Tx Walmart

This past winter I saw employees parking in clearly marked RV spots at a Walmart in Rockport Tx. Sad because there was plenty of parking in the lot else where.

I’m about 55’ with a towed. It aggravates me to no end when people see me behind them, in some cases blocking traffic and take their sweet time getting gas and then going into the store without moving their vehicle. It’s hard enough finding a gas station I can maneuver into, let alone putting up with these boneheads. Happened 3 times on our last trip. Coincidentally the last time the lunkhead had Maryland license plates. 🤷*♂️
Edrps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #104
Retired

Cracker Barrel parking, not

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1151.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	360.6 KB
ID:	210147
Overnight stay
We arrive @ CB around 4:30 park out back, inform the manager were we are , would like to stay over night and that we would be having supper and breakfast. Every manager was very accommodating and appreciated the business. One even had an employee move their car in order for us to park.
Weather permitting we would bring out the chairs and read for awhile.
Oh ya! I’m not to old to enjoy a hot meal. [emoji847]
Old 07-17-2019, 05:09 PM   #105

Just can not beat their Country Fried Steak, white gravy, mashed potatoes, hash brown casserole, green beans and corn bread................I just made myself VERY hungry!!!
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:26 PM   #106

Tonight on RT. 1 in Delaware we pulled into a gas station that had two pumps. Guy with Acura and NY tags was standing by his open trunk fiddling with a car radio. His car blocked both pumps and he ignored us for a few minutes even though I pulled up close to him.

Finally my wife approached him to ask if was ever going to move. I don’t know what he said but it was with attitude and he got a dose of her suppressed Jersey mob attitude. �� He cleared out in a flash.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:41 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
...he got a dose of her suppressed Jersey mob attitude. �� He cleared out in a flash.
My redheaded daughter refers to that as opening up a can of redhead.
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #108

Just ran into this at a favorite Flying J stop. It is favorite for convenience and my discount only. RV/Bus parking almost full of small cars vans and pickup trucks. I had about 6 in from a vans mirror parked one space from a mini van that I had to squeeze between. Many car spaces available, but not 6 adjacent to park across. Those towing trailers had nowhere to park and left. One Motorhome just parked in the driving lane. I mentioned it to one of the people behind the counter and explained it politely to three of the people parked there. This location gets progressively worse each year. I left reviews on Yelp and AllStays. I hope management sees these. Service at the restaurant is quite slow as well. They continue to get business only because of convenience. But they are likely losing business from those with trailers and commercial busses.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:00 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood422 View Post
My redheaded daughter refers to that as opening up a can of redhead.
I survived opening up a few of those cans. 🥴
Old 07-18-2019, 05:27 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I survived opening up a few of those cans. [emoji3061]

I want to go to Ireland, does that make me crazy?
Old 07-18-2019, 09:55 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesptr View Post
Nope, not at all.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:00 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesptr View Post
Heck No!!!! Would love to go also! Just found out Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Native American is in my ancestral make-up............explains a lot of things
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:04 PM   #113

As a follow up we returned to the same Cracker Barrel a couple of nights ago. We were able to park in the RV spots this time.
The other two spots had pick up trucks with jet ski trailers.That seemed legitimate to me.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:08 AM   #114
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrps View Post
Coincidentally the last time the lunkhead had Maryland license plates. [emoji1745]*[emoji3603]
WHAT?!?! Say it ain't so! [emoji1787][emoji28][emoji1787][emoji28][emoji1787]

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:36 AM   #115

In my opinion its not just Cracker Barrel, or any other Convenience store/fuel station. I run into this all the time at a local Exxon station that I use to fuel for every day driving. This station has a total of 12 pumps that are for gasoline and 2 pumps that have gasoline and diesel. It irks me to no end when I pull in for fuel and find cars and gas pick up trucks sitting at the 2 diesel pumps when all of the other gasoline only pumps are clear. Most of these times the car has the hose in the tank but nobody around the vehicle.
2018 HD Fatbob S 114
Retired LEO,
Current Drug Diversion Investigator
Boris0119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:56 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris0119 View Post
In my opinion its not just Cracker Barrel, or any other Convenience store/fuel station. I run into this all the time at a local Exxon station that I use to fuel for every day driving. This station has a total of 12 pumps that are for gasoline and 2 pumps that have gasoline and diesel. It irks me to no end when I pull in for fuel and find cars and gas pick up trucks sitting at the 2 diesel pumps when all of the other gasoline only pumps are clear. Most of these times the car has the hose in the tank but nobody around the vehicle.
X2.
Nobody notices till they have a diesel. Pump options are way less.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:51 AM   #117

Maybe another way of looking at it, you just had a huge lunch. You realize now you shouldn't of had the hot chicken wings and your stomach is churning, so you pull into the first Mickey D's or gas station you see to use the restroom. The only stall available is the larger handicap stall. Do you use it, or wait until the smaller stall becomes available?
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:17 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Maybe another way of looking at it, you just had a huge lunch. You realize now you shouldn't of had the hot chicken wings and your stomach is churning, so you pull into the first Mickey D's or gas station you see to use the restroom. The only stall available is the larger handicap stall. Do you use it, or wait until the smaller stall becomes available?
Nope. Not at all.
If it's the only pump (potty), take it.
If there's others, leave it for those who don't have the choice.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:35 AM   #119
Pickin', Campin', Mason

These threads always leave me shaking my head.

Why in the world would anyone get irked to no end if you pull into a service station and see a gasoline powered car/truck using a pump that has BOTH gas and diesel?

Where did the thinking come from that says... "even though this pump dispenses gas along with diesel, please do not use it to pump gas. Go to another pump and let this one sit empty for the next available diesel driver!"

If you want to pull into a service station and have a diesel pump available, go to a diesel only facility. As long as the pump dispenses both, there is NOTHING wrong with dispensing either and you simply need to wait your turn to use it. Even if ALL the other pumps are sitting empty, a gas customer has every much a right to use that pump as a diesel customer.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:39 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
These threads always leave me shaking my head.

Why in the world would anyone get irked to no end if you pull into a service station and see a gasoline powered car/truck using a pump that has BOTH gas and diesel?

Where did the thinking come from that says... "even though this pump dispenses gas along with diesel, please do not use it to pump gas. Go to another pump and let this one sit empty for the next available diesel driver!"

If you want to pull into a service station and have a diesel pump available, go to a diesel only facility. As long as the pump dispenses both, there is NOTHING wrong with dispensing either and you simply need to wait your turn to use it.
Irked to no end is an overstatement, at least for me.

From there, it seems like common courtesy. I can't use another, you can. Why must you make me wait, if there's no actual reason?

Between us we have $0.04.

Tags
crack, parking