Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2019, 03:27 PM   #21

Personally, at 60, I feel I have 10 years until I want to eat at Cracker Barrel on a regular basis
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Personally, at 60, I feel I have 10 years until I want to eat at Cracker Barrel on a regular basis
I tend to agree with you but when traveling they have an ok breakfast.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #23

This has been an eye-opener for me. Never in a million years (yes I’m really that old) have I ever thought to not fill up at a gas pump that also has diesel. Never woulda thunk about it.
JWood422 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:11 PM   #24

Quote:
It is frustrating to those of us with long vehicles, but those spaces are open for anybody to use. You hope those spots are only used by normal vehicles in an overflow situation, but the truth is, most folks that don't have RVs, don't think that way. What saves most of these long spots is that they are usually farthest away and most folks will never walk farther than they have to.
It's like the end lanes at most gas stations that have both diesel and gas pumps. I can only use those two lanes, and I usually have to wait for a gas vehicle to leave, even though other gas only lanes are open. It aggravates me, but probably never occurs to the other folks who have never owned a diesel.
But I find the older I get, the less these type of trivialities bother me.
I'm just the opposite, the older I get the more it bothers me....grumpy old man[emoji16]
rgchrishunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:27 PM   #25
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgchrishunter View Post
I'm just the opposite, the older I get the more it bothers me....grumpy old man[emoji16]
Ditto! [emoji106]

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Besides the CB I stopped at in Nampa, ID last month, the last time I was at a Cracker Barrell was 20 yrs ago in Yuma, AZ.
Until recently, Cracker Barrell had no California locations..
I figure at 65, I was due to stop at one.
I too share the curmudgeonly attitudes of others that come with age. My profession, now retired, made me very cynical.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Your pic looks so much older.......LOL

I got 11 on you. And if I ever eat there, it's cause they're giving away free rocking chairs. Even then, I'd get a chair and leave before eating.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #28

Quote:
It's like the end lanes at most gas stations that have both diesel and gas pumps. I can only use those two lanes, and I usually have to wait for a gas vehicle to leave, even though other gas only lanes are open. It aggravates me, but probably never occurs to the other folks who have never owned a diesel.
Remember, some of us tow with gas powered vehicles and are also long. Even though I have a relatively small trailer I measure over 45' total and "those other gas only lanes" are often very difficult to enter or worse yet, leave.

If you fall in behind me at an outside lane filling my truck with gas, rest assured I'll be leaving as soon as I'm full. If I want to go in the store and shop, and there's room somewhere else in the lot I'll pull out of the way and park there so others can use the pump. Same if I need to use the restroom but I'll use the one in my TT. Smells better than most public ones

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:16 PM   #29

Quote:
It is frustrating to those of us with long vehicles, but those spaces are open for anybody to use. You hope those spots are only used by normal vehicles in an overflow situation, but the truth is, most folks that don't have RVs, don't think that way. What saves most of these long spots is that they are usually farthest away and most folks will never walk farther than they have to.
You have a good attitude. This particular location had dozens of empty car spots and very clear signs. I am not saying those parked in the RV spots were rude, maybe they were clueless . There were open spots closer to the entrance.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:20 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I do realize you are were in Maryland, so it’s not surprising to you and others that each of those vehicles has Maryland plates. The thing is, though, even if you were in Idaho, the vehicles occupying those spaces would have been from Maryland. It’s the truth!

Bruce
I didn’t take my daughters comments seriously about Maryland drivers until I had enough experience. I could tell several stories just from this weekends trip. 🤪
Old 07-07-2019, 06:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Was there any signage stating those spaces are reserved for RVs? Not that anybody in a car would care or not. Just wondering.

Bruce
I don’t recall the exact verbiage but more signs than I have ever seen and very clear the spots were for RVs
Old 07-07-2019, 06:32 PM   #32

I was not upset because I easily parked at the back of the lot only taking up 2 spaces.
Just sharing my experience.

I didn’t bother the management since there was not much they could do.

When we left the first inconvenienced class A was gone and another got into one of the RV spots.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:36 PM   #33

I see this at a certain Flying J all the time in NYS. I have had to straddle 5 or 6 nearby empty car spaces because the RV and bus spaces were filled with small cars and pickup trucks. I am tempted to contact management, since this occurs so often at this location.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:16 PM   #34

RV Parking

The municipal parking lot in Magog Quebec thoughtfully provides RV parking spots. We were there about a week ago and watched as parking enforcement hung a ticket on a pickup parked right by the 'RV Only' (actually VR Seulement in French) parking sign. There were lots of non-RV parking spaces available, lots of pickups parked in them and the violator had Quebec plates. No excuses.

Sometimes there is justice.
grafic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:40 PM   #35

My post #5 shows that the RV/Bus parking was,clearly marked. There is a Cracker Barrel in Victorville Ca. It's been there a couple of years.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:32 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I didn’t take my daughters comments seriously about Maryland drivers until I had enough experience. I could tell several stories just from this weekends trip. 🤪
Oh, your daughter knows what she’s talking about! Sorry you had to deal with it and experience it firsthand. It can be difficult planning a route to avoid travel through Maryland, but the extra miles and time spent can be worth it. It might even save your life.

Bruce
Old 07-08-2019, 07:13 AM   #37

Quote:
Oh, your daughter knows what she’s talking about! Sorry you had to deal with it and experience it firsthand. It can be difficult planning a route to avoid travel through Maryland, but the extra miles and time spent can be worth it. It might even save your life.

Bruce
I can’t avoid Maryland. She lives in Annapolis and is planning to move to Kent Island. My wife is talking about moving to there also.

Besides, we have plenty of crummy drivers in PA and NJ to keep me awake. 😊
Old 07-08-2019, 07:21 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertsquid View Post
My post #5 shows that the RV/Bus parking was,clearly marked. There is a Cracker Barrel in Victorville Ca. It's been there a couple of years.
Yes that is clearly marked.

Reminds me of a sporting good store I managed in the 70’s. People would come in and handle the items in my window display, messing it up. I put up a small picket fence. Didn’t work. Put little signs on the pickets ask them to ask us for assistance. That didn’t work. Had an employee greet customers while standing by the display. Didn’t work.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #39

Permanent stickers

Printed stickers come in a few different styles. One option is permanent or non-permanent.

Why not print up a bunch of permanent stickers saying something like "This vehicle was parked in a spot reserved for RVs and an RV was unable to mark. Next time please park where you are supposed to." and place them on the offending vehicles.

The offender will have plenty of time to think about it while he struggles to remove the sticker.

Don't put them where they impeded the driver's vision. If you are really annoyed, put one on a painted surface.

There are probably cheaper sources; this one is the first one I found:
https://www.stickeryou.com/products/...t-stickers/626
You should be able to find them for well under a buck each.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:25 AM   #40
Camp Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
I'm not saying it wouldn't happen in Western Maryland, but I would like to think we're more considerate out here than in the Baltimore/DC area. Go west across Sidling Mountain and things are a bit different. Go west across Big Savage and it's A LOT different! [emoji41]
I go past our Cracker Barrel almost every day. I'll have to take notice now of who does and who doesn't park in the RV spots.

You got that right. I work in the Baltimore/DC Metro area, home of the as*holes. I live in Carroll County, most people who live there are transplants form the DC/Baltimore Metro area looking to get away from the rat race.

2015-2018: 20 Trips, 61 Nights Camped
2018: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped
2019: 2 Trips, 10 nights so far......
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack, parking