Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2019, 09:15 PM   #81

I have spent many nights in the Cracker Barrel parking lot. Never had a single problem.
HATCHET19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:22 PM   #82

I wouldn’t hesitate to leave a note on each of their windshields. Have done it before, usually not a polite note.
In addition how many times have we rv’es pulled into a flying j who has designated RV fuel lanes to gas up only to find a car or pickup sitting there at the pumps.
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:52 PM   #83

Never had much of a problem. Get there after 8 PM and generally park at the back of the lot adjacent to the grass often across 4 or 5 spots. Doesn't matter, the lot is always nearly empty at that time. Besides, the RV spots are seldom that level anyway.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:17 AM   #84

I would never slam Cracker Barrel and its sad that some are. They are very welcoming and good to RVers. When someone goes for dinner and the only spot is the rv spot, should they leave anticipating an rv may show up? No Those spots are for convenience but also first come first serve.
While my gf likes CB, I am not that big a fan, however I choose them every time on the road to show support for being good to RVers
Old 07-16-2019, 06:19 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeFeo View Post
I wouldn’t hesitate to leave a note on each of their windshields. Have done it before, usually not a polite note.
In addition how many times have we rv’es pulled into a flying j who has designated RV fuel lanes to gas up only to find a car or pickup sitting there at the pumps.
Oh please, how many times I have pulled into the rv pumps and two adjacent rvers are finished fueling but standing there chatting. And they continue until I get out and tell them to gtfo.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:29 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeFeo View Post
I doubt there are any signs or rules that state “RVs ONLY”.

It would be foolish for any gas station to impose such a regulation. Are those pumps just supposed to sit there, unused, until an RV comes along? The “RV fuel lanes” are only there to make it more convenient for the occasional RV to use. Wait in line at the “RV fuel lanes” behind the other paying customers filling up their cars, then, after you fill up, go inside and thank the manager for his company making it so easy for you to pull in and fill-up your RV.

Bruce
Old 07-16-2019, 07:10 AM   #87
llr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Nor me. But I live in an area where use of diesel is the exception and it's almost never occupied.

I do try to pull forward to make other pumps accessible. That's partly in self-defense, to prevent idiots from pulling in from the opposite end and blocking me in.
I never thought about it either, until I had a diesel Jetta, now I leave them open unless everything is full.

Also at least around here the outside pumps a generally the ones with skimmers
TV 2024 F350 DRW Lariat Ultimate
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload - sold 4/24
llr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Personally, at 60, I feel I have 10 years until I want to eat at Cracker Barrel on a regular basis
It would still only be breakfast for me. Lunch and dinner quality is sadly lacking at every one I have tried across the country.

2018 T21TBHW A-Frame
2012 Nissan Pathfinder
tlspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:46 AM   #89

Cracker Barrel Info

We regularly eat and overnight park at Cracker Barrel. Been eating there since 1969 when it was founded. Born in Nashville so know their history well. Got travel trailer in 2011 so we eat dinner there, overnight with permission, then eat breakfast next morning at many CB's across the country. Great southern food. Purchased stock about 3-4 years ago at 132. Now at 160-170. Very well run company.
czachry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:50 AM   #90

I always pull as far forward at the pump as possible when fueling. Now that I have a diesel rig, about six weeks, it will be a bit more challenging I'm guessing to fill up, never had a problem with my gas rig.

I checked out a CB once while motoring around Michigan two summers ago. The lot was small and not conducive to motor home with a toad on a dolly to maneuver, no less park
There was a nice B+ parked there and the other designated RV spots were open. If we are looking for somewhere to pull off the highway for a break or something to eat we always look for a plaza or large store like a supermarket to pull into. I'll always loop around to get close to our exit point and off as far to the side or rear away from traffic.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #91

Rick Davidson

We have a 36ft motor home with a tow car, we do Google Earth to checkout the lengths of the rv parking spots, if it looks like it will work for our rig we call Cracker Barrel to check to be sure overnight stay is ok, we have never had any problems. Nice safe place to stay and eat dinner and lunch. Thanks Cracker Barrel for what you do!!!
Rick Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:40 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger1 View Post
Oh please, how many times I have pulled into the rv pumps and two adjacent rvers are finished fueling but standing there chatting. And they continue until I get out and tell them to gtfo.
This happens to me fairly often at Pilot/Flying J. I do try to be a bit more diplomatic
And perhaps this is prejudiced, but it is always motorhomes when it happens to me. I know they take longer to fuel up, so I try to be patient.
Earlier this year I was waiting in the RV lanes in Lordsburg NM behind side by side MHs. Big ones. I had almost decided to back out and go around to the semi lanes when I saw one of the occupants walk between the two MHs carrying containers of food. They were preparing and eating lunch together while parked at the pumps!
So I went up to them, knocked on the door, and asked if Liz and I could eat lunch with them, so we could get that out of the way while we were waiting on the pumps.
They were appropriately apologetic and fairly quick to move to the ample parking lot areas for long rigs.
Things that make you shake your head in disbelief........
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:36 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
This happens to me fairly often at Pilot/Flying J. I do try to be a bit more diplomatic
And perhaps this is prejudiced, but it is always motorhomes when it happens to me. I know they take longer to fuel up, so I try to be patient.
Earlier this year I was waiting in the RV lanes in Lordsburg NM behind side by side MHs. Big ones. I had almost decided to back out and go around to the semi lanes when I saw one of the occupants walk between the two MHs carrying containers of food. They were preparing and eating lunch together while parked at the pumps!
So I went up to them, knocked on the door, and asked if Liz and I could eat lunch with them, so we could get that out of the way while we were waiting on the pumps.
They were appropriately apologetic and fairly quick to move to the ample parking lot areas for long rigs.
Things that make you shake your head in disbelief........
Disrespectful and inconsiderate. After making me wait, the ah went and started to check all his tires on his toad. I was getting back out with a lug wrench to help him and he ran into his rig, I guess the last tire looked fine as he ran by lol
Old 07-16-2019, 05:18 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiandt View Post
Pull your rig across in front of them, then go in and have a nice leisurely meal😂.
They will not learn anything except to block a RV every chance they get. Don't need to make things worse by adding to problems.

As far as the truck unloading at Cracker Barrel.........he was great about it. These guys work their butts off unloading their freight, they're in a hurry also. Many, many years ago when I ran LTL Freight for a rapid transport we were kept track of how many miles, how many stops per hour. Anything less than 50 mph and 2.5 stops per hr we were "slacking"
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:38 PM   #95

It's not just RVs. Normal cars and van drivers will leave their vehicle at the pump after filling and walk inside to browse for snacks leaving the rest of us just sitting there. They think I'm rude when I ask them to move.

-- Chuck
Old 07-16-2019, 05:58 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_S View Post
It's not just RVs. Normal cars and van drivers will leave their vehicle at the pump after filling and walk inside to browse for snacks leaving the rest of us just sitting there. They think I'm rude when I ask them to move.

-- Chuck
I saw that recently at a Chevron gas station in Tonopah, NV. Car loaded with people and no driver just sitting at a pump island, no attempt to fuel the vehicle. Two cars backed up in line behind the car. Driver was most likely inside the store ordering Subway or Burger King for his passengers.
Finally the waiting drivers and myself approached the car and sternly announced, "are you getting gas"?
Folks inside were oblivious "oblivot" because their eyes and minds were buried into the smart phones they were holding. Misnomer emphasis on "smart".
"Oh yeah, we'll move the car"
Old 07-16-2019, 08:40 PM   #97

They don’t care

Had the same issue at the Cracker Barrel in Evansville, Indiana on a Sunday morning. Luckily there was an adjacent restaurant closed and we were able to park there although it caused my handicapped wife to have to walk quite a bit further.

Entered a review on Trip Advisor with absolutely no response from CB. They simply don’t care if they accommodate us or not. Go that way often but WILL NOT be stopping there.
gklclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:48 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gklclark View Post
Had the same issue at the Cracker Barrel in Evansville, Indiana on a Sunday morning. Luckily there was an adjacent restaurant closed and we were able to park there although it caused my handicapped wife to have to walk quite a bit further.

Entered a review on Trip Advisor with absolutely no response from CB. They simply don’t care if they accommodate us or not. Go that way often but WILL NOT be stopping there.
So, wait, you left a bad review for a restaurant that was not at fault? A restaurant that goes out of its way to accommodate rvers? Iis sad that you wife had to struggle but tell me, do you write your local market when you cannot find a spot?
I never understand the complaints because a business has customers
Old 07-17-2019, 06:32 AM   #99

Yup we see this all the time. A wide open parking lot and non-rv vehicles parked in RV designated spaces.....why??!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	20190629_133155.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	210098Click image for larger version

Name:	20190629_133354.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	210099
kawboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:47 AM   #100

I've said it before - people are IDIOTS.
What's further disturbing is that these idiots can vote and reproduce.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack, parking