Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2022, 07:52 PM   #1

Question Cricket Grasshopper Collapsible Golf Cart

Been looking at the Cricket collapsible Grasshopper for over a year and considering one. Anyone out there have one? Pros and Cons?

https://cricketminigolfcarts.com/cri...shopper-model/
rjssuzq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:08 PM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

I've been looking at the Grasshopper too. Wicked expensive, but if I want one, and not have to buy a toy hauler, this seems like only solution for me. I started a thread on this already. Wife says I have to renovate bathrooms first, then she'll give me green light to buy. I may wait a bit longer till the new Li batteries continue to come down in price instead of equipping with heavy FLA batts.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...rs-226200.html
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:09 AM   #3

I did see that post, but figured since it was almost a year old I would start a new one. You are right the Grasshopper does seem over priced!! But Love the way it looks. Can't seem to find anyone that has one to see how they like it. Have you talked to them about LI batteries? I talked to them about a year ago and they told me they didn't have them as a option because they were to expensive and if they are saying there expensive that's scary! lol
Old 01-10-2022, 10:29 AM   #4
Trailer Park Supervisor

I communicated with some lady that has her own RV blog, who had it over a year and loves it. Seems like most reports are very favorable. Have not talked to them about the Li batts, but it seems to be in their 'option' list now. Apparently this model is custom made, which might be what is pushing price up, as it is made there in Daytona, not shipped over from China with the rest. The last time I talked with company was about the time I posted that last thread. I'm actually glad I didn't rush into it, as it seems their 'options' list has greatly increased. I love that you can get a remote control for it. I don't see myself wanting to actually drive that up steep ramps into my F150 bed. I would rather stand to side safely and work a little joystick!

**Here is her link and pics: https://glampinginmyrv.com/2021/01/0.../#comment-1392
Old 01-10-2022, 11:13 AM   #5

I think the Grasshopper is a RX5 model that comes from China and then goes into their custom shop to make it a Grasshopper, suspension lift, bigger wheels/ tires, controller tweak to make it go faster etc.
I like that maroon color and is probably what I would pick. Will match my new Ram 2500 I'll be hauling it in. All I see on Cricket website for Grasshopper options is: the (Extended Batteries=$399) and they told me: (There better quality, last longer, and better run times than the standard ones and there not Lithium) and the (Upgraded Bluetooth Charger=$699) they told me: (It gives a lot of info and may charge a little faster than standard one but also not for IL. When I asked the question about getting Lithium they said: (Its not worth the cost). It would be nice to shed probably 100 lbs. of battery weight, but not sure it would be worth the price increase of the LI battery and the LI charger.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:37 AM   #6
Georgia Rally Coordinator

I Have the Cricket ESV and really like it. Have had it for 4 years and no issues. I added a rack to the back of my camper to carry it as it only weights 250# and is a heck of a lot cheaper. Later RJD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210605_120542.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	468.9 KB
ID:	267590  
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 11:50 AM   #7
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjssuzq View Post
I think the Grasshopper is a RX5 model that comes from China and then goes into their custom shop to make it a Grasshopper, suspension lift, bigger wheels/ tires, controller tweak to make it go faster etc.
I like that maroon color and is probably what I would pick. Will match my new Ram 2500 I'll be hauling it in. All I see on Cricket website for Grasshopper options is: the (Extended Batteries=$399) and they told me: (There better quality, last longer, and better run times than the standard ones and there not Lithium) and the (Upgraded Bluetooth Charger=$699) they told me: (It gives a lot of info and may charge a little faster than standard one but also not for IL. When I asked the question about getting Lithium they said: (Its not worth the cost). It would be nice to shed probably 100 lbs. of battery weight, but not sure it would be worth the price increase of the LI battery and the LI charger.
Prices on Li are coming down. I will wait. BTW, that link to her blog, check again, I struck up a conversation with her in comments.

Ace, your model is a lot cheaper, but I can't resist that faster and more capable Grasshopper. I have the need for speed! We'll see how much fun money is left after bathroom renovation.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:57 AM   #8
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Looking to get better run times or farther trips on your Cricket. We offer several battery solutions for the ESV, SX3 & RX5. We also offer a second battery pack securely placed in the rear rack or foot rack of your Cricket- this option does require a Pro Charger. We offer higher amperage AGM batteries, lithium batteries or stock replacement batteries.
From their CUSTOM tab on their website. Looks like they normally use either a 24v system or 36v system, just 12v batts in series.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:40 PM   #9

Just throwing this out there. 300 lbs, loads on a rail behind trailer. $4300
Honda quality and resale values.

TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:42 PM   #10
Trailer Park Supervisor

Can't hold a cooler full of ice and beer! Wife is not strong enough to hold it.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:01 PM   #11

And can't participate in the Golf Cart Parades at some Camp Grounds! lol

The best deal I ever see on Grasshoppers are on holidays, sometimes $400. off. So I will probably hold off for my tax return and then when a $400. off holiday sale rolls around.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:02 PM   #12

they do make a rear rack for stuff like that
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:22 PM   #13

I will be hauling in back of my truck under a cap, My Micro lite can not hall more then the spare tire that is on the back of it now.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:27 PM   #14
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjssuzq View Post
And can't participate in the Golf Cart Parades at some Camp Grounds! lol

The best deal I ever see on Grasshoppers are on holidays, sometimes $400. off. So I will probably hold off for my tax return and then when a $400. off holiday sale rolls around.
Yes, I've seen that discount on emails. Would at least take care of most of shipping fee.
Old 01-11-2022, 03:41 PM   #15

Cricket

We have been hauling a Cricket in the back of a Honda CT-V for 6 years. Have replaced batteries one time. It has worked great for us.
johnsmith74 is offline   Reply With Quote