Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #1

Question Debating upgrade to Georgetown 352 XL from Winnebago Access

'm considering an upgrade from my 2007 Winnebago Access 29T to a 2014 Georgetown 352 XL. I think the bunks are better than using the bed over the cab and sofa for my kids. The floor plan is as close to ideal as I can find. (I'd prefer a sofa on both sides at the front rather than a sofa and chair, but this is as close as I can get without going up $100k in the price. I think I can easily live with one sofa since I can use the front seats as living space, unlike my C.)

I haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews of that particular MH though, so I thought I'd ask here. Would anyone have specific advice on pros/cons of that make/model as I trade up? I included the "from" RV just in case it may make any difference.

I did post this on another forum first, but was referred here by someone else with a Georgetown. I have to say I was glad that the positive results from owners there is encouraging. The only negative was second hand ("one of our friends"), and didn't cover year and model to be able to research further.

For reference, I currently use the RV on weekends about 8+ times a year, and then for a couple weeks of vacation. I'm not doing high mileage, so as much as I'd like to bump to a diesel I can't justify the cost at this time. I know I'm bad with maintenance though. I do what is required, but I don't have enough free time to do that much more. I don't want to get into a new RV just to find there are unexpected things I should have been prepared for.

Thanks in advance for any input.
RayPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
WisconsinCowboy

We are hoping to be upgrading in the next month or so from a 2005 Coachmen Santara Class A to a 2014 Georgetown 352XL as well. The floor plan seems to make the most sense for our family of 4. We checked about 6 different models / floor plans out and the 352 both inside and outside (storage) seemed to be above and beyond the others... never looked at DP as they're were not in the budget.
ejaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #3

We just purchased a 2014 351ds and are absolutely in love. It has all the upgraded one would find at the 100k price point and very comfortable. We have 4 kids so we love the bunk room and use he bunk over the cab. I know this isn't the exact model as you are asking about, but Georgetown does a wonderful job making the gassers feel much like the DP.
Campingmomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #4

We just went from an 09 Winnebago Outlook to a 351DS with two kids and can't be happier. Besides the little quirks that pop up in a new coach.
Andysabruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #5

Having looked at a lot of options as far as floor plans and makes (Tiffin, Forest River, Thor) we went with a 350, the triple slide. The main reason's being function.
The 4th slide takes up space outside under the awning. If you like being outside under that awning as we do it's sort of a drag. Since that is a place you congregate you have to mind the slide too or make sure you have ice packs for your head! Not a deal breaker but a factor.
The other thing is the usability when closed. It seemed to us that the 350 traveled bigger than the 352. With 4 slides it (at least seemed) tighter. With 2 little one's that makes a difference for us.
The residential fridge is nice too for the week+ trips!
All that said, I was a 352 fan because when actually opened up the inside is big. However those points were made clear and I agree, the 350 is the right one for us!
Coleman 12' Pop up
Jayco X23B
jimacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #6

the 352 is definitely tighter when all the slides are in. the Kitchen slide leaves about a foot between the counter and the dinette seat when all slides are in, conversely, the 350 is pretty much the same with front to back when the slides are all in.
But, when the 352 has all slides open, the space in the "living room" is huge.
What I have noticed is that small space does act as a "speedbump" for kids going from front to back

I have a 352 and Love it so far.
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #7

I think either way you'll be happy. The question probably comes down to, do you want more space while moving or while parked? Which leads into are you using it close to home or all over the place.
Coleman 12' Pop up
Jayco X23B
jimacamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, upgrade