Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2020, 12:56 AM   #1

Designer needs technical info and resources!

Greetings!
I am a designer / fabricator looking for resources. I just purchased a brand new 2019 Forest river Salem 200RK.

This is my 3rd travel trailer I've purchased in the past 10 years. I buy them as a blank canvas and completely refab them.

For this build, I'm taking the Salem 200RK and redesigning it as a polished luxury travel suite. It's refreshingly low-key with clean, minimal interior aesthetics...which makes for a great start.

It's a budget build, but I have a talent for doing fantastic builds on the cheap. I'll post before and after pics.

Specifically, I am looking for electrical wiring diagrams, structural diagrams, and other in-depth technical information on this model. Does anyone know how I can obtain this? Is there a shop manual or technical manual I can purchase?

Also, I've researched higher end Forest River travel trailers and motorhomes. I see my 200RK interior parts / interior colors used in higher end models...which creates a great mix and match grab bag of high-end bits. I'm planning on trying to order some of these parts from the local FR dealer unless someone knows a better way.

Lastly, anyone have a resource for an RV salvage yard that might have newer FR bits? We have one here in Phoenix but it's mostly older stuff.

Here's a few pics of my last build just for fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08kitchen.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	222018   Click image for larger version

Name:	09TT.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	222019  
Sconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sconner View Post
Specifically, I am looking for electrical wiring diagrams, structural diagrams, and other in-depth technical information on this model. Does anyone know how I can obtain this? Is there a shop manual or technical manual I can purchase?

gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #3

the belief is that shop manuals and technical drawings for FR travel trailers are non-existent... good luck with finding one

If you tear into the trailer, keep good notes and publish what you find... there may be a market for it.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:34 PM   #4

I requested a drawing for the rear of our Salem 210RBXL so I could install a ladder. I was sent a "drawing" that looked more like a sketch and the dimensions for the wall studs was off by 2+ inches. I ended up using a stud finder inside the trailer and transferring that info to the outside.

Never requested wiring info but from what I've observed and read on this forum, wiring is sort of a artists creation buy the people building each unit.

Good luck!

BTW, I'm curious what exactly you do to luxury these blank canvases up. Got any pictures of past projects showing before & after you'd care to share?
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
technical