Old 04-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #41

Buying local does not necessarily give you great service. Especially if it's a camping world
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
Buying local does not necessarily give you great service. Especially if it's a camping world
AMEN to that.
Hundreds of RV forum stories of owners who chose to support local dealers, only to have terrible experiences.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:58 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmac1776 View Post
OK - At least I learned how to spell Forest correctly.
More emails and voice mails left today for Chuck Pederson at FR.

I am not going to wait 3 months just to get a local dealer to even look at the trailer. This has gone on since last November already, plus it is summer weather in San Diego so the AC needs to be fixed now.
Buy a new unit, have it installed and call that good. Keep the old one for arbitration and maybe financial compensation. New ones are about a grand installed.

Issue solved.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:10 PM   #44

I had an issue with dealer we purchased our Flagstaff from after purchase 100 miles away. After issue getting service done on tt, called warranty department at FR. Asked for closer dealer that services FR products. FR gave me three dealers closer, while they do not carry the Flagstaff they could handle the repair. Also got a call from service department from we purchased trying to get me back after they got a call from FR warranty folks. Not happy camper dealer ship. Pleased with the help I got. As far as getting parts to dealer, that seems to be another story.
Days camped in FR, 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15 = 52
16 = 77, 17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 2020 = 41
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #45

You can get the AC repaired under warranty from the manufacturer of the AC unit. First find the warranty card for the ac unit and register your unit. You will need the ac unit serial number and model number to register. For Dometic units the registration can be done online or by calling Dometic. Once your unit is register, find a RV repair shop that does warranty work. You do not have to use a RV dealer for repair work.
Walholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:19 PM   #46

Quote:
I will keep this short but bought a new 2017 Mini Lite Trailer from Trailer Hitch RV in Nipomo California. The model I wanted was not available in San Diego where I live so had to go long distance to make the purchase.

I have a defective paint issue that was documented with photos before I took possession. The salesman assured me he would file a warranty claim and help me get the issue resolved with Forrest River and a local authorized service center in San Diego.

I just tried the air conditioner for the first time and it is inoperative.

I cannot get the selling dealer to help me despite many phone calls and emails.
I tried calling and emailing Forrest River directly, NO response.

I just left a voice mail at Forrest River's corporate office. No return call.

Yesterday I visited a local Forrest River Dealer in San Diego, RV Solutions to try and obtain warranty service. They told me the soonest they could get me in is JULY!!!

I am 61 years old and have never had such awful customer service for a major purchase on my life.

Does anyone know of someone at Forrest River who will actually answer the phone or respond to an email?

The selling salesman says they filed a warranty claim months ago, but when asked to see details or proof from him I get no response.

I feel like I have been swindled and am now going to look a legal action if necessary, check out the lemon laws here in California, etc.

I also want to file a formal complaint regarding the dealer and Forrest River.

Can anyone help?

I tried calling Coach Net, they gave me a number to call at Forrest River but it just kept ringing.

Dan
I too am somewhat amazed. A month ago I emailed my dealer (50 miles away) with a list of warranty issues. Within a week I received a call from warranty service coordinator at the factory that built it. He heard me out, offered me the option to bring it to the factory, but warned that it might be months before I could get a date. We discussed my problems and he suggested an independent shop near me that was authorized FR WARRANTY REPAIR.

I called them. Apologetically they reported that it was their busy season and they had a considerable backlog. She gave me a date 4 weeks out and I take it to them Thursday morning. We have been there before for minor warranty issues the month after we bought the unit and they had it in and out in 36 hours.

It is sad that your dealer is not helping you out but everyone on this block knows that when you buy out of town a local dealer is not going to give you any priority. You're lucky they would even agree to take it as I have hair or stories.

If you know what Factory it was built in you should be able to call that factory and talk to their warranty coordinator. Ours was built in the Rialto California Factory about 19 miles from our home. They have been responsive within days to both email and voicemail messages.

I suggest you learn where your trailer was built and try to contact the Factory Direct. Good luck to you. I believe if you spend a little bit of effort you can find all of their key phone numbers online.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:25 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
I too am somewhat amazed. A month ago I emailed my dealer (50 miles away) with a list of warranty issues. Within a week I received a call from warranty service coordinator at the factory that built it. He heard me out, offered me the option to bring it to the factory, but warned that it might be months before I could get a date. We discussed my problems and he suggested an independent shop near me that was authorized FR WARRANTY REPAIR.

I called them. Apologetically they reported that it was their busy season and they had a considerable backlog. She gave me a date 4 weeks out and I take it to them Thursday morning. We have been there before for minor warranty issues the month after we bought the unit and they had it in and out in 36 hours.

It is sad that your dealer is not helping you out but everyone on this block knows that when you buy out of town a local dealer is not going to give you any priority. You're lucky they would even agree to take it as I have hair or stories.

If you know what Factory it was built in you should be able to call that factory and talk to their warranty coordinator. Ours was built in the Rialto California Factory about 19 miles from our home. They have been responsive within days to both email and voicemail messages.

I suggest you learn where your trailer was built and try to contact the Factory Direct. Good luck to you. I believe if you spend a little bit of effort you can find all of their key phone numbers online.
Perhaps they have already had to deal with the California AG and Do Not want to have to deal with them again!
Old 04-12-2017, 05:14 AM   #48

Apples and oranges

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
I'd say if your buying a new car bet you go over it with a fine tooth comb no different for an RV. Later RJD
A couple of differences between an RV and a vehicle.

1. You can look over and test most of the "systems" in a vehicle in less than an hour (and can do so before signing the sales documents). You need to live in the RV for a couple of days/nights to really perform a thorough series of systems tests. Good luck finding a dealer that would let you do that before handing over the cash!
2. The warranty on a vehicle is valid at any dealer of that make, regardless of where you bought the vehicle. It appears that no RV dealer is required to honor an RV warranty.
3. Most States have Lemon Laws for vehicles that apply after 30 days out of service or a specified number of repair attempts. There may be a few States with Lemon Laws that cover the coach portion of an RV or a travel trailer. Most do not.
4. Vehicle dealers live and die with the customer satisfaction surveys you receive after the purchase and after every visit to the service department. Based on my experience, FR never surveyed me after the sale or after any repair attempts. If they did and if they used the data to weed out the "bad" dealers, the dealers might have a different "attitude".

I'm sure there are other differences, but these come to mind immediately.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #49

Angry Water Boarding Customers

An update to my situation:

I did get a response from FR warranty department. No surprise that they had no record of any warranty claim ever being filed, even though selling salesman insisted they filed a claim. FR gave me list of San Diego dealers to contact, found one, Bobby Coombs RV who gave me a prompt appointment next week. I had bought a Rpod from them in 2014, had a bad PDI issue, no hot water due to water heater valves being in the winterize position. I let them know about it and at least they seemed to care.

Of course, when I challenged the salesman at Trailer Hitch RV to provide me details of when the claim was filed, who it was filed, with, email records, claim number, anything, he did not respond.

He has been lying all along. The service department never once contacted me.
I am done with Trailer Hitch RV, Nipomo CA in terms of getting answers or help. Their website says "Serving the Central Coast for 45 Years" It should say "Water Boarding customers is our specialty, we specialize in NO service after the sale"

I will be taking the time to write a dealer review, contact the BBB, a letter to Forest River, social media posts, and tell my story to others for the next 20 years if I last that long.

I myself have been in sales most of my life, recognize mediocrity is the norm especially in the RV industry it seems. In this case it is not merely mediocrity it is dishonesty and incompetence which crosses the line with me.

I am equally passionate about giving praise to sales professional who do a good job, serve there customers before and after the sale, the same with good companies and products. So on a positive note, contacted Coleman Mach via their website and got a response the same day, impressed I am.

Forest River is not innocent in all this, besides the two issues I have with the trailer, A/C and paint, they should have a process in place to ensure dealers are providing an acceptable level of service.

To Be Continued-----------
Danmac1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:40 AM   #50
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Buy a different brand....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:20 PM   #51
Site Team

Quote:

Forest River is not innocent in all this, besides the two issues I have with the trailer, A/C and paint, they should have a process in place to ensure dealers are providing an acceptable level of service.

To Be Continued-----------
Not arguing that this should happen but do you know of any other RV manufacturers that have such a process?

I don't and it's a RV industry-wide problem, not just FR.

Bad dealers are common, no matter what the brand.
Nipomo sells a bunch more Non-FR brands. Why don't those manufacturers have such a process in place.

They even sell the sacred Winnebago brand. Do you think that they give better service to their Winnebago customers, than they do their FR customers?
I seriously doubt it. So why doesn't Winnebago do something about them?

Bad dealers are a huge issues in the RV Industry and it doesn't matter what brand or manufacturer it is.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:43 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Not arguing that this should happen but do you know of any other RV manufacturers that have such a process?

I don't and it's a RV industry-wide problem, not just FR.

That does not justify any of it in my eyes. I have owned other brands, but at this point in time all I know and care about is my money was paid to Forest River. If I feel I was provided the shaft on warranty work or anything else, I am looking at FR.

If it is a dealer or supplier doing the shafting I still ultimately look at FR as they choose those people and frankly, they do all the smoke blowing with the advertising about how great the warranty is, and the exceptional level of quality (which does not exist). I don't care what Winnebago or Thor, or anyone else does at this point, and I'd be willing to bet neither does the OP?
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, trailer, warranty