Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2021, 07:58 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Everything you have described so far sounds minor compared to the problems that many, many, many people have had with brand new RV's, including my travel trailer. And a dealer that is willing to let you back out of the deal?!? That's a good sign.
My guess is it's a sign the dealer has a better offer waiting for the OP to pull out, but I'm told I'm just a cynic.
Adrian Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 12:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Gordon View Post
My guess is it's a sign the dealer has a better offer waiting for the OP to pull out, but I'm told I'm just a cynic.
That's my thought. Sounds like RV sitting in the lot, another buyer trying to offer more and the dealer milking the repair.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 01:39 PM   #23

Sadly that's happening probably more than we care to know these days with RVs like houses selling for more than they were even a few months ago. Glad I'm not in the market for either because it just brings back memories of the 2006 RE crash that IMHO inevitably will happen again for homes and RVs in the next few years or less.
Great Granddaughter - Cora (2 y/o)
Great Grandson - Zek (1 y/o)
Phillip (son)/Charlotte (6 y/o)
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 01:45 PM   #24

Keep the long term picture in perspective. Is the deal otherwise a good deal on the RV?
If so, bite the bullet on the reservation and focus on getting the unit repaired and the deal completed. These days it's not practical to expect to drive off the lot and off to the first campsite. There are usually things that need sorting before a trip.

I wouldn't put much concern on Ford or the dealer advising against traveling with a bad wiper. That's an open invitation to a lawsuit. And it's technically illegal in many states.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:27 PM   #25

A good dealer should probably pay your lost camping reservation. I’m sure they made enough of you to cover it.
Max Tow (10 speed, 3:73, 11,700lbs), HD Payload (2440lbs)
2015 Puma 253 FBS
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
2000 Honda EX 400, Rad Rover 6 Plus
Palinduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:57 PM   #26

Go Camping

Just go camping and leave all your troubles behind. Good luck and be safe!
Rich KØPIR
SDHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:52 PM   #27

Just "maybe", the dealer has someone who will pay more for the unit than you had
contracted for? This tactic has been done before and he may have a better offer. How will you feel when someone else drives it off the lot tomorrow after you bail?
Old Forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:56 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSVS View Post
Supposedly Ford is saying it is a safety issue and won’t release it. Wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I completely agree. It’s self contained. Worse case I pull over and hang out till it stops raining. Now I’m really starting to question the dealer. Thanks.
Ask ford to reimburse you for your loss. They may do so.
Jim S JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:57 PM   #29

I also agree with BOB213, I would take possession of the coach, go camping, and tell them to call you when the part has arrived. I would also clean the windshield, and treat it with RAINEX. Having the motorhome sitting on the lot isn’t going to get it fixed any quicker, and it ties up your investment/enjoyment.
We bought a 2015 fr3 30DS, in 2016, and have never regretted one minute. I have put a lot of work into it, and it gives us back much more enjoyment.
2015 fr3 30DS, added 2nd A/C-Heat Pump, both A/C have EasyStart, Auto Transfer Switch, CHF with Hellwig Links, Progressive Power Management, TPMS, Blue Ox True-Center, Koni Shocks, HID Headlamps, LED Foglamps, Pioneer Stereo, Keyless entry, Auxiliary Cooling Fans for A/C Condenser, dashcam front-rear, Yokohama Tires, air ride seats, onboard air compressor, 3000 watt hybrid Victron inverter Venus Generator Control, centramatic wheel balancers
Hogq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Everything you have described so far sounds minor compared to the problems that many, many, many people have had with brand new RV's, including my travel trailer. And a dealer that is willing to let you back out of the deal?!? That's a good sign.
Yep, got mine out of the shop last week for a blown out circuit board on furnace and bathroom leak. Got it home and had a puddle under the kitchen island. Now it's leaking.
Then today driving interstate 5, the crappy castle rock tire blew out. In 3 days my one year warranty expires. FR, said they would cover the faucet. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210909_172520.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	262575
Jim S JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #31

Talk to the campground ASAP and they might take sympathy on you, or you never know for a holiday weekend they may have a waiting list ready to fill the spot. Good luck!
Old 09-10-2021, 08:25 AM   #32

Wipers

Use rainx go camping wait for motor to come in ,just a note get dealer to warranty all your vynl to last at least 5 years i own a 2015 and had to replace all my vynl ,just saying,
Welsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSVS View Post
Decided to purchase a used 2020 Forest River FR3 30DS with 11k miles over a week ago. Was supposed to pick up unit on Saturday. Upon arrival to pick up was informed the windshield wiper motor was bad and unit would not be ready until Tuesday. Did a complete walk thru on Saturday and completed all paperwork for purchase. On Tuesday I was informed the new wiper motor did not fix the problem and the unit had to be taken to Ford for repair. Now being told this is a recall issue from Ford and part will not be available for 4-5 days. Have already made reservations at a RV park and made a non refundable deposit due to it being a holiday weekend. After reading enough reviews to make my eyes cross I am questioning whether or not to take the deposit loss on the RV park or completely back out of the purchase and run as this is one option the representative for LazyDays where I was purchasing the unit from that he offered. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You learned a valuable lesson when purchasing an RV.

Don’t ever think that an RV you purchase (new or used, especially new) will be ready to go the day you are suppose to take possession. I usually wait at least 2 weeks and “camp” in my driveway. You will almost always find things wrong with the RV. Start a list of things wrong that the dealer will need to fix (or you will need to fix if purchased from a private party).

After this “break in” period, you can decide if you can live with what is not working during your first real outing. If not, take back to dealer or fix the problems before hitting the road.

Good luck
jlynn721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:25 PM   #34

In the bigger scheme if things a deposit is not much. I've heard great things about Lazy Days which not many can say about other dealers. I wouldn't make an enemy out of them about something they are fixing. Most people are waiting monts for parts and shop time. Call tge campground and beg mercy for the deposit. They should have no problem filling your reservation. If they wont I wouldnt go back there. Take chill pill about the dealer and Ford dealer.
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 12:55 PM   #35

So one last thought on your reservations why not call the CG and see if you can reschedule or take credit that needs to be used within the next year. That way you don't have to rush and can make plans once you're all set. I've dealt with changes before and most CGs, depending on their cancellation policy will either give your money back predicated on the time before the start date, some pro-rate it, others may charge you a night. Even others give you credit, usually up to a year to use it. Or, if your confident for a short delay they'll move it to the new date, of course availability permitting. Just food for thought...
Great Granddaughter - Cora (2 y/o)
Great Grandson - Zek (1 y/o)
Phillip (son)/Charlotte (6 y/o)
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote