Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2020, 11:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by medalguy View Post
We live out in the country and city people are always bringing their unwanted animals of all kinds out here and dumping them. We and our neighbors try to rescue, feed, and rehome as many of these poor critters as possible. I canít describe the condition some of these poor critters are in after a week of being abandoned with no food, shelter, or water. Domestic animals do not readily adapt to living in the wild. PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT DUMP YOUR ANIMALS I BEG YOU! There are rescue groups all over that will take owner surrenders and regime them. Just call any vet for a list of local referrals.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-10-2020, 09:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd2436 View Post
" I want a DIESEL truck! "
She said OK so it looks like I'm getting a cat and a new Duramax!

What would you have done or asked for?
Did I cave to early?
Did I make the right decision?
You made the right decision. 'Aint nobody happy if mama aint happy.'
You got a new truck!

Now you need to go buy some allergy pills.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:01 PM   #23

True story! Been looking all week online for trucks, and bought a litter box today.
2015 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0 L 4:10
2016 Rockwood 2616 VS
pd2436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:54 PM   #24
Hot Dog Slayer

Quote:
So a few weeks ago my wife and I returned from a nice weekend camping trip.
As I was watering the flowers in the back yard, my wife was on the patio and gasped.
Turns out we had a stray cat living under our porch and she had 7 kittens. Now they were slowly pouring out from under the porch and they could not be more than 2-3 weeks old.
Fast forward to now they are about 4-5 weeks old and she is attached to the runt, a little black kitten she has named "Scout".
I am allergic to cats and she knows this, but is trying desperately to get me to accept this new little guy into our home. We already have a small Shitzu and I don't really want any more pets.
BUT--she asked, What can I do for you or give you that will change your mind.
Well, as you can imagine my mind raced to all kinds of things but I came back with

Did I cave to early?

I would have asked for two things......

1) A tombstone that read "The Greatest Husband Ever"

2) A girlfriend on the side.........just not in that order!!

No you did the right thing......even if you didn't get the truck.

My problem is my wife would want to keep them all, and seeing how we are both cat lovers I probably would!

2016 Forest River Microlite 21DS

2019 Ram 1500 Pearl Red Limited
Geobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:09 AM   #25

Scout

Without us knowing 1 of are cats took a ride in the MH. On two and four
lane highways she road on the frame till we stopped at a firehouse so the 2 yr olds could stretch and take a leak. While sitting in the parking lot my granddaughter says Nana do you hear a cat? Couple meows latter a black paw appears coming out from underneath. It was restless nights camping with a outdoor cat shut up in a rv. I know you do not want to believe it. We came up with a plan to make sure where she was after that when leaving. We proved how gullible we are .Two weeks latter we stopped in the middle to meet and pick up same kids to go the dunes. I asked if my wife had put some cola in the fridge. No, they were in the side. Yes here it comes the grey and white cat was purring away when I opened the compartment. We let our daughter take her back to the house. Good luck with Scout.
overeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:54 AM   #26

A little off topic, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by overeasy View Post
Without us knowing 1 of are cats took a ride in the MH. On two and four
lane highways she road on the frame till we stopped at a firehouse so the 2 yr olds could stretch and take a leak. While sitting in the parking lot my granddaughter says Nana do you hear a cat? Couple meows latter a black paw appears coming out from underneath. It was restless nights camping with a outdoor cat shut up in a rv. I know you do not want to believe it. We came up with a plan to make sure where she was after that when leaving. We proved how gullible we are .Two weeks latter we stopped in the middle to meet and pick up same kids to go the dunes. I asked if my wife had put some cola in the fridge. No, they were in the side. Yes here it comes the grey and white cat was purring away when I opened the compartment. We let our daughter take her back to the house. Good luck with Scout.

True story - I had a friend that I worked with, came to work one night with a chicken riding somewhere up under the body of his truck. (probably sitting on the frame member) He got to work, jumped out of the truck and the chicken came out from underneath. It took off, but hung around the plant "free ranging" for a couple of weeks before one of the other guys at work cornered and caught it. My buddy took it home and brought it to one of his neighbors (who he knew had chickens) and asked if he was missing one. Sure enough, the guy said "Yeah, I figured a coyote or something had gotten it." It was about an eleven mile ride from his home to work!

2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Duramax
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:18 AM   #27

SCOUT

So the wife and I talked more about keeping one and the littlest is her favorite, that being SCOUT. But I told her if we kept SCOUT and got a new truck we should consider changing his name to DIESEL. If we do that I sure hope Diesel/Scout is a boy. Otherwise what name could we give HER?

I guess a girl Diesel would be what.... a Powerstroke or Cummins?

LOL

Sorry, I couldn't resist, truth be told I like them all, for personal reasons I just lean more towards GM.
2015 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0 L 4:10
2016 Rockwood 2616 VS
pd2436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:24 PM   #28

Quote:
So the wife and I talked more about keeping one and the littlest is her favorite, that being SCOUT. But I told her if we kept SCOUT and got a new truck we should consider changing his name to DIESEL. If we do that I sure hope Diesel/Scout is a boy. Otherwise what name could we give HER?

LOL

Sorry, I couldn't resist, truth be told I like them all, for personal reasons I just lean more towards GM.
Dieselette? Demax?
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:12 PM   #29

You need a canvass bag and some rocks.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:14 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post

This is SOOOO wrong.

2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Duramax
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:26 PM   #31

Kitty Kitty

Quote:
So a few weeks ago my wife and I returned from a nice weekend camping trip.
As I was watering the flowers in the back yard, my wife was on the patio and gasped.
Turns out we had a stray cat living under our porch and she had 7 kittens. Now they were slowly pouring out from under the porch and they could not be more than 2-3 weeks old.
Fast forward to now they are about 4-5 weeks old and she is attached to the runt, a little black kitten she has named "Scout".
I am allergic to cats and she knows this, but is trying desperately to get me to accept this new little guy into our home. We already have a small Shitzu and I don't really want any more pets.
BUT--she asked, What can I do for you or give you that will change your mind.
Well, as you can imagine my mind raced to all kinds of things but I came back with

Did I cave to early?
They have food that reduces Allergens from cats.
https://www.purina.com/pro-plan/cats...-reducing-food
richardbrucewinquestjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:28 PM   #32

WHAT??

I CANíT BELIEVE nobody said this!....

Happy wife, Happy Life!

The Duramax is just icing on the cake
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:30 PM   #33

Dude get the truck, cats go missing all the time!
DAHVGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:07 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
This is not funny if itís supposed to be.

Itís absolutely disgusting if itís not supposed to be.
Travel Pooch:Sophie the Sato - Cats: Rhody and Hazy
2018:22nights / 2019:31Nights / 2020:18Nights
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:09 PM   #35

You beat me to the reply. I absolutely agree, totally disgusting.
medalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:09 PM   #36

Quote:
We live out in the country and city people are always bringing their unwanted animals of all kinds out here and dumping them. We and our neighbors try to rescue, feed, and rehome as many of these poor critters as possible. I canít describe the condition some of these poor critters are in after a week of being abandoned with no food, shelter, or water. Domestic animals do not readily adapt to living in the wild. PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT DUMP YOUR ANIMALS I BEG YOU! There are rescue groups all over that will take owner surrenders and regime them. Just call any vet for a list of local referrals.
Thank you for posting this, some of the comments in this thread are infuriating to a person who loves cats and works with rescue organizations to make sure they are cared for and adopted.
Travel Pooch:Sophie the Sato - Cats: Rhody and Hazy
2018:22nights / 2019:31Nights / 2020:18Nights
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:17 AM   #37

Happy wife, happy new diesel owner!
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:33 AM   #38

Quote:
We live out in the country and city people are always bringing their unwanted animals of all kinds out here and dumping them. We and our neighbors try to rescue, feed, and rehome as many of these poor critters as possible. I can’t describe the condition some of these poor critters are in after a week of being abandoned with no food, shelter, or water. Domestic animals do not readily adapt to living in the wild. PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT DUMP YOUR ANIMALS I BEG YOU! There are rescue groups all over that will take owner surrenders and regime them. Just call any vet for a list of local referrals.
I'm not exactly sure you fully understand what a real one way trip to "the ranch" really means. Don't get me wrong. We have two cats from "under the porch". One is about 11-12 years old now, and the other is going on 1 year and the 1 year old is absolutely the sweetest and funniest cat in the world! So, I don't do the trips to "the ranch" myself...but I know what some mean when they say that.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:57 AM   #39

Quote:
If we do that I sure hope Diesel/Scout is a boy. Otherwise what name could we give HER?
Diesel would work for a girl too. Sounds like you're even closer to adopting the runt.
Just make certain that if it's a girl, you get her to a vet and not end up like this poor guy in England who ended up with 17 cats during lockdown. They finally had to tell people that if they had kittens during the lockdown, they separate the boys and girls into different rooms. https://harrowonline.org/2020/06/17/...ring-lockdown/
Old 07-17-2020, 08:47 AM   #40

People before animals. Tired of animals being "equal" to kids or allergic adults.
SNHIPP is offline   Reply With Quote