Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2020, 12:15 PM   #41

I am allergic to pet dander but I love animals. My mom tried to put her foot down and be animal free. Thank goodness my dad was there. I had both dogs and cats growing up. They were not allowed inside but on occassion when mom was at work I was known to smuggle a pet or 2 inside. Fast forward to adulthood my home has never been without a cat or dog and they have all been inside pets. There are allergy meds that can let you live happily with the furry friends. It doesn't have to be animals before people or people before animals.
momraising5boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 12:12 PM   #42

Ask yourself this question. (if you even have to think about it, then I believe there's something wrong):

If you had to make the choice of saving the life of either one of your pets or a stranger's baby, what would you choose?
SNHIPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 12:20 PM   #43
Jeffmacc

We've had many foundling kitties over the years, (some actually have found us), and I'd recommend three things: 1. try either some allergy meds,or other fixes for you. 2. Train Scout to use ONLY a scratch post/pad and take walks with a harness, and, 3. Take Scout traveling with you! Unless a young kitten gets used to those, unlike dogs, a mature cat is very hard to train and DOES
NOT travel well. To keep you all happy, learn to travel with Scout. Cat sitters can charge a lot, increasing travel costs! My Best Girl won't travel at all even with professional cat sitters.
Jeffmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 03:42 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNHIPP View Post
Ask yourself this question. (if you even have to think about it, then I believe there's something wrong):

If you had to make the choice of saving the life of either one of your pets or a stranger's baby, what would you choose?
You know as a mother who knows what the loss of a child is having my sweet 26 year olds life cut short in the line of duty there is only 1 answer to your question. I have a 12 year old Pitt/ mix that has been by my side and knew when I was having one of my bad moments. He was just diagnosed with cancer. They operated but too big a tumor and too many blood vessels involved. I will be devastated when he moves on but nothing compared to what I have lived with the last 11 years. I have many friends who wanted children but were never able to that have fur babies and they too would be devastated but would not hesitate to save the baby. Animal lovers love their pets but not to the exclusion of people.
momraising5boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:19 AM   #45

Sometimes I wish I were allergic to something...
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote