Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Jack the unit up as far as possible, perhaps even using extensions.
At one CG we were at, there was one guy that used railroad ties under his trailer to make sure it stayed above the water when it flooded.

Don't know where he got them or how much he spent on them, but he never had to worry about flooding. Then he built his deck to match the raised height of the trailer.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:50 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicemerrill View Post
So sorry this happened to you. We have the Cedar Creek 36CK and love it also. It looks just like our fiver. Please keep us informed how the insurance was able to help and about your new trailer. Does the campground have any insurance that will also help? Maybe the cost of removing your trailer?
My insurance is paying for removing the camper.

Do you have the king or queen bed in your camper?
Old 02-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #43

Decisions

Have to make a couple of decisions on the replacement camper.
King bed or queen?
Recliners or theater seating?
What do you guys/gals think?
Old 02-23-2018, 12:12 PM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
King bed or queen?
I have a different trailer but in mine the difference in a king vs. a queen was whether or not there was shelving on the sides of the bed.

Personally, I like having that little shelf. It's a nice place to store water, phone, glasses, a small flashlight, a small fan, etc... And the bed is still plenty big enough for my wife, one of our dogs and me.

It also gives a few extra inches of walking around space. Especially between the closet and the bed.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:45 PM   #45

Flood

Quote:
King bed or queen?
We have a King bed but really we don’t need it this big. My husband and I don’t move once we are asleep
Also if I were to replace my recliners I would get “Thomas Payne collection” reclines the have a cup holder with lights, massage, heat, and motorized foot rest. We are praying for you that this experience works out for you without any hiccups so you back enjoying life to the full. Keep us in touch how you’re doing.
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #46

Night stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I have a different trailer but in mine the difference in a king vs. a queen was whether or not there was shelving on the sides of the bed.

Personally, I like having that little shelf. It's a nice place to store water, phone, glasses, a small flashlight, a small fan, etc... And the bed is still plenty big enough for my wife, one of our dogs and me.

It also gives a few extra inches of walking around space. Especially between the closet and the bed.
That’s one of my favorite things about my bedroom that I love. My side of the bed has a nightstand with a cabinet. My husband side has a shelf and he uses top of the valance on window also for other small things. Plus I’m short so I don’t have trouble making the bed because I can reach the head of the bed. Small things but makes life so much easier.
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #47

If I could somehow get two king beds, I'd do that. Can't have enough bed. I sort 'fill one up', ya know.

And I didn't care for the theater seats, but I also came to hate that particular recliner. Wife, however, loves it. So she kept hers and I took mine out and replaced with an old ratty but very comfortable recliner from the house. She snorts at it, I love it. We got a table to go between from Lambrights.

As to the flood.......you're taking it well.

Not sure which is worse. Friend of mine lost his to fire night before last.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #48

Flood Plains

Our Seasonal site is in a campground which has an area prone to flooding each year. Because it is riverside, that is the premium part of the park. The units on that area are moved by the park owner to higher ground at season end and put back after Spring melt. (Those who have the tow vehicle and alternate storage can move their own, of course). It's a little inconvenient for the affected owners, but it saves the hassle of replacing a trailer, especially if your insurance coverage is doubtful. We were in the flood area for some years, but were lucky enough to get one of the only 3 sites which are on high ground and still have a river view. No hassle each Fall!!
The park had a flood last year well after the spring runoff, after everyone had moved back. I believe it was caused by the failure of a dam or levee somewhere in the watershed during an heavy rain period- completely unpredictable, of course, and terribly unfortunate. Some units were totalled, I believe.
Anyhoo, for my fellow Canadians, I have found a company which will insure against flooding, with some reasonable conditions- the name is Wayfarer.
Check them out.
Attached photos of our campground under flood and not.

Attached Images

amblt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Not necessarily - most leave slides out - stuff all over - no one wants that responsibility especially a fifth wheel

Our seasonal site has flooded a few times - the worst one had water in the upper deck of fifth wheels at one end of our campground ...we never had any rv damage just lots of mud to clean up and we had to rescue one deck 6x20 that floated about 5 sites down from us - out in the river around our firepit with the porch furniture still on it - our other deck floated approx 8 ft towards the road which we had to use a come-along to put it back in place - the campground had approx 20 rigs totaled in that one

This is a typical weekend view for us and what keeps us going back - this is normal level and worst flood was 3.5 feet above the top of the river bank

Attachment 163087
Too many people in that little creek in one area.
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #50

Having lost everything in a flood.... We were given 15 minutes ... And then everything was gone...A camp attendant may not have time
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:20 AM   #51
MCTroy

Grumpyoldman, curious on your insurance coverage. Our carrier is Allstate and our agent pointed out the TT is not covered for flood damage. I am thinking it might be time yo change insurance providers. Sorry to hear about your trailer. Floods are not fun. Been through a couple. Be careful with anything you take our if your trailer. Even after washing that old river water will leave stains on clothes and unbelievable mold!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:32 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
Grumpyoldman, curious on your insurance coverage. Our carrier is Allstate and our agent pointed out the TT is not covered for flood damage. I am thinking it might be time yo change insurance providers. Sorry to hear about your trailer. Floods are not fun. Been through a couple. Be careful with anything you take our if your trailer. Even after washing that old river water will leave stains on clothes and unbelievable mold!
I have Foremost Insurance. They are going to cover it for the flood. I didn't see it specifically spelled out about flood insurance but there were no questions from them when I sent them the picture.
Still waiting for the water level to go down to see if I can salvage anything. My wife is already filling up the Amazon shopping cart with replacement items.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:42 AM   #53

Save $$ for the TT upgrade. Haha
Old 02-24-2018, 08:44 AM   #54

Oh. One more thing. I’ve been on here for about a month and understand all the terms except one. DW... I know it’s your wife but what does it stand for? Dead weight?
Old 02-24-2018, 08:50 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mch5jdm View Post
Oh. One more thing. I’ve been on here for about a month and understand all the terms except one. DW... I know it’s your wife but what does it stand for? Dead weight?
Dear,or Dumb, or Damn depending on your feelings.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #56

Quote:
Riverfront Campground in Niles.

We're camped there a few times. Had friends that had a seasonal there, but have now moved out of state. Were you along the river or closer to the lake.

tigger68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #57

Quote:
You win today's internet!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:02 AM   #58

Quote:
Now that's a good one!!

(But I WON'T be showing it to DW!)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:09 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger68 View Post
We're camped there a few times. Had friends that had a seasonal there, but have now moved out of state. Were you along the river or closer to the lake.
I was along the river, about 50' from the edge.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:31 AM   #60

New pics

Drove to the campground yesterday to see if I could get some better pictures of my camper/boat. Roads are still flooded, couldn't get very close.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	22418-1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	163348   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3287.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	589.9 KB
ID:	163349   Click image for larger version

Name:	22418-5.jpg
Views:	113