Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2018, 08:25 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
They give military discounts on the resorts, you can but discounted tickets at a base or Shades of Green resort. The discounts for the resorts are worth more depending on the resort you stay at
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
Bill and Gail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Not directly form Disney they do not give discount. Later RJD
There is a military phone number on their website to call, they will book you a resort (but not Ft Wilderness) with a military discount (you provide proof when you check in). They sell tickets, with a military discount. I've done this numerous times. You just have to be flexible with the resort you want. You must book on the phone to get this.
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:07 PM   #63
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
They give military discounts on the resorts, you can but discounted tickets at a base or Shades of Green resort. The discounts for the resorts are worth more depending on the resort you stay at
Making my second trip in 18 months, and the only reason I can is the military discount. And since DH is the veteran and doesn't go, they are generous and let me go without him. Could not afford disney elsewise. Not taking the camper this time, and no, they don't discount the fort but they do DEEP discounts on other properties.
countrywife45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:58 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Gail View Post
There is a military phone number on their website to call, they will book you a resort (but not Ft Wilderness) with a military discount (you provide proof when you check in). They sell tickets, with a military discount. I've done this numerous times. You just have to be flexible with the resort you want. You must book on the phone to get this.


We used a agent to book for us, I just had to show my military ID card on checking in. I brought the tickets at the closest base. You can buy six discounted tickets every 12 months.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 291
Good info here. Just made reservations for early March 2019 at the Fort on a premium site. Haven't been since 2005 and we're still in the system!

C'mon March!
2rad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,464
This day is going to go by so SLOOOW! Hard to concentrate on work when we check in tomorrow. We are super excited. I can't wait to smoke a Turkey. I hope I don't offend all the free roamers.🤣
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:28 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
Rookiewood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 214
Going there next monday for a whole week !!!!!!
Love Fort Wilderness !!!
__________________
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z92
2018 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8311WS
Rookiewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:43 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiewood View Post
Going there next monday for a whole week !!!!!!
Love Fort Wilderness !!!
Awesome. We will be there from Friday till next Sunday! Cant wait!
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
We get there the 25, was hoping for a few more days but it looks like six days. I donít think Iíll use a agent again for the Fort
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:48 PM   #70
Enjoying Life
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
We get there the 25, was hoping for a few more days but it looks like six days. I donít think Iíll use a agent again for the Fort

Don't give up yet. If you can be flexible, keep trying. Call Disney direct or go online and work on 1 day at a time. If you get them then have the cast member when you check in link them and your set.
Also, always ask when you arrive if there is any last minute openings. We have been lucky in adding on the spot. We have also been lucky to fill in gaps when we did the one day at a time thing. We got a Monday and a Wednesday and when we got there were able to fill the Tuesday. We also have been able to reserve different types of spots and then convert them all to one type.
__________________
2022 Rockwood 2109S
Previous: Rockwood 2608WS, 2608BSD

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:04 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
howellma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
This day is going to go by so SLOOOW! Hard to concentrate on work when we check in tomorrow. We are super excited. I can't wait to smoke a Turkey. I hope I don't offend all the free roamers.🤣
Dont think they will like it!! Click image for larger version

Name:	20180210_095547.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	191517
howellma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by howellma View Post
Dont think they will like it!! Attachment 191517
I have their cousin in my freezer . Mmmmm good Turkey.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:55 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
Don't give up yet. If you can be flexible, keep trying. Call Disney direct or go online and work on 1 day at a time. If you get them then have the cast member when you check in link them and your set.

Also, always ask when you arrive if there is any last minute openings. We have been lucky in adding on the spot. We have also been lucky to fill in gaps when we did the one day at a time thing. We got a Monday and a Wednesday and when we got there were able to fill the Tuesday. We also have been able to reserve different types of spots and then convert them all to one type.


I had a extra day but Disney found out I had a agent and I couldnít change the reservation. Iíll try when I check in, I would like to get one more day. Anyway allís good, I like taking a trip
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:01 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
I have their cousin in my freezer . Mmmmm good Turkey.


I really donít think wild turkeys and the kind you have in the freezer are any kin. The turkey thatís in your freezer is so dumb that if he is outside and it starts to rain they will look up with there mouth open and drown. They have even forgot how to make little turkeys
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:44 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,464
Almost done loading up. Head out tomorrow afternoon.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181115_214137.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	191529Click image for larger version

Name:	20181115_214024.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	191530
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #76
2007 WildCat 32QBBS
 
18CrewDually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
Almost done loading up. Head out tomorrow afternoon.Attachment 191529Attachment 191530
Seeing the palms in your pic I had to see where you're coming from. We just got home Sunday after a week on the 1400 loop. While down there we ran to Sarasota. I'm sure you're familiar with I4. What a cluster of traffic! An hour & 45 min trip turns into 3 hours quick. Be ready for it. Safe travels.

Like Doug said above, outside of the loop is best since it gives more privacy because it puts the curbside away from the road. We didn't have it that way this time and it really bothered both of us.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181105_083641.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	191533
__________________
*Current: 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.0 diesel 4x4*
*Retired: 1987 F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.9 turbo diesel
2007 Forest River WildCat 32QBBS
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,464
So true I4 is never fun. It may sound crazy but I think it is worse at night. Yes we are a big fan of outside of the loops we love 800 and 900 that back the dog walk . We have a what could only hope for a 2 hour ride tomorrow. The dw isn't happy about driving the uhaul with the golf cart and a custom grill I made that slides in the hitch but it is what it is.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:20 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
First time going to the Fort, just follow my Garmin.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,464
Setting up I will post more picks tomorrow when done. We are at site 845 and it is great!Click image for larger version

Name:	1542418894692.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	191599
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #80
Fully COVID-19 vaccinated
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: About 30 miles west of Beantown.
Posts: 3,954
148 days until we check in.
__________________

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.