Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2020, 06:12 AM   #1

Do not come to OCMD

I am a permanent resident of Ocean City Maryland and I am advising you to stay home or at least DO NOT come to OCMD. Our Mayor has declared at state of emergency; all Boardwalk is closed, all the beaches are closed and if you want to eat or drink out, forget about it.

Any other time we welcome you with open arms. But for now, stay at home, stay safe. If you feel you must go some place for a quick get a way, not not come here. Thank you and again, stay safe.
TommyI1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:25 AM   #2

You pretty much described everywhere.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyI1 View Post
I am a permanent resident of Ocean City Maryland and I am advising you to stay home or at least DO NOT come to OCMD. Our Mayor has declared at state of emergency; all Boardwalk is closed, all the beaches are closed and if you want to eat or drink out, forget about it.

Any other time we welcome you with open arms. But for now, stay at home, stay safe. If you feel you must go some place for a quick get a way, not not come here. Thank you and again, stay safe.

I think this is atleast 90% of the USA. I know that here in Virginia, everything is closed down new orders as of yesterday they extended the stay at home until June 10th. In NC there not even letting you in, such as the outer banks. People need to stay home, who knows how long this will last, but I think CGs in Virginia will not open this year at all. Private CGs might be open but all pools are closed if they have one. I came back from Florida 12 days ago, before these stricter travel bans went into effect these last couple of days. I’m hoping that FROG BoB , makes the correct decision to stop all rally’s until atleast end of July and then revaluate the Spread of the Coronavirus. Let’s all stay safe. You can’t travel state to state anyway. Atleast not from Maryland, Washington, Virginia and NC.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:15 AM   #4

Do not come to OCMD

Stay home friends. The life you save may be your own.

Friends just brought their new Class-C home on Saturday and camped in their driveway. This will be the new normal for awhile.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I think this is atleast 90% of the USA. I know that here in Virginia, everything is closed down new orders as of yesterday they extended the stay at home until June 10th. In NC there not even letting you in, such as the outer banks. People need to stay home, who knows how long this will last, but I think CGs in Virginia will not open this year at all. Private CGs might be open but all pools are closed if they have one. I came back from Florida 12 days ago, before these stricter travel bans went into effect these last couple of days. I’m hoping that FROG BoB , makes the correct decision to stop all rally’s until atleast end of July and then revaluate the Spread of the Coronavirus. Let’s all stay safe. You can’t travel state to state anyway. Atleast not from Maryland, Washington, Virginia and NC.
Considering that the virus, to the best of our knowledge, originated in single country and spread around the world in just a few months, these travel restrictions are wise and perhaps a little late.

If everyone avoids contact with others it's highly likely that the virus will burn out as it won't have fresh hosts to infect. Logically any "quarantine" will have to last long enough for those who are freshly exposed to go through the full cycle of the illness and no new cases are discovered.

Will that take a couple of weeks or a couple of months? Real answer is that it will take as long as it takes. We all need to resign ourselves to having our lives disrupted for an unknown amount of time.

One thing certain, when we come out of this epidemic our lives will definitely be changed.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:01 PM   #6

I must be responsible

I bought a boat winter, a year ago. After waiting all winter, with the boat in storage, summer came and for the first couple weeks it rained, almost very day. I bought my Class C in the middle of this winter. Bought all the accessories, and planned out my first trip to Florida. Then the COVID-19 started to hit the news and by the time we where ready to pull out, the s#$t hit the fan and we had to cancel the trip. Now the MH is setting in front of my house ready to go back in storage.

I’m beginning to believe, if I had not bought the MH everybody would be traveling now. I am so sorry. 😀😀😀🇺🇸
TommyI1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:07 PM   #7

Quote:
I bought a boat winter, a year ago. After waiting all winter, with the boat in storage, summer came and for the first couple weeks it rained, almost very day. I bought my Class C in the middle of this winter. Bought all the accessories, and planned out my first trip to Florida. Then the COVID-19 started to hit the news and by the time we where ready to pull out, the s#$t hit the fan and we had to cancel the trip. Now the MH is setting in front of my house ready to go back in storage.

I’m beginning to believe, if I had not bought the MH everybody would be traveling now. I am so sorry. 😀😀😀🇺🇸
Perhaps you shouldn't buy a new TV or Computer just now.

Old 03-31-2020, 12:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
You can’t travel state to state anyway. Atleast not from Maryland, Washington, Virginia and NC.
Yes, you can.

Bruce
Old 03-31-2020, 12:20 PM   #9
Site Team

As a reminder, the site team is copying over the "read me" sticky we have at the top of the new COVID-19 subsection...as many members seem to be ignoring. You probably do NOT need to post in every thread here, You probably do NOT need to post multiple times in any thread here. You do need to remember the purpose of these forums and be helpful, nice and a constructive part of the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Site Team

P.S. Now go wash your hands!

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:47 PM   #10

Some counties locked down

[QUOTE=nomad297;2297584]Yes, you can.

There are a couple of NC counties that have closed borders--literally barricaded every road in or out except for 1 or 2 and put law enforcement at those, 24/7. They are Dare County (mostly Outer Banks reachable only by ferry) and Graham County. Interestingly, Graham has chosen to leave Tail of the Dragon open. You can ride, but you can't stop to eat.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:53 PM   #11

[QUOTE=Larry-NC;2297663]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Yes, you can.

There are a couple of NC counties that have closed borders--literally barricaded every road in or out except for 1 or 2 and put law enforcement at those, 24/7. They are Dare County (mostly Outer Banks reachable only by ferry) and Graham County. Interestingly, Graham has chosen to leave Tail of the Dragon open. You can ride, but you can't stop to eat.
Are they allowing residents of those counties passage? Or are they just trying to keep everybody other than essential personnel and services out?

Bruce
Old 03-31-2020, 02:21 PM   #12

LEOs

Quote:

Are they allowing residents of those counties passage? Or are they just trying to keep everybody other than essential personnel and services out?

Bruce
That's why they have LEOs at the two remaining open roads. They are allowing residents and essential traffic only.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
That's why they have LEOs at the two remaining open roads. They are allowing residents and essential traffic only.
Are they allowing the residents passage both ways, though?

Bruce
Old 03-31-2020, 02:38 PM   #14

Yes

Quote:

Bruce
Yes
Old 03-31-2020, 03:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Perhaps you shouldn't buy a new TV or Computer just now.
And motorcycles and snowmobiles
Old 03-31-2020, 03:35 PM   #16

Heading though Alabama today there was one town with roads closed to all but local traffic . really sad all these orders are just now starting . I've be social distancing and staying isolated going on 3 weeks . what the hell are these towns waiting for and why does anyone with a brain not see whats going on and isolate voluntary . The local govs have to come out and tell people . sheep all sheep By the way travel is open across the country . All places i had to stop for gas was using precautions . i just fill up head in TT unfill and move on down the road . Checked in at a rv park in Miss no contact check in info was hanging on wall with site number .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:56 PM   #17

Quote:

It's not what you bought or when you bought, that's just the way it is. Last summer, every time we thought we would get the boat out, the water was too high. At times, the boat ramp parking lots were flooded. For the couple times we did get out, fishing was good. We thought fall would be better. Well, when we went south, the water was still up in the trees. Got to Florida and it's catch and release for the year due to previous red tide. We are meat fishermen.This spring, flood warnings up for next couple of weeks on the Mississippi River.

We have a mobile home in Florida and we went north earlier than usual. I spoke to people in the park today and it is closed to visitors and non-essential people. Property owners who want to come into the park from another area will be required to self-quarantine for two weeks. The pool is closed and all activities are cancelled. There is still a run on groceries in the area. Love that park and the neighbors, but happy to be able to go outside up north and not feel bottled.

Our Canadian neighbors are in a quandary as to how to get back to Canada. If they fly, it is through NY. If they drive, they have to go through NY. And, the car registered in Florida presents another dilemma coming through Canadian customs. The Florida auto insurer has made special arrangements to cover the car in Canada. But their US health coverage is another animal if they remain in the US until this pandemic passes.

Frustrated as we may all be, better days are ahead. The sun is out today for the first time since we are back in Wisconsin. That's a plus. We were out in the garden putting up a new fence. That's a plus. Panting hard from soft living for awhile is a plus. Looking ahead to tomorrow is a plus. So far, the county we are in has zero Covid 19 cases.

We all need to remain positive in this most negative of time. In an earlier post, I posted pictures of wildlife we have seen in our yard over the past couple of years. It may not have had an impact on many people on this forum, but it was very therapeutic to me just to go back to the good times and share it.

P.S. DW looked out the back window and said we had "intruders". Two deer were wondering what happened to the garden fence. They have no clue, nor care, about the pandemic. They will likely drop their fawns in our yard in the very near future as they have done for years. Life goes on-we have to go on with it.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:03 PM   #18

Quote:

Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Yes
Not sure that makes a lot of sense. Allowing residents to go out then possibly return with the very "bug" they're trying to keep out. Kind of defies logic.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:57 AM   #19
Winn

Angry Do not come to OCMD

Same here in Myrtle Beach, SC. Stay where you are and be safe as you can!!!
winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:41 AM   #20

Quote:

FINALLY, someone willing to take the blame!!!!
joeobx is offline   Reply With Quote