Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2019, 12:32 PM   #1

Do you all cover the vents when washing your RV's?

Have noticed now after owning this rv a couple years that the walls on both sides of fridge have started to warp, looks like from moisture. I always make sure I don't spray water directly into the vents and have l looked in there by removing covers but all looks o there.
Thanks
SLSTRES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:29 PM   #2

I've never covered the vents when washing my pop-ups or A-frames (fridge, heater, water heater vents are all on the side). I've never worried about a little water getting into the rear of the appliance areas. On the 2019 A-frame, I noticed the Dometic installation instructions for the fridge called for a vent in the floor in addition to the side vents. I found the floor vent was there, but was 95% covered and blocked by Pex plumbing lines.

Invariably, I've spilled water inside from plumbing leaks, installing/replacing the water filter, and beverage spills inside and outside the fridge. None of these caused any damage that I saw.

Not much help, I know.
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, vent