Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2019, 07:01 PM   #81

Only fly if it is an emergency, likewise for hotel - only if there is no other option.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:18 PM   #82

I have three dogs but it’s a loong winter up here and we always fly somewhere hot for a week or two. Personally I would be to worried to rent our rig just too many things could go wrong.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Only fly if it is an emergency, likewise for hotel - only if there is no other option.
I guess going to Europe, Hawaii or Australia is out? LOL

If I didn't fly I would have missed out on a lot of experiences, Malaysia, Japan, Italy, Germany...just to name a few.

Going to Greece next year. Going to be sailing around the islands and sleeping in a bed that someone else slept in once or twice or a hundred times....the horror!

I actually have a solution for the bed phobia crowd...have a separate mattress for the renters! I have separate items in my vacation rental that are locked away that the renters can't use.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #84

I rented thru RVShare twice. First rental came back with a broken cabinet door. 2 nd one came back with more than 5k in interior/exterior damage. I was only able to recover about half of that with the damage deposit and the little bit that their insurance company would pay. I don’t recommend this to anyone!! In fact I’ve written so many bad reviews of RVShare, that they blocked me from their Facebook page!![emoji23]
VIPrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:14 PM   #85

Renting RV

I have a 28' Gray wolf and have paid my RV off in 2 years. The thing about it is, I and only I, deliver and set it up 30 miles from where home is.And I'm a Girl!!
I do not rent to car races ( there are 2 within 100 miles from me)I would not let anyone drive off with it.
So if you are willing to do the delivery and set up, which is time consuming and you have to be flexible for the timing. But you do charge for it.
I live in the Blue Ridge Mts. so I live in a destination spot, and I do not deliver more then 30 miles. If you don't live in a destination spot then your not going to make much, if you don't want them driving off with it.
Another plus is that the tax right off is increditable, from the depreciation.

How I originally got into this was, I was looking for an Rv to trade time in an RV where I wanted to go in Upstate NY for time in mine,that way each of us know how to use an RV and respect it, but don't have the expense of towing it and the ware and tear and the stress of driving it , we can just trade like house swapping.(I here by patient this idea)
Big Gray Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote