Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2021, 01:43 PM   #1

Dollies for RV's

Hello all. I have a dilemma. We are downgrading from a Class c to potentially a mini litev2109s or the micro lite 21FBRS. My dilemma is thatsvits really tight to back it in where I usually park my c class. I would have to literally move trailer 90 degrees to be able to put it where I want. With my truck I'm adding 19 and don't think I can.

So Ibwas wondering if anyone has had this issue and by chance used a Dolly . Motorized pt just with wheels. And or tje Trailer Valet which comes with a unit you put on side of hitch area or with a hitch ball directly to hitch.

Any ideas out there what I can do.

My only other option is put on first spot but it will be blocking tje whole house. I attached a sky view of how ot looks with c class parked in there. I want to put travel trailer in that same spot. The rv has a 435 tongue weight and dry weight of 4300 pounds
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210721-143946_Maps.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	259528  
jimenez61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:38 AM   #2
Can you run 3800 fps?

My neighbor uses one of those battery operated dollies to move his big 5'er around in his driveway. He doesn't like to back in from the road. I've watched him and it moves the trailer around pretty easy. He said it cost him over 2 grand. It's worth it to him. Maybe to you, too.

Camping together for 48 years!
SniperDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:56 AM   #3
Site Team

I have a Powermover. It allows me to put my TT next to my garage to within 2". I have the same issue with TV/TT combo being too ling for the spot. They work very well unless you have a decent grade or loose gravel or sand. Packed gravel is fine.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:21 AM   #4
Trailer Park Supervisor

They make wheel dollies for other vehicles to do tight quarters positioning, I don't see why you couldn't use them as long as within weight limits. Here's a 4 pack for 141 bucks. May need to measure to make sure they fit under each wheel end to end. And I wouldn't leave them on asphalt, maybe leave indentations. https://www.zoro.com/auto-dolly-car-...02/i/G4107792/
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
They make wheel dollies for other vehicles to do tight quarters positioning, I don't see why you couldn't use them as long as within weight limits. Here's a 4 pack for 141 bucks. May need to measure to make sure they fit under each wheel end to end. And I wouldn't leave them on asphalt, maybe leave indentations. https://www.zoro.com/auto-dolly-car-...02/i/G4107792/
Concept of these dollies is great but they are really designed to be used on level, smooth finished concrete. More for use in shops or car shows.

Also, takes several people to move and control.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:36 PM   #6

I move my GeoPro 20BHS around with a hand dolly I bought on Amazon for around $200. I had to replace the crappy solid wheels with pneumatic ones because our parking lot is fairly old and uneven asphalt, but it's generally level and not too difficult to muscle around.
Old 07-24-2021, 05:53 PM   #7

When we were using a Master Tow car dolly, we added a Trailer Valet to it to maneuver it into a tricky area. It was good on firm paving or hard dirt, but poor on wet grass, gravel or sand. Sold it with the Master Tow when we switched to flat towing our Jeep.

CAMPING (n. CAM-ping) - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote