Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2018, 10:38 AM   #41

Make sure the burner tube is not carboned up. My fridge had this. The carbon built up around the inner circumference and then when it got heavy enough and I hit a bump the whole thing slid down the tube and blocked the airway.

Good luck
pkonanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #42
Tony & Monica's Plan B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane_p View Post
Hi All, my water heater no longer runs on propane. It will start up and can see a healthy flame but in less than a minute, it kicks off. Anyone have a suggestion?
Sadly, Dometic uses the deflect method of customer service. They always take more than 24 hours to reply. The reply is always for a different person. And they offer no guidance. I live full time in my RV and do not want to leave it for service. Dometic states that the repair would be covered under warranty but one local dealer refused to do the warranty work for me.

Jane: The second time we used our BRAND NEW camper, 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS, the hot water tank would make a ticking noise when it would try to ignite. It would then make a popping noise and flames would shoot out of it. It did that several times before igniting. When we took it in to the dealer we bought it from, they said it had a bad board and replaced it. Maybe that is the issue? Hope this helps.
TonyMonicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:23 PM   #43

ATTENTION EVERYONE! There is only one good water heater for an RV today....it's a TRUMA. Nothing else will do. The others have too many problems so we just bought a TRUMA and couldn't be happier!
SwigGlamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:18 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathySwigler View Post
ATTENTION EVERYONE! There is only one good water heater for an RV today....it's a TRUMA. Nothing else will do. The others have too many problems so we just bought a TRUMA and couldn't be happier!

Funny . i've had both attwood and surburban H/W/H's the attwood was over 20 years old and never a problem . the surburban is 4yrs old runs none stop and has never given me a problem . any hot water heating device will have some issue or another going down the road . Had a solar hot water heater and the dang sun didn't come out , cold shower lmao
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:35 PM   #45

Mr M, I couldn't agree more that there will always be an issue with SOMETHING in an RV or trailer. Most vendors bid their products to the builders and many times the lowest bidder wins, regardless of the quality of the product. It's a trial and error process for all of us but when you find the customer service sucks in response to a problem, that tells you a lot. I'm so happy for you that you never had to deal with any issues, but I have found Truma to be very responsive to my initial questions and even calling me back to follow up. That surely never happened with Dometic. It was like chasing my tail to get answers from them. Customer Service is very important to me because just like you said, there will ALWAYS be an issue. I just want to be sure someone is there to answer me....TRUMA has proven they have been so far with the best customer service of all the hot water heaters. Dometic was a joke in customer service and I never had CONTINUOUS hot water. Truma gives you constant and endless hot water when we are connected to city water....did you get that with yours?
SwigGlamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:11 PM   #46

sure do . i've dealt with dometic . norcold , lippert, surburban, and have always had good success when dealing with their customer service and tech depts . not all people have the same experiences, and i would bet TRUMA has a few disgruntled customers . attwod has been making h/w/h for many decades , they are definitely not the cheapest nor are they the worst at customer service , just saying there is no one that's the best they all have their flaws !
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, heater, water, water heater