Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #1

Done for the year...

Hi,

We just got back from our last trip of the season. Up here in Mid Michigan we had nice weather (upper 50's) to rain, then snow this morning. It was still a nice way to end the season. We had campfires and basically had the park to ourselves. I winterized at the park and as soon as we got home we emptied it of all our stuff. Tomorrow, we'll take it out to our friend's farm for the winter. I've already told the DW a few of the things I plan to change/upgrade/mod for next year.
gregm59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #2

Its a sad time of year. We have a seasonal so I just winterize it in place also. No taking it home for me... it stays in the woods year round. My 13 year old son and I will go down if there are some nice not too cold days in the winter. We just pack our water and I make sure the propane is full so we can run the heater! Otherwise we might make a few day trips as it only 2 hours away. Planning on the upgrades/changes are a fun way to pass the winter.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #3

Yes it is a sad time of the year. We just have a little more to clean up in the camper then it will be closed up until April, but looking forward to Spring. We are going to have a seasonal site for the Summer. Now that I bought a new tow Vehicle, it looks like it will not be used too much.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
rocks goin' seasonal...good for you. We really love it. I keep tryin' to talk my wife into a teardrop trailer for trips elsewhere. She just can't seem to funtion without that 40 footer.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDJollyMon View Post
rocks goin' seasonal...good for you. We really love it. I keep tryin' to talk my wife into a teardrop trailer for trips elsewhere. She just can't seem to funtion without that 40 footer.
Well, I can understand her point of view going from a 40 foot to a teardrop, it would drive me NUTS. It needs to be a little bigger. When we go camping I rather be out side, but if the weather is bad I need space.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #6

We put ours away a couple of weeks ago....I'll visit through out the winter just to check for problems. We winterized in the driveway and it took all day to get the pink stuff in, clean up inside, 303 the rubber parts, etc. Fortunately it was a nice sunny Saturday. Looking forward to next year and already planning an out of state trip.

Hartwick Pines SP is one of our favorite parks in Mid Michigan but I think they got snow today. In the Detroit area we got a dusting and ice.

Jim & Kathy
Bailey, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
Gracie, a rescued Beagle
2007 Chevy Tahoe
2008 FR Surveyor 233T
JimChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #7

I am trying to talk the wife into some small camper my jeep will tow... she's not buyin the we need a second camper.... the jeep is only rated at 3500 lbs and a teardrop or a popup is all I could reasonably tow with that limit, i suppose. Of course we don't get to camp out enough at our camper in the woods not sure if a pull behind would be worth it.... but i sure would like one.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to SSport
Aww....very depressing. We winterized our seasonal the last weekend of October and I already have a countdown going until the next time we camp in it. 142 DAYS TO GO...WOOT WOOT....lol
SSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:00 PM   #9

we have a tt we keep at the beach and an older small Hybrid TT we keep locally cause it is light and we can tow it with our 4runner. This allows us to go to local places and have some variety. We already had the smaller HTT and didnt plan to spend a lot on a strong TV to tow our larger TT so we chose this alternative, it works for us, just a bit more work to keep both going. Camping is fun though

Enjoy