Originally Posted by Hokiehall
RV antifreeze is not poisonous like automobile antifreeze and won't hurt the dog. It is safe to dump out onto the ground.
I checked into it a little further. I found a Material Data Safety Sheet (MSDS) on the RV ANTIFREEZE. Seems to be low in toxicity in low amounts ingested, but not larger amounts. Must be something in it that they don't want it on the ground, or in sewers. I also found this:
ENVIRONMENTAL AND DISPOSAL INFORMATION:
ACTION TO TAKE FOR SPILLS/LEAKS: Keep out of sewers, storm drains, surface waters
and soil. Cover with absorbent material, soak up and sweep into bag.
DISPOSAL METHOD: DO NOT DUMP INTO STORM SEWERS, ON THE GROUND, OR
INTO ANY BODY OF WATER. FOR DISPOSAL, DISCHARGE INTO SANITARY SEWERS IS ONLY ALLOWABLE WITH THE EXPLICIT PRE-APPROVAL OF THE LOCAL BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT FACILITY. For unused or uncontaminated material, the preferred disposal options are to send to a licensed recycler, reclaimer, or incinerator. The same disposal options are recommended for used or contaminated material, although additional evaluation is required (see, for example, 40 CFR, Part 261, "Identification and Listing of Hazardous Waste"). Any disposal practice must be in compliance with federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
Along with that, I spilled some into my lawn. The grass died...quickly, and I had to dig out the soil to get it to grow there again. Long story short...I love the stuff...but I still think it has it's place...and should be handled with safety in mind.