Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #1

Dump Stations

Hello All,
I was wondering if there was anywhere that displayed which Rest Area's have dump stations. I am in WV but I haven't been able to find anywhere, there are a few rest areas I know have them but none in my area that I can remember. I am going to bristol next week and my wife doesn't want me dumping the RV Anti-Freeze over the hill, something about the dog.
On the hunt for a new travel trailer
wvsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #2

RV antifreeze is not poisonous like automobile antifreeze and won't hurt the dog. It is safe to dump out onto the ground.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #3

For your Info most Flying -J truck stops have dump stations
2002 F-250 Super-duty
Woody 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #4

RV dump stations in WV.

US and Cananda
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #5

Sanidump.com in WV.

Travel Center in WV.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
RV antifreeze is not poisonous like automobile antifreeze and won't hurt the dog. It is safe to dump out onto the ground.
I checked into it a little further. I found a Material Data Safety Sheet (MSDS) on the RV ANTIFREEZE. Seems to be low in toxicity in low amounts ingested, but not larger amounts. Must be something in it that they don't want it on the ground, or in sewers. I also found this:

ENVIRONMENTAL AND DISPOSAL INFORMATION:
ACTION TO TAKE FOR SPILLS/LEAKS: Keep out of sewers, storm drains, surface waters
and soil. Cover with absorbent material, soak up and sweep into bag.
DISPOSAL METHOD: DO NOT DUMP INTO STORM SEWERS, ON THE GROUND, OR
INTO ANY BODY OF WATER. FOR DISPOSAL, DISCHARGE INTO SANITARY SEWERS IS ONLY ALLOWABLE WITH THE EXPLICIT PRE-APPROVAL OF THE LOCAL BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT FACILITY. For unused or uncontaminated material, the preferred disposal options are to send to a licensed recycler, reclaimer, or incinerator. The same disposal options are recommended for used or contaminated material, although additional evaluation is required (see, for example, 40 CFR, Part 261, "Identification and Listing of Hazardous Waste"). Any disposal practice must be in compliance with federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations.

Along with that, I spilled some into my lawn. The grass died...quickly, and I had to dig out the soil to get it to grow there again. Long story short...I love the stuff...but I still think it has it's place...and should be handled with safety in mind.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:32 AM   #7

We use what is called Glycol in our chillers at work, the new formula according to the msds is suppost to be environmently safe, but we can not dump it down the drain. If there is a spill it must be reported asap. This is the time of the year when we take down the chillers and preform our p.m."s. In order to clean the evaporator side of the chiller, we have to remove the glycol and put into drums, then the drums have to be placed on a spill containment system that way if the drums leak it is contained and not running all over the floor. The EPA is very stricked about following the rules. I use RV anti-freeze in my swimming pool, about two gallons in the winter, but when it is time to open the pool, that two gallons becomes mixed with 20,000 gallons of water, at this point there is no more anti-freeze, so when the filter is back washed the first time my grass dose not trun brown, the anti-freeze is deluted.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote