Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
Many people use the hose and dump in tall grass. Also you see a lot of people going over the speed limit. Just because people do it does not make it right. If you were camping beside me and dumped your gray water on the ground you would be reported to the owner of the CG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabby View Post
.....And I bet you tatle tailed at school alot also!!
Carlos Marcello (the New Orleans Boss) would have never approved of telling on anybody - not under oath – not ever.
Attached Images

campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #42

To quote Forest Gump "Mama said, stupid is as stupid does."
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #43

Being the law abiding citizen that I am, I always adhere to the laws, the rules, and the customs. I have never dumped grey water illegally.

Because “Carlos Marcello (the New Orleans Boss) would have never approved of telling on anybody - not under oath – not ever” is not to suggest that he would have approved of dumping grey water. He had good reason to object to illegal grey water dumping as he was a large real estate owner with thousands of acres and with a large amount of property running deep into the bayous. He would have manned up on the spot stopping them immediately.

While all the above is true, I was trying to make a point. We, good hard working taxpayers, quite often do all the right things and believe in a lot of the same things. The problem is good people do not step out with a public declaration demanding the right thing be done. Why? Probably fear. Criminals have no fear.

I absolutely detest the use of foul language in the presence of my wife. On more than 1 occasion, I have stopped those using foul language by stating “You see that lady over there….” You might be surprised that once I took a stance, other men backed me up by standing up and saying, “Yes, we are tired of it too.” If you do this and the other men don’t back you, you’re in the wrong place.

Here is the Godfather's picture again. Standing less than 5 feet tall, known as "The Little Man" and died at 83 years old of natural causes.
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #44

Let your grey water run from yours into my campsite and see what happens.
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERBOB View Post
Let your grey water run from yours into my campsite and see what happens.
You know I haven't read anywhere in this thread where someone said that they let there grey water run over into someone elses campsite.

It's a shame these type thread always seem to end in name calling and/or threats of violence.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #46

Water flows. Just because you dump it in the tall grass does not mean it will stay in the tall grass.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #47

We all have outside showers. When tent camping, you cook outside and do the dishes outside. I clean my fish outside. I've even taken a leak in the woods. Geez, now I know this is all wrong. I do recycle though.
Steve7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

And for those who missed the first time we beat this horse ...

Why people do this

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #49

Rules are for other people.

Nothing wrong with me dumping grey water.......letting my dog run around......dog barking in my RV while I'm gone...........only going past quite hours by an hour..........tossing cigarette butts on the ground.........parking in no parking areas..........

Rules are for others right? Not me......
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post

Why people do this
That's some good reading right there
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #51

Quote:

Why people do this
That's got to be some kind of abuse.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #52

Illegal Dumping is Mostly a Self-Appointed Welfare Program

While I am surprised they have this much illegal dumping of grey water, I can only sum the majority of it to a self-appointed welfare program. Sure we know there is some illegal dumping just as we know there is stealing simply because of the nature of people. Stealing is the illegal transfer of wealth.

By comparison, if one chooses to dump grey water illegally, they have to believe they are gaining something just as the thief believes he is gaining something by stealing. The only logical explanation is they are not willing to exert energy (work) and time and expenditure necessary to comply with local, state, or federal statue depending on the locality. In other words, they are lazy and unwilling to spend their resources. Their laziness and unwillingness to spend resources result in a self-appointed welfare program whereas they believe they are entitled just as able body people feed off the welfare state in this nation. Think I am kidding? If so, ask yourself, “If all that somebody had to do to get their grey water dumped in accordance with regulatory guidelines was to notify somebody else to come do it for free, would illegal dumping decrease?” Sure it would decrease, but not 100% all the time, because there are those who are too lazy to even notify someone to do it for them and there are those who are more sinister in that they have a problem with authority and obeying rules, regulations, and laws.

As to the thief, stealing is self-appointed share the wealth; to the illegal dumper, forbidden dumping is self-appointed welfare. I guess the only fruition of both criminal acts is they do create employment which comes at a cost for all.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #53

95% of my camping is boondocking. I don't make a steady practice of it, but if I have to I drain my gray water on the ground. I am usally 40 to 50 miles from the nearest town. In a developed campground, I wouldn't.
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #54

I don't think there is a problem dumping gray water IF it's not at a campsite where the next occupant is moving in a couple of hours after the dumper leaves. I sure wouldn't want to slog around in someone else's dirty water trying to hook up our rig. Dump all you want in your driveway!

If the gray water is being dispersed over a large area (like irrigating a garden), it doesn't have the same impact as dumping 30 gallons of soapy water in one place. Dumping a dish pan of water or taking an outdoor shower isn't the same as emptying a tank.

Threads like this come up on all forums at seemingly regular intervals which is good, IMO. There are lots of newbies reading these forums that don't have dumping gray water on their radar screen at all. Newbies aren't going to search for an old thread or plow through a bizillion stickies to look for something they don't know they need to look for.

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #55

in a case such as this

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
95% of my camping is boondocking. I don't make a steady practice of it, but if I have to I drain my gray water on the ground. I am usally 40 to 50 miles from the nearest town. In a developed campground, I wouldn't.
in a case such as yours
I say dump on
it is not hurting anyTHING

Mountainman
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #56

my only question is; why was this subject brought up again?
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #57

Quote:

Why people do this
Hey Triguy - check out my post (#15) on page 2 of this thread ! Let's start a pool and guess how many pages this will hit

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Al View Post
Hey Triguy - check out my post (#15) on page 2 of this thread ! Let's start a pool and guess how many pages this will hit

...VTX-Al
You called it, Al. I don't think we'll hit 25 pages again, though. At least I hope not. People will get to more important things. Its like we're all going a little stir-crazy waiting for spring to arrive.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #59
camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
my only question is; why was this subject brought up again?
bored moderator

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
Threads like this come up on all forums at seemingly regular intervals which is good, IMO. There are lots of newbies reading these forums that don't have dumping gray water on their radar screen at all. Newbies aren't going to search for an old thread or plow through a bizillion stickies to look for something they don't know they need to look for.
good reason to bring it up again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
Newbies aren't going to search for an old thread or plow through a bizillion stickies to look for something they don't know they need to look for.
why not beat the horse

no reason to wait for spring
come on out this way for a while

bottom line on dumping grey
depends on where you are
and what the laws or rules are
on my acre of mountain land here
a whole lot of grey water can be dumped
with no problems seen or smelled
when my trailer was not close to my RV drain
yes
I have dumped that THING on the ground