Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Dump away; I use the trap vent in my yard any time I need to dump at home.

I slide the concrete tank cover open a dump into the tank with my mascarater pump . I would think pumping it into the vent pipe would eventually plug drain holes in the drain tile
modaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:36 PM   #42
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaholic View Post
I slide the concrete tank cover open a dump into the tank with my mascarater pump . I would think pumping it into the vent pipe would eventually plug drain holes in the drain tile
We have city sewer.
No trouble with the city or drain field; after all it's my sewage.
Our sewage is flat rate and not based on water usage.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
It can be done but you might want to check with your public utility as in some areas this is not allowed as the sewage fee is based on water usage (water meter).
If anyone said I was dumping without paying, my response would be that I paid for the water that went into my RV. Actually, I paid for more water than I dumped into the sewer because I sanitized and flushed the fresh water tank and dumped that water on my grass.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:35 AM   #44

That pipe may have a sewer p trap built in or a ball valve. Try water down it first. They do that so you don’t get nasty smells coming out or gas right beside your house. There is normally another vent somewhere usually higher than the house like your toilet stack pipe that lets out smell and to keep gas from building up.
AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:37 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
If anyone said I was dumping without paying, my response would be that I paid for the water that went into my RV. Actually, I paid for more water than I dumped into the sewer because I sanitized and flushed the fresh water tank and dumped that water on my grass.
Technically your only putting what would have gone down there had you stayed home. Now if you started charging 10bucks a person to dump their tanks then I could see somebody getting all backed up about it!
AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #46

Just do it

I always operate on it’s easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:57 PM   #47

Might want to make sure it’s not a clean out that points towards your house and not away.
Biker-camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:36 PM   #48

Our travel trailer is on our lower drive and plugged into a dedicated 30 amp box. It is set up for emergency use at the house. We have a macerator that can be used to dump into our septic tank. There is a lid for cleanout and I have added a threaded pvc to the top of it.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1568680425
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0030.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	569.9 KB
ID:	215163  
EYEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:42 PM   #49

I try NOT to do more than dump our tanks on the way out of a campground. That is why we had a cleanout installed in our front yard next to the driveway just for this purpose. We back the trailer up to it, connect the black water flush-specific hose to the house hose bib, connect one section of sewer hose and FLUSH the system good. Yes, we are on city sewer. I am billed for water & sewer so I might as well use it to keep our tanks flushed and ready to go again!
1999 Chevy Silverado 2500
campkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:52 PM   #50

Hey, you pay your city sewer fees and it's your personal contribution; shouldn't be a problem...But you know how municipalities want to 'drain' us...
RookieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walholler View Post
I am sure happy that I am just a plain old country boy that does not live in the city with all of those rules. I have what is known as a mechanic sewer system that treats the sewage from our home and pumps clear water into the roadside ditch. I would not recommend drinking it, but it does not have a smell to it. Now if I decide to empty my black holding tank into my system, it will be no ones business except my own. If I do break any parish rules, I will wait until the parish tells me that I cannot do that.
So do you have rules prohibiting it, or not?
Jdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:58 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
It can be done but you might want to check with your public utility as in some areas this is not allowed as the sewage fee is based on water usage (water meter).
Your not dumping enough for your municipality to need to know about, I'm sure if you said something to them they would come up with some kind of excuse not to do it.
skipatroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #53
larryandamy

Dumping into Home sewer

I have been dumping into my home septic system for 20 years with no issues. All chemicals used in my black water tanks were always marked "Septic safe". You should be OK going into public sewer too. Just don't ask the city or county as I can almost guarantee they will have some rule against it. Just do it!
larryandamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:22 AM   #54

Works fine

Dumping in your sewer vent will work fine. If you dump often and using a lot of chemical refresh your bacteria in your sewer system. You can but Rid-x or just flush a gallon of milk down the toilet or directly in the vent, if you have a septic system. If it is city utility it is fine.
krs2_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:15 AM   #55

Bookmarking thread for later. This would be great to have when using the trailer on the way home and not worrying about hitting a dump station.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:40 PM   #56
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by krs2_us View Post
Dumping in your sewer vent will work fine. If you dump often and using a lot of chemical refresh your bacteria in your sewer system. You can but Rid-x or just flush a gallon of milk down the toilet or directly in the vent, if you have a septic system. If it is city utility it is fine.
What does a gallon of milk do?

Tags
tank