Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2020, 03:55 PM   #1

Easy way needed to clean camper

I'm sure this subject has been well discussed. But, I still want to ask for help anyhow. My camper has aluminum siding. It is a 27' with a super slide. The problem is the finish has what looks like soap stains all over it. I can't see how it could actually be soap, since when I wash it I rinse it very well. I have noticed that I can use some elbow grease with car wax and it cleans off pretty nicely. What I WANT is EASY way to get these blemishes off without all the WORK!! Is that even possible? It's not that I mind (well, I really do mind) all the work, but I'd rather not put that much effort in it IF it could be avoided. I've been reading posts about Wash and Wax all. Will that do the trick? OK, 'nough said I guess. What say you??
Lodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:25 PM   #2

easiest of all... take it to a detail shop... let them provide the elbow grease... call the payment to the shop "COVID Relief"

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 05:27 PM   #3

If you want to do it yourself, save your shoulders and buy a random orbit buffer to apply wax. Let the buffer do the hard rubbing part.Then take off the wax by hand, or buy a polisher to do that also
Aluminum siding RVs are a little harder to wax by buffer due to the corrugations, but definitely doable. Just use a slow/variable speed buffer/polisher to avoid burning the surface.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 06:42 PM   #4

try this buffer... $20 Harbor Freight plus buy a couple extra buffer pads
Attached Images

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 02:50 PM   #5

Just remember. Power buffers apply extra pressure and buffing to outward-protruding surfaces. If there is a rib or a corner where you are working, it can be easy to take all the paint off that surface before the remaining surface is clean.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 03:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodie View Post
I'm sure this subject has been well discussed. But, I still want to ask for help anyhow. My camper has aluminum siding. It is a 27' with a super slide. The problem is the finish has what looks like soap stains all over it. I can't see how it could actually be soap, since when I wash it I rinse it very well. I have noticed that I can use some elbow grease with car wax and it cleans off pretty nicely. What I WANT is EASY way to get these blemishes off without all the WORK!! Is that even possible? It's not that I mind (well, I really do mind) all the work, but I'd rather not put that much effort in it IF it could be avoided. I've been reading posts about Wash and Wax all. Will that do the trick? OK, 'nough said I guess. What say you??
I wish there was an easy way to clean the RV.
We put lots of hours into cleaning the walls, roof, awning and undercarriage and dang it looks good after...at least for a few miles down the road.
There was hype about using Zep floor polish on RV's that ended up with what you are seeing(not sure if you are the original owner). These people needed to use Zep floor polish remover and re waxing their RV's.

Our well water system will leave an undesirable film. We wash the RV at home then hand buff out the film.
Spray Nine has worked well for us also great for cleaning the bugs off the cap.
If none of this relates to you I would go with what has been suggested.
Use a deep pile buffer, good cleaning wax with light pressure.
Arnie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:10 AM   #7

As I have been told applies to Constrution and many other things , including request here,
Good/Fast/cheap, pick two

Best of luck, hope you find a solution that works well for you\
Chris
Old 11-15-2020, 08:12 AM   #8
MCTroy

When we had an aluminum sided TT a spray product called SD20 was great. Took off black streaks easily and then we used a spray polish after cleaning. Don't use cleaner wax! That took top coat off and then paint. We had silver aluminum spots that needed repainted.

This year with our fiberglass trailer we ran out of RV wash. Grabbed the boat wash instead and loved the results! Has UV protectant in it and the finish was amazing! After a camping trip, we just hosed the front end down and the road grime and bugs came off. I recommend Meguires Flagstaff Boat wash.
MEGUIAR'S M4232 Flagship Premium Wash-N-Wax, 32 fluid ounces
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:44 AM   #9

We use Bio-Kleen Black Streak Remover. Worked great on the aluminum sided TT we had, do the dry method. With this TT, fiberglass, we spot wipe streaks dry then put streak remover in the wash bucket. We wax with Lucas Oil Slick Mist Speed Wax. The easiest wax to apply. stays on even when cleaning. We wax twice a year. Our roof is the Alpha Sytems Super Flex, so I just use Simple Green and a rotary brush. Takes me nearly 2 hours to do the roof on our 34ft Hemisphere. https://www.biokleen.com/black-streak-remover
https://lucasoil.com/products/appear...mist-speed-wax
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodie View Post

Product called reliable and most camping stores. Buy it by the gallon and use full strength. Get yourself a pump bottle and spray it evenly from the bottom to the top as to reduce streaking. Use a fine spray as you, enough to cover the area but not so much as to watch it running down the side and onto the ground. Use a soft brush and scrub. Rinse and then just hit the really tough spots again, ie: ends of gutters, around running lights, places that cause dirty run marks.

Great for awnings too.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper