Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2023, 05:36 PM   #1

Talking Ethics when Buying a used camper

Hello anyone who reads this. I just bought a used 2020 wolf pup. After reading all the cool mods and improvement I decided to jump in and start making changes. First I removed those silly dividers in the upper cabinets. When I did I found 75cents in quarters. Then I removed the one under the sink. I found a roll of paper towels and a Yeti Hot/Cold Mug. I removed the ones in front of the water heater and found another 5 quarters. Looking under the sits at the dinette I found a nice little pair of scissors, some blouse buttons, and a spool of thread.

When I went to inspect and purchase this unit it was absolutely spotless on the surface. Frig looked brand new. Bathroom looked never used. Beds and cushioned showed extensive use, but were not "gross".

So do you think I am Ethically obliged to pack up these items and cash and send them to the previous owner. Its keeping me up at night !! Well At least the dog is bothered by all this finding?

Anyone else find "stuff" in far corners in their new camper?
2008 Aliner Classic with Many Mods (in Rehab)
2020 FR Wolf Pup - 660watts Solar, 300AH LiFePO4, Inverter, WFCO-LIS converter, And many mods
GoingNoWhereFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 06:02 PM   #2

Is this a serious post?
If it is relax and stop thinking about it.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 06:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNoWhereFast View Post
Anyone else find "stuff" in far corners in their new camper?
Well, it's technically a 'used' camper and you've probably stumbled upon their quarter stash to do laundry.

You could always trade the $2.00 in quarters for a $2.00 bill and hang it up for good luck.
Old 05-10-2023, 07:11 PM   #4

I just figure you purchased the camper and its contents.

As we used to say in school; "losers weepers, finders keepers". Oh crap, I'm getting old.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 09:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K4TAX View Post
I just figure you purchased the camper and its contents.

As we used to say in school; "losers weepers, finders keepers". Oh crap, I'm getting old.

Bob

X2 if it was of more value perhaps, but at end of day loss of a nights sleep isn’t worth $2 or 20
Old 05-10-2023, 10:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose074 View Post
X2 if it was of more value perhaps, but at end of day loss of a nights sleep isn’t worth $2 or 20

3X
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 06:33 AM   #7
Defender of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
You could always trade the $2.00 in quarters for a $2.00 bill and hang it up for good luck.
I vote for this one!
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 07:00 AM   #8

If you dig deeper, like remove drawers or appliances, you may find gifts the factory left, like loose screws, sawdust, wood scraps, wiring scraps, chunks of wall where they made a hole by using a hammer, etc. That is, unless the previous owner cleaned it up already.
Old 05-11-2023, 07:09 AM   #9

forceful blouse removal?

send the buttons and scissors for DNA testing
clearly the previous owner/user has plenty of $$$ and the state of the bed only highlights the suspicions.

write a book on your trauma, don't forget the poor dog.

maybe find some wealthy backer and go after a politician you don't like

camper may be worth millions if you preserve the chain of custody.

Old 05-18-2023, 07:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
If you dig deeper, like remove drawers or appliances, you may find gifts the factory left, like loose screws, sawdust, wood scraps, wiring scraps, chunks of wall where they made a hole by using a hammer, etc. That is, unless the previous owner cleaned it up already.

I visited 3 RV dealers today. The second one had a few RV's falling apart right on the lot. Brand new Winnebago Vista had panels that had fallen off along with sawdust and screws just laying on the floor and an electrical panel just dangling off the wall.

Then a brand new Seneca XT 4x4 with a panel/sawdust/screws on the floor and the main door wouldn't even latch shut, I looked and the striker was literally bent in. Good luck with that one!
RV_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:25 PM   #11

Anything like that? Absolutely not, it came with the sale. That said, if I was working on it and found something sentimental like a wedding ring, other important jewelry, or something like that, then yes, I would contact the previous owner and get it back to them.

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:52 PM   #12

Diesel vs Gas

I own a Powerstroke diesel which is my second diesel. Prior to this I drove gas pickups and did everything with them. Being an old farm kid I remember the huge difference in torque and power when diesel equipment was put to work. Gas just couldn’t compete. Gas trucks are fantastic when not under heavy load. Acceleration, smooth quiet power. But under load they become a high pitched, high revving, gas guzzling monster. They will do the work as long as the revs are up and the transmission behaves properly. Diesels under heavy load are a calmer beast. Lots of power at lower revs. I bought diesel for the towing experience. If I weren’t towing, I’d go back to gas. I don’t find the cost of ownership being that big of a deal, BUT you must maintain them properly to avoid costly repairs. I had a dealer tell me that I could buy a new crate V10 motor for less than the cost and labor of replacing fuel injectors on my first diesel.
jsh58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 09:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Lee View Post
I visited 3 RV dealers today. The second one had a few RV's falling apart right on the lot. Brand new Winnebago Vista had panels that had fallen off along with sawdust and screws just laying on the floor and an electrical panel just dangling off the wall.

Then a brand new Seneca XT 4x4 with a panel/sawdust/screws on the floor and the main door wouldn't even latch shut, I looked and the striker was literally bent in. Good luck with that one!
We saw some like this at a local dealer when we were RV shopping. They had the model we wanted and it was "brand new" but the microwave was on the floor and wires were hanging out of the cabinets/walls. Sawdust was everywhere. They promised they would clean it up.... we purchased elsewhere.
Andersen WD Hitch
catvet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper