Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2021, 03:49 PM   #1

Extended Warranty Route 66 worth it??

Has anyone had experience with the Route 66 extended warranty?? Will they allow certified techs to come to the park or do they require you to take it to a dealer?? When we bought our 2021 Riverstone RKFB in January we bought the Route 66 extended warranty. $7995.00 for 6 year coverage added to the financing after the big sales pitch from the finance guy and the horror stories he told. We use our RV for living in full time when working construction projects away from home and have for many years. It is a hardship to take these RV's into a dealer for who knows how long to get repaired when your living in them away from home working. I was thinking of canceling the extended warranty and have that money that I'm paying interest on applied back to the loan. I could replace a lot of things for what that warranty will cost over the term of the loan.

Thoughts ??
Rossi357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 04:08 PM   #2

The best thing is to read all the contract fine print and gain what details about coverage you can. Then you can call them directly and ask pertinent questions. THEN decide if cancelling is in your best interest.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 04:19 PM   #3

In the last 50 years I have never made money on an extended warranty. Not a dime.

My feeling is if it costs less than $200 in parts, I can do it. I am not hauling my rv all over the county multiple times for a bad door.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 04:02 PM   #4

Called Route 66

Well I called route 66 service folks directly and ask the question directly to their service department. They told me that they would work with any certified RV tech on warranty claims. If I'm full time living and the hardship of taking the RV to a dealer, I could have a tech come to me to make repairs. Just make sure once he diagnosed the problem, to call them for approval, they would issue a claim number, then the repairs would be covered at my $100 deductible. I'm covered through January 30th 2027 so I decided to keep the warranty.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:05 PM   #5

The zinger on the whole thing I learned was if something happens during my first year of Factory warranty, that's when I have to take the RV to a Forrest River authorized Dealer for repairs..
Old 04-06-2021, 04:27 PM   #6

Save your money and either do it yourself or pay a mobile tech. Much easier and probably cheaper.

Tags
warranty