Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #1

Finally found it !!

After two years of searching, we finally found what we've been looking for. The wife and I are working on the final paperwork for purchasing 42 acres with a cabin on it. Cabin sits on 2 acres with 40 acres left for hunting or hiking. There is also another 110 acres of crop land that the owner will lease to the cabin owner for hunting, for a grand total of 152 acres to hunt on in the fall. Preparations are already underway to extend a existing concrete pad on the property to accept two trailers up to 40' with electrical and water available for both. We're pretty pumped and can't wait to get to the "Closing Day."
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nice. Congratulations. When can we come visit?
Old 08-06-2018, 12:40 PM   #3

We get settled, there will be a party. Stay tuned.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #4
Broken Toe

As someone with both a camper and a cabin, you'll find yourself answering the same question over and over again. Why? Why have a camper and a cabin?!?

Once I explain it to people, it makes sense. To use my camper at the lake lot (where the cabin now is) I have two choices. Either: A) tote the camper down and back every time we go, or B) Leave it down there more or less all the time.

Both ways have pluses and minuses. The big drawback with 'A' is that its always a PITA to get off work on Friday, go home, hitch up the camper, drag it down there, set it up (hoping to get done in time to cook a nice dinner), and then repeat the whole scenario backwards to hook it up and take it home. We did that the first couple years, and honestly, there was many times we just didn't go because it wasnt worth the hassle for a weekend.

So we decided to try option 'B' for a while. It was soooo nice, just grabbing food, clothing and just driving down. Setup was popping the slide, and making the bed. However, anytime we wanted to go camping somewhere other than the lake, it was a huge PITA to head down the weekend before, un-dock the camper, bring it home, get it ready for the trip, and then reverse all THAT to bring it back down.

We're loving the cabin. It's my happy place. But the camper is at the house, ready to go in a moments notice if we wanted to. Now, all I got to do is get work to ease up some, and we may actually get to use it more.

Enjoy the cabin lifestyle!

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:59 PM   #5

How wonderful! Enjoy!
Jeanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:10 PM   #6

Hopefully it's on the east coast!!!
Old 08-07-2018, 07:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
Hopefully it's on the east coast!!!
Oh hell no ! We're in the midwest, so all is good.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Oh hell no ! We're in the midwest, so all is good.

Ha ha we are headed out route 66 in a couple of weeks so we will see the west coast. Only been to a few cities in California, Arizona and Nevada. Coming back along the celestial highway.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
As someone with both a camper and a cabin, you'll find yourself answering the same question over and over again. Why? Why have a camper and a cabin?!?

Once I explain it to people, it makes sense. To use my camper at the lake lot (where the cabin now is) I have two choices. Either: A) tote the camper down and back every time we go, or B) Leave it down there more or less all the time.

Both ways have pluses and minuses. The big drawback with 'A' is that its always a PITA to get off work on Friday, go home, hitch up the camper, drag it down there, set it up (hoping to get done in time to cook a nice dinner), and then repeat the whole scenario backwards to hook it up and take it home. We did that the first couple years, and honestly, there was many times we just didn't go because it wasnt worth the hassle for a weekend.

So we decided to try option 'B' for a while. It was soooo nice, just grabbing food, clothing and just driving down. Setup was popping the slide, and making the bed. However, anytime we wanted to go camping somewhere other than the lake, it was a huge PITA to head down the weekend before, un-dock the camper, bring it home, get it ready for the trip, and then reverse all THAT to bring it back down.

We're loving the cabin. It's my happy place. But the camper is at the house, ready to go in a moments notice if we wanted to. Now, all I got to do is get work to ease up some, and we may actually get to use it more.

Enjoy the cabin lifestyle!

Tim
I like your thought process. I to, weighed out the options of having both on the property, but with the struggles this year trying to book campgrounds on short notice...(yeah right) and the RV industry having it's 5th ? record year of sales, things are only going to get worse. In Nebraska, we're already at about a 6 to 1 ratio of RV's to campsites and unless you book sites a year in advance, you can't do the "Friday...lets pull out to the campground and get a spot." Having the trailer on site will give us a place while we do some mods to the cabin and will add additional "Private" space for friends or relatives who come to stay with us. We both are using what...works best for us. Have great day and stay....Relaxed.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #10
jkoenig24

How did you find said land?
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:39 PM   #11
Bene Gesserit Rule

I was ecstatic when I found it, and didn't know I had lost it.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
How did you find said land?
First years was on our own and last 8 months were using brokers from "LandsofAmerica" "WhitetailProperties" and also watching the land realtor websites.