Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #1

Smile First Camping trip of the season in the bag.

Our shakedown trip went perfectly, and the weather co-operated as we hoped. We camped less than a 1/2 hour from home on the first trip with our new (to us) trailer......just in case. We'd checked all systems prior to heading out, but you just never know. Couldn't be happier with our little Mini-Lite.
She is now back sitting in the driveway ready to pull out Thursday evening for the Easter long weekend.

trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #2

Glad to hear all went well on your shakedown trip. Have fun this weekend!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #3

Happy to hear all went well! We just bought the same grill you have. Seems perfect for travel.

Sent from my Xoom using Forest River Forums mobile app
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #4

Glad to know yours went well. We had our first trip out this weekend with brand new Mini Lite and tow vehicle (Durango). Friday and Saturday were great at Cuivre River State Park near St. Louis. Awoke Sunday morning to thunder (storms forecasted for late afternoon). No time to move before the local sheriff drove through warning of severe storms. Few minutes later we we're pelted by hail up to golf ball size for about 10 minutes. Very loud and scary to live through a hail storm in a camper. Broke a vent cover on the camper and did a number on the Durango hood and roof. Will have the dealer inspect the roof for any damaged I may have missed inspecting after the storm. Not the start to our camping season that I anticipated. But we're ready to head out again. Just hope for better weather next time. Rain OK. Hail no!
RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #5

Glad all went well for you. Have a great summer.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShelton View Post
Glad to know yours went well. We had our first trip out this weekend with brand new Mini Lite and tow vehicle (Durango). Friday and Saturday were great at Cuivre River State Park near St. Louis. Awoke Sunday morning to thunder (storms forecasted for late afternoon). No time to move before the local sheriff drove through warning of severe storms. Few minutes later we we're pelted by hail up to golf ball size for about 10 minutes. Very loud and scary to live through a hail storm in a camper. Broke a vent cover on the camper and did a number on the Durango hood and roof. Will have the dealer inspect the roof for any damaged I may have missed inspecting after the storm. Not the start to our camping season that I anticipated. But we're ready to head out again. Just hope for better weather next time. Rain OK. Hail no!
We had a bad storm go just north of us Saturday. Winds over eighty MPH. trees down, power lines down, hail. Yuk! Where we were we had just a little rain. It was over in a couple of hours. We actually sat out by the campfire that evening. Someone was watching out for us I guess.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #7

So many firsts. Also our first trip to empty the tanks. I was 1/2 expecting some nightmare like Robin Williams experianced in that RV movie...but it was all too simple.

trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikebubble View Post
So many firsts. Also our first trip to empty the tanks. I was 1/2 expecting some nightmare like Robin Williams experianced in that RV movie...but it was all too simple.

Yeah, the sewer thing had me a little wary the first time, but it's been pretty easy and uneventful. Nice set up. We really like the Mini Lites.
RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping