Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2016, 09:52 AM   #61

Colonial Pipeline has been updating their progress on their website. Colonial did state Monday that they have been running gasoline through the #2 line which normally carries diesel and "spirits". I have no idea of what spirits they transfer. Colonial stated that the contractors started on the bypass around the leak about 3:30 p.m. Sunday and are hoping to get it online by late Wednesday, they posted a few photos of the area. Colonial stated that it may take up to two weeks to remove the contaminated dirt around the leak so they can asses the leak and plan repairs. What amazes me is the amount of equipment, pipe, and people that they put into that area so quick. We have three (3) tank farms here in Albany, Ga. and they receive gas and diesel from the Colonial pipeline. A branch of the pipeline just west of Carrolton, GA. come directly to Albany then on to Bainbridge, GA. Sunday here there were no transfer trucks at any of the tank farms which tells me that they were not receiving any product nor was there any to fill the transfer trucks. Local news Monday afternoon showed that there were trucks lined up at all three tank farm sites and they were getting gas and diesel from the pipeline. Colonial states that they have hired several contract trucking companies to move gas from west of the spill site to to Ga. and N. Carolina. Sunday there were stations here that had no gas and the one's that did had sky high pricing. I noticed today that all stations had regular gas priced at $2.35 so maybe things have begun to stabilize.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:27 PM   #62
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
Colonial Pipeline has been updating their progress on their website. Colonial did state Monday that they have been running gasoline through the #2 line which normally carries diesel and "spirits". I have no idea of what spirits they transfer.
The #2 line also normally carries kerosene / jet fuel. I guess ATL / Hartsfield has enough on hand for a few days.

Some of the chains here are doing the smart thing and only supporting part of their stores. QuickTrip (QT) has several stations around me that are out of gas, and have been for days, but the stations closest to I-575 are being supplied. Regular unleaded was $2.349 a gallon today...
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #63
Site Team - Lou

On a similar note I just saw this.

THE DEATH OF THE BAKKEN FIELD HAS BEGUN: Big Trouble For The U.S. Â*|Â* Peak Oil News and Message Boards

I realize the web site is a "SHTF" type site so PLEASE don't harp on that or we will be closed. The information presented is thought provoking and I feel is relevant to the discussion, however.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #64
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
The #2 line also normally carries kerosene / jet fuel. I guess ATL / Hartsfield has enough on hand for a few days.

Some of the chains here are doing the smart thing and only supporting part of their stores. QuickTrip (QT) has several stations around me that are out of gas, and have been for days, but the stations closest to I-575 are being supplied. Regular unleaded was $2.349 a gallon today...
Or they might be "backfeeding" from the Trainer, PA refinery that Delta owns.

So far I am still good, come Monday there might be some issues for my work vehicle. We are going camping this weekend come hell or high water. I have a full tank and the camping area is only 80 miles one way.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #65

"spirits" are the highs like naptha,tolulene, stoddard,not motor fuel but they still have to move it. Regular was $2.149 in kalkaska mi today.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:59 AM   #66

First I have heard of this

We filled up the MH at Costco Monday as we were leaving on this 2 nighter in San Diego, CA. We paid $2.59 for regular! And, Costco is usually about 10c cheaper per gallon than the corner gas station. $101.00 for 3/4 tank of gas. 😳
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:45 PM   #67

2:30. 2:39 all summer in pa. Diesel 2:70---2:89
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:26 PM   #68

I had to run an errand today so I ride by two of the three tank farms here. No trucks. This is very unusual for these tank farms. Hopefully with the by-pass now online gas may get to these tank farms soon.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:57 PM   #69
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
I had to run an errand today so I ride by two of the three tank farms here. No trucks. This is very unusual for these tank farms. Hopefully with the by-pass now online gas may get to these tank farms soon.
I was noticing the same thing at a couple of terminals in the RDU area. Gas is available just sporadic. I filled up at my local Exxon out in the sticks last night and they were still pumping this afternoon. 87 and diesel only. Bride wants me to look at getting an EV... told her I wanted a Tesla...

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:25 AM   #70
Tinkerer and Putterer

I tend to travel to and from work at odd hours so I don't see any lines. I am seeing a spattering of gas stations with gas. Unfortunately this car of mine requires 93 and 87 seems to rule the day right now. If this keeps up I'll have to invest in some octane boost and hope it doesn't coke the turbo. I wouldn't worry about traveling but I would start looking for gas at 1/4 tank just in case you have to pull off multiple times. I have not seen a diesel pump with a bag on it yet.
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #71

Just filled up at Sam's Club in Huntsville, AL 2 days ago $1.87/gal.

Was in Ardmore TN over the weekend and Gas was $2.19/gal and Diesel was $2.15 - now THAT is how it should be
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote