Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #1

First time ever!

We went to Pigeon Forge this past weekend for the annual Rod Runs. For the first time in the last four years that we have went camping it did not rain!!!!!!!!! 2nd trip in the new 365 Saq Sandpiper. We took it back to the local delaer after the first trip to get some minor issues fixed. They fixed everything on our list ( i believe the wife had 8 items we wanted looked at) except the floor "bubbling" issues. Said they were going to contact Forest River and see what they wanted to do. Its only a small place in the floor. I told them I was going to camp in it all summer and whatever needs fixed they can fix it this winter. They said that would be OK. Glad i bought from local dealer. Next trip April 27,28,29,30th.
carsonizik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Good idea to get the floor issue taken care of during your non-camping period. While not quite as bad I can relate to your camping/rain matter as I had the same problem whenever I was planning on camping.

Where are you going on your next trip?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #3

Next trip

We are going back to Pigeon Forge. We will be going to the Myrtle Beach a little later in the year. We'll be going to Pigeon forge every three weeks. I tried to leave it at the campgroubnd for the next three months but they were booked solid. So I have to pull it back and forth. No big deal I don't mind pulling it.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #4

Can you recommend a campground in Pigeon Forge. We plan on going there next weekend.
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

We like the Eagle's Nest, 1111 Wears Valley Road
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee 37863
Old 04-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Site Team

I have my usual place that I go camping at too. Kinda of like a second home.

Now that the rain stopped feel free to post some pics.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #7

campground

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4srn View Post
Can you recommend a campground in Pigeon Forge. We plan on going there next weekend.
We camp at Clabough's campground which is also on Wears Valley road about 3/4 of a mile off of the main strip. Its behind the Exxon which is also owned by Clabough's. The lazy river was open for the kids and they were working on getting both pools open. One thing I have noticed is they have added a few "permanent" people since last year. I have heard that alot of the other campgrounds in Pigeon Forge have cut back on the permanent campers and Clayboughs has let more in. The very reason I couldn't get a site for the summer months. For us it was the first campground we stayed at and its very convienant to everything. We like eating at Smokey mountain Brewery which is just up the road about 1/2 mile. I get up every morning and go get HOT Krispy Kremes for the family down the strip a mile or so. We stayed in the B section right behind the main office this time. We like the D section better. Don't seem to ba s crowded. and its close tot he pool. Get on their website and look around. D 62 was "our spot" when we had our 25 foot Outback but the 41" Sandpiper won't fit in that row so we are forced to camp other places.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #8

Thanks for all the advice. Several friends here have recommended River Plantation so I called them early in the week and reserved a site for next weekend. This will be our first trip. Plan on making this a scouting trip for future visits. Want to try a few days at Cade's Cove this summer to see how well we do dry camping.
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #9

River Plantation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4srn View Post
Thanks for all the advice. Several friends here have recommended River Plantation so I called them early in the week and reserved a site for next weekend. This will be our first trip. Plan on making this a scouting trip for future visits. Want to try a few days at Cade's Cove this summer to see how well we do dry camping.
We looked at River Plantation a few weeks ago on our first trip. With a small one wanting to ride his bike and electric scooter all the time we like a paved campground. River Plantation is all gravel. Also don't like all the dust it causes on the camper and truck. Everyones needs are different. It seemed like a nice campground. Main thing is you will be camping!