Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #1

Smile First trip of the season in the books

Just got home from our first camping trip for the 2014 season and had a blast as always.

I joined the Forest River Forums this past off season and used a lot of the tips, tricks and trouble shooting techniques I have learned from the thread contributions from forum members.

Last year (2013) was our first year of camping with our TT. Most trips were a total white knuckle experience while hauling. I was having a lot of problems with sway especially under windy conditions and here on the prairies it's usually pretty windy. Also porpoising on our wavy roads.

From reading various threads and suggestions from forum members I changed the 20" P rated tires to 20" LT "E" tires, better rear shocks and backed off the chains on WDH bars by one link. Wow what a difference in hauling in windy conditions and porpoising is a lot less drastic.

Still haven't purchased WDH with sway control yet, but will after another trip or two if more stability is required.

Only had one problem and it was a leak at the kitchen sink. Took a couple days to rectify it. Was woken up by a drip, drip, drip sound and found a puddle under the sink. Looked like small leak from around the cold water tap connector.

I had tightened all water connections after de-winterizing, but this one still felt a bit lose, so hand tightened a bit more and cleaned up the water. At the time I thought it was odd that the pump didn't cycle every so often with the lost pressure.

Checked later that day and drat...another puddle. Turned out the collar around the neck of the faucet was a bit loose. Tightened it up and problem fixed.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #2

sounds like other than the water problem, things went well. as rv owners we all, no matter what our backgrounds are learn to repair and replace parts and keep on truckin!! it's great to have a weekend under your belt. Happy Trails