Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #1

First use experiences

My wife and I picked up our 2014 coachmen catlina 323TSBH last Wednesday! We love it! We took it straight out to the local lake here to try it out before we get to far away from the dealer. Had a few minor things that needed worked out. So its in the shop today.

Newbie mistake we made was not turning the valve for the water heater bypass so it would fill with water. I think we burnt or partially burnt up the electric element. This was forgotten during the walk through, so the dealer is picking up that cost.

On the fourth night it actually snowed a little bit and got cold enough to freeze the water hose and inline water filter. After I thawed it out it was fine. I left the water filter off when I reconnected the hose, and disconnected it when the temp dropped the next night and all was good. We bought a cold weather hose when we dropped off the trailer at the shop today. Its supposed to be good to -42. I forgot the brand but it has a 110 power cord the runs a thermostat for some kind of heating elmenent inside the hose so hopefully it works like it says. We don't plan on using the TT when its that cold but hopefully it will keep us with water for those into the 20's now.

I couldn't get the oven pilot light to light so that's getting checked out.

We have direct tv and that was a bit of fiasco to get up and running. We called to get the new receiver boxes setup and direct tv ended up canceling the service for some reason, which we didn't realize until after moving the dish around to about 10 locations trying to get signal, and calling tech support. Now the dealer has to install the satellite into the backroom because they apparently forgot to do it initially, and we missed it on the walk through.

All in all we had a good time, and we are glad we decided to give a shot before heading off somewhere and finding out miles away from our dealer.

5 nights camping under our belts this year, and many more to come!
Mark4310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #2

Congratulations and many more miles of rving!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #3

Congrats on your 2014 Coachmen Catlina 323TSBH! Wishing you many safe and memorable trips in it.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:22 PM   #4

Congrats! We picked up our TT today! I wished we could take it straight away somewhere too. Bummer

Have fun with your new toy!
luvthatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
TeresaInCAL

Congrats on your new rv!
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark4310 View Post
My wife and I picked up our 2014 coachmen catlina 323TSBH last Wednesday! We love it! We took it straight out to the local lake here to try it out before we get to far away from the dealer. Had a few minor things that needed worked out. So its in the shop today.

Newbie mistake we made was not turning the valve for the water heater bypass so it would fill with water. I think we burnt or partially burnt up the electric element. This was forgotten during the walk through, so the dealer is picking up that cost.

On the fourth night it actually snowed a little bit and got cold enough to freeze the water hose and inline water filter. After I thawed it out it was fine. I left the water filter off when I reconnected the hose, and disconnected it when the temp dropped the next night and all was good. We bought a cold weather hose when we dropped off the trailer at the shop today. Its supposed to be good to -42. I forgot the brand but it has a 110 power cord the runs a thermostat for some kind of heating elmenent inside the hose so hopefully it works like it says. We don't plan on using the TT when its that cold but hopefully it will keep us with water for those into the 20's now.

I couldn't get the oven pilot light to light so that's getting checked out.

We have direct tv and that was a bit of fiasco to get up and running. We called to get the new receiver boxes setup and direct tv ended up canceling the service for some reason, which we didn't realize until after moving the dish around to about 10 locations trying to get signal, and calling tech support. Now the dealer has to install the satellite into the backroom because they apparently forgot to do it initially, and we missed it on the walk through.

All in all we had a good time, and we are glad we decided to give a shot before heading off somewhere and finding out miles away from our dealer.

5 nights camping under our belts this year, and many more to come!
Welcome,do not put to much faith in that (-42 water hose) the Hydrant that supplys the water and your inline filter will be your freeze location. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:45 AM   #7

Congrats, sorry about the little issues. We did the same thing after picking up our 5er last year.

Have fun!

You can follow our camping adventures here
Camper: 2014 Sandpiper 35ROK
Nights Camped in 2012 (truck camper) 16
Nights Camped in 2013 48
Brian and Michele is offline   Reply With Quote