Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #1

First use of new camper

We had our Wildwood LE 29BHBS towed to the beach a couple weeks ago and we were able to live in it for three days. This was our first time staying in it and trying out the heat, ac, water heater, etc. we had mid 40s temp at night and 55 during day. we used the heat most of the time but used the air some to test it out. they worked well. water heater seems to work but recovery time seems poor but probably std for the 6 gall dsi. it rained hard and was windy the entire time so we didnt try awning, the roof/slides didnt leak which was good. galley tanks filled quickly, ours has the kitchen sink and bathroom sink to one galley tank, shower to one gray tank, black tank, and of course the fresh water tank. it was leveled well but i tried the plastic plates for the corners with wood and the plastic depresses/gives too much under this much weight, i wont use the plastic next time, i got some nice wood blocks cut, 2 x 10 x 12s. everything seem to work well. we had a problem getting the sick on hooks to work so we will screw in on our next trip. we spent time using oven, cooking, etc, all worked well. we still need to try out the fresh water system, we normally take bottled water, we still use a filter on in connected water system too. no major surprises, not having a ladder is a downside but the xtend and climb ladde worked very well. we had a few interior finish issues with some drawers sticking, legs on the dinette table but we expected to have some, we knew it isnt a high end product, but it was very functional. we really like the flip tv and we enjoyed the sound system both inside and outside the trailer. Te 4 inch memory foam worked well on the bed. we need to add the winterizer suction tubing/valves. It is almost just as easy to remove the suction line and screw on some tubing to a small hose, seems like an easy fix. We had a good time, got to spend time looking around the camper, familiarinzing with slides, electrical, plumbing, gas, we accomplished our first mission in it. The carlisle tires made the trip without failure, i had the dealer balance the tires, i did this after reading some posts here on FRF, good idea. We made the storage arrangements and hope it works well, the people were nice.

Enjoy your camping season.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Sounds like mission complete! Great job.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:13 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Great report of your first outing! Glad everything went well.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #4

Yep, even with extremely cool, windy, and rainy weather , it went well. we hope when it gets hot that we dont have a lot of gasing from the building matls, I havent really noticed the odors yet.

Have a great camping season