Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2015, 08:06 AM   #1
Rick & Nati

First week full-timing - Yay!

One week down in our new adventure! My wife has posted a few times here and I'm VERY grateful for all the info she's gleaned from the members here. I've been so busy getting our house ready to rent and building the new site for our 5th wheel that I barely have time to stop and make sure I'm doing things correctly, have made plenty of mistakes but thankfully we're in and the first week went SO well.

A big part of this decision to full-time is to meet new people and expand our horizon! Soooo here we are.

Thanks again and I look forward to joining in more discussions...and we look forward to hitting the road once all the kinks are worked out!
SouthEast Texas

Rick7Nati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:56 AM   #2

Great job on the blog. I must say I'm quite envious. I commend you for having the courage to step outside the box and go against the societal norms. Who made up these rules, anyway??? Have fun- it sounds like quite an adventure!!!
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:56 AM   #3

Well Welcome, life is an adventure so go for it. I will read your blog... Read the page with the pictures of the 5er. That's one big couch. I also seen that you going to start to work on storage. Well what I did or I should say my friend OC (neil dunn) was that he installed two garage door rails and built a frame out of angle iron put a wood floor down and now all I do is roll it out very good solution makes things easy to get at. When I was a sailor and traveling around the world, I also had a blog so people could keep up with us and knew where we were. It was easy for family and friends that way..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
Always Learning

Welcome! My family of 4 also fulltimers and you'll find that there is a pretty wide community of families who do it. We do travel vs. staying stationary.

If you haven't found it yet, I might suggest a group/organization called Fulltime Families. It has helped us connect with a ton of other families who are fulltime on the road. The kids have made friends with others who live the same way as have we.

I also have a blog that I painfully behind on.

http://nowornever.learntorv.com/
Old 12-01-2015, 05:13 PM   #5
Rick & Nati

Thx for the welcome! Love the ideas that everyone throws out there. We're itching to hit the road but need to make sure the income/job situation is on track before we do. Will definitely be posting more as we get settled in and start a few DIY projects.

Rick
SouthEast Texas

Rick7Nati is offline   Reply With Quote