Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #1

Flagstaff or Koala?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and to RVing- I apologise if I'm posting this in the wrong section!
My husband and I have been looking at two different travel trailers and can't seem to decide- we have been considering a Flagstaff 23FBS (2012, used one season, buying from a dealer) and a Koala 19WQ (brand new, buying from a dealer). They are the same sticker price, but I'm pretty sure I could negotiate the Koala down at least a few thousand dollars.
We haven't bought a truck yet, but will probably be getting an F150 with some sort of tow package (my technical knowledge is unrivaled haha).
We plan to use it for long weekends and a month long cross-country trip this fall. We have no kids (yet), just two biggish dogs.
Any suggestions or tips to lean us one way or the other?
TIA!
slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #2

If it were me I'd negotiate on the Flagstaff. The Flagstaff is 6 inches wider overall and it has a kitchen counter top extension for preparing meals. The best reason though is the Flagstaff has a slideout and the Koala doesn't. The extra space the slideout offers is nice to have when living in the trailer on a month long cross-country trip.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it!
slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
If it were me I'd negotiate on the Flagstaff. The Flagstaff is 6 inches wider overall and it has a kitchen counter top extension for preparing meals. The best reason though is the Flagstaff has a slideout and the Koala doesn't. The extra space the slideout offers is nice to have when living in the trailer on a month long cross-country trip.
X2.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #5

Go with the Flagstaff. You can't beat 'em. Best RV on the market for the buck, IMHO.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #6

x3 go for the Flagstaff I look at the other and we went with the flagstaff because of the counter space and the slide out I look at diff. models and went back to flagstaff
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote