Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #1

Florida's state parks -(reserve america)

Has anyone else had problems trying to go camping in a Florida state park?
Even though I happen to live in this wonderful state, I find it increasingly difficult to find any available campsites in the Florida state park system, ever since they changed their reservation handling chores to "reserve america".
I can understand that most all holiday weekends would book up fast, but I have even tried to get in around here on rainy and cold and windy weekends, with no avail! Do we as camping Floridians have to stay in the many private (and pricey! ) campgrounds around here just to get away and enjoy the great outdoors?????
I also realize that Florida is a HUGE tourist and vacation destination, as well.
Most campgrounds around here are full of northern plates, the "snowbirds" as they are so fondly called, but there can't possibly be THAT many !!! C"MON !!!
If anyone knows the answer to this problem, PLEASE enlighten me! Maybe the current fuel costs will free up some spaces....? Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #2

i have to use that dreadful site quite often also and the only thing i know to do is to keep playing around with the dates. if you use the option on that site where you can view a range of dates (like a few days before and after you actually want to go) instead of checking for availability for "specific" dates, i find it much easier. this way it list out all the sites and shows you what days they are booked/not booked. which you may have already tried this but thats what i had to do this past month in order to get a site at saint andrews for the end of may. if i put in the specific days it kept telling me they were full
sijc is offline   Reply With Quote