Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2019, 09:09 PM   #61

I have a 2018 Georgetown 31L5. Used once when I bought it. There were quite a few issues when I got it and the service department wasn’t very responsive but I had a great rapport with my salesman. He worked on the service guys and eventually got everything straightened out. Used it for about 5 months during the past year and had some minor problems which I repaired myself. Quality isn’t the best but price wasn’t at the top either. Overall been having a great time with it.
BirdeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:44 PM   #62

Forest River quality?

I have a2017 Forest River Miranda Silver Edition 30 ft motor
Home.
1 The design is bad. Rear overhang hits the ground when you go up an incline.
2 The materials used for the interior is cheep “pleather”, plastic covered cloth made to look like leather. Into the second year, and of course, “Out of warranty “ , the two front seats, the sofa bed and the dining area. Have all peeled away to the point that the seats and sofa had to be replaced and the dining area reappolsted.
Would I buy another product or recommend anything made by them?
NO WAY!
JohnVentura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:12 PM   #63

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebees4 View Post
What does everyone think about their quality? I'm not very impressed. We had it for almost a year and it been back 4 times for warranty work. That brings up another problem. Dealer seems to have problems listening to what's needed. The one time that ticks me off probably the most is took it in for some roof issues and they replaced water tank. There was nothing wrong with water tank. To top that instead of removing screws from belly panel they cut it out with a knife and taped back together. Last trip we took it in for interior wall delamination and piece of trim that goes up front to roof that was 2" too short and they just fill gap with caulk. They never touched delamination issue. Now we have to wait on parts and take it back again. They are 2 hours one way. I wish I would have never seen a forest river. If it was a car it would qualify for lemon law.
I have a 2015 Surveyor that is suffering from Front Cap oxidation. My dealer won't do anything about it and Forest River offered me $500. towards having it repainted even though they were aware of the problem all along. Never again would I buy a Forest River product.
hjohn555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:15 PM   #64

2019 Forest River Forester 2291S

Tv cabinet over cab fell in
Battery isolator inop
Leveling jack pump bracket bent down
Water heater circuit board failure
Refrigerator circuit board failure
Stover igniter failure
Drawers under dinette slides at rear splits
Drawer under sink slides striped out strews at rear
Drawers under dinette, sink, stove and fridge will not stay closed
Cabinet door hinges screws stripped out
Floor in cabinet under sink fell though
Wood paper covering shower door pealing off
Door prop failure
Awning fabric deteriorated
Water pump not shutting off ( no leaks )
Vent in bathroom seal failure
Left rear taillight failure
Microwave support leg broken from install
Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:24 AM   #65

2012 F/R Surveyor 310

We purchased it used in 2016. Had a leak(kitchen vent) and filled the ceiling with water($900.00) later since the warranty doesn't cover leaks(its considered maintenance! ). Then the A/C unit was freezing up and warm air instead of cold, just like the Dometic fridge that couldn't keep up with the 90 plus degree temps. They FINALLY replaced the A/C unit(Dometic) and the fridge cooling unit. The A/C works but the Fridge still struggles and I'm not installing a fan to fix it. Apparently its not meant for hot days! I have a full size fridge on my porch so I used the Dometic POS for storage! Airtight at least! Overall not over impressed but we live in it! BTW: The warranty DID NOT cover the freight shipping charge for the parts. That was another $200.00! The cost of a camping life and the B.S. doesn't come cheap!
SLU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:31 AM   #66

Coachman quality is not good. Latches are subpar outlets not even screwed into anything behind them, slideout ripping into flooring, slideout cut through wiring, overall poor craftsmanship.

Ford E450 great 👍
Mark2224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:17 AM   #67

Thumbs up

Quote:
What does everyone think about their quality? I'm not very impressed. We had it for almost a year and it been back 4 times for warranty work. That brings up another problem. Dealer seems to have problems listening to what's needed. The one time that ticks me off probably the most is took it in for some roof issues and they replaced water tank. There was nothing wrong with water tank. To top that instead of removing screws from belly panel they cut it out with a knife and taped back together. Last trip we took it in for interior wall delamination and piece of trim that goes up front to roof that was 2" too short and they just fill gap with caulk. They never touched delamination issue. Now we have to wait on parts and take it back again. They are 2 hours one way. I wish I would have never seen a forest river. If it was a car it would qualify for lemon law.
We are in the same boat as you. Sorry we ever bought our Sunseeker by Forest River
jlmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:28 AM   #68

Cheap materials for maximum profit, push them out to meet or beat the quota.
Rogerjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #69

Me too

Greetings. I haven’t read all of the comments on this subject, but don’t really need to. The quality of manufacturing is terrible. I believe the individual components are fine (industry standard fine) but the poor construction and assembly is the primary problem.
Little to no quality control or consistency.
Examples;
1. Strip 2” of wire for a/c connections, wire nut it and leave the other 1.5” bare so it will short out.
2. Two entry doors, but one handrail.
3. A radio in the garage, but none in the living area (or speakers).
4. Connections, switches not labeled
5. Control panels at knee level.
6. Owners manual that is not specific to your rv.
7. Customer service that really doesn’t care (or has no power to help).
I’m tired of remembering all of these bad things. It is what it is. We enjoy life and our rv.
As others have said, it’s about production and dollars. I will always be hesitant about the quality of Forest River.
Mdm2rsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:09 AM   #70

We have had two Forest River TT's, a 2011 R-Pod RP-172 and a 2018 Palomino Real Lite RL 181 and the fit and finish on both are impeccable. I did have to level one blind over the sink on the Real Lite but other than that no problems.
dsmiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:13 AM   #71

“What about this gap, I need a piece of trim”

Boss “eh just fill it with some caulk”

LMAO!!!
WolfPup2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:13 AM   #72
CMSgt Retired

Class c RV Quality is Dog dodo

I had a class c in the 80’s. Recently returned to RVing , purchased a 2019 Forester SLE. Entry level but I can tell you the quality and workmanship hasn’t improved. If fact I think the current product is inferior. Chassis is improved but still not a great product. But like they say you get what you pay for. Considering price RVs are cheap
PS:Got what I expected and paid for. Of course this applies to most not all.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:23 AM   #73

Sounds like a dealership issue Not forest River

Who went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day.

Deuteronomy 1:33
auroraRNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:58 AM   #74

Quote:
I found that contacting Forest River directly is the only way to address issues that I had. They fixed the issues I was aware of and also found a few other things that needed addressing.
debbie_rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:16 AM   #75

I have a 2008 FR Georgetown with 70K miles. I've logged miles to both coasts and the only major problem was having to rebuild my Generac generator. I have had service issues with Camping World in KC but found an RV service I feel I can trust now. I think your problem is the service/repair center, not Forest River. Have you contacted FR? I've had good luck with customer service by calling them directly.
wildcatmlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:26 AM   #76

There is a lemon law for RVs...

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (Federal Lemon Law). Plus, determining what state you are living in, State Lemon Law.

Folks, this person is having a hard time and doesn't need to be put down---it's very frustrating to know that you paid so much of your hard earned money on a poor workmanship quality. Yes, the dealer should have done a better walk through on the RV when they took over, but, even the dealers are expecting better quality control from the manufacturer. Believe me, I know. Until the manufacturer can get a better grip over what is happening, we are going to be hearing more and more of this. FR is having issues in the workplace with fines placed for workplace safety, recalls on certain 2018 through 2020 RVs are now being put into place by the NHTSA, and you may want to check recalls on your type of RV. I've heard, "there is always going to be initial issues upon taking delivery of a new Motorhome because these are literally man-made objects that go down the road" and then I have also heard, 3 or 4 small issues can be hiding one or more BIG issues that can not be assessed by the eyes... like the latest on a FR TT--failure to bolt down the house correctly or adequately to the chassis or using inadequate materials....leaving the chassis attached to your vehicle and the house over in the ditch. Initial issues yep..I can see that...but there are more than "initial issues" going on here. Folks, you have to advocate for yourselves....don't let others tell you that there's really nothing that can be done to help...yes there is. Email everyone and God's mother on what is going on.... from dealer, to manufacturer...to owners of manufacturer...to state and federal officials... Believe me, you will be heard then.
kaytlen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #77

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/F...RIVER/SURVEYOR
kaytlen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #78

Dealers

One thing that I'm not hearing here on this thread, is that DEALERS are our way to communicate with the manufacturers. I agree that researching dealers are a wise choice for a prospective buyer, but this OP seems to not be closer than a few hours from the dealer he has to deal with (maybe the closest one to him). Just saying that Forest River needs to "work" with their dealers better so that there are less "Dealer" problems.
RASwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:30 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
Sounds to me like the people doing the service work are the issue and not Forest River. We have a 2018 Surveyor and in the year that we have owned it only minor issues, which I have taken care of. Hope things get better for you.
Root cause is stuff keeps breaking. If it didn't break there would be no dealer issues
ostmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #80

Forest River Products

I have a 2014 Wildwood. The only issues I've had boiled down to tires, wheel bearings and axle alignment. If I were to buy a new trailer, I would change the tires, repack all wheel bearings and have an alignment shop check the axles. This would be true with nearly every manufacturer's products.
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, quality