Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2020, 09:33 PM   #21
PhD, Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by timz View Post
quit buying them
Feel free.

Personally, I am sold on FR.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:00 PM   #22

Here is another perspective. I'm a older person without much mechanical knowledge and/or the ability to 'fix' things. When I started looking for an RV, I knew what I wanted in general, but it took me stopping at every RV lot I found anywhere for a look see to nail down a floor plan/type. I'm a full timer and still have my original trailer from Forest River. I really didn't care what brand as long as it checked all the boxes on my list. I don't have a 'home dealer', actually bought this one 2 states away, and have used Mobile RV people to handle any issues. As others have said, we bounce these things down rough roads, open and close doors, and create an atmosphere that would make most anything stress or break. If something's not working off the lot, then that's a different thing, but you still don't have to go to the dealer....use an RV tech.
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:01 PM   #23
Brake is on left

On my 3rd FR product. Been some issues, sure. Nothing earth shattering. Would definitely buy again.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:57 AM   #24

[QUOTE=Mr. Dan;2425175]What is your solution to this issue that's been discussed here many times over the past 8 years?[/QUTE]
pitzhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:59 AM   #25

If you want true perfection .you need to be willing to pay bigger bucks. I get good quality for what I pay for. I'm happy with FR,s.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:31 AM   #26

I really didn't mean to open up a can of worms on this topic. That was not my intentions.
Bramic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:34 AM   #27

Very happy with our FR Freedom Express. No issues that I haven't been able to take care of myself. No problem buying another FR product. Don't listen to the FR negative nellies!
Roberte52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #28

We are very happy with our vibe
Kgvesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Here's the deal with warranty work.

1. Wait 3 to 4 months to get your RV in
2. Wait several weeks until they actually look at it.
3. Wait 2 months for parts
4. Wait 1 month for repairs to be done
5. Repeat process when 2 of the 5 things to be repaired still don't work.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:05 PM   #30

We are very happy with our Forest river FLAGSTAFF SUPER LITE brand
Luckydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:43 AM   #31

The research we did prior to purchase suggested that you can get a better unit if you pony up the dough and get an airstream or Winnebego. but Airstreams are basically way too expensive and the nearest Winnebego dealer is probably a thousand miles from me. Otherwise the rest of the brands all have similar quality. As others have said the desire to get lighter means they aren't built as good as they were previously. Also it's worth a mention that the dealer matters when buying new. The units come with a percentage of the build still to do, so find a smaller dealer that can't afford to have a ton of bad reviews. the big national dealers could care less if they get bad reviews. they sell 5 new units for every person they screw over. So far my 2020 Grey Wolf has been back once for a failed refrigerator. It took them about 7 or 8 weeks to get it back. We do at least one weekend per month with longer trips every few months so we use it regularly.
slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:04 AM   #32

I bought mine from a wholesale dealer an , couldn't be happier. Has stood behind it when it's been back.an my camper(294rr, ) sells for 10 grand more than I paid . So yeah small imperfections are worth the savings
Old 10-06-2020, 09:28 AM   #33
Site Team

There have been a few thread over the years where people have posted how happy they are with their FR RV.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...od-180697.html

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ere-76034.html

Here's a poll where 415 people said they would buy a FR again.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ain-45771.html
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:38 AM   #34

Build quality on our 2007 Jayco, far surpassed the quality on our 2018 Cherokee.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:43 PM   #35

Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramic71 View Post
Hi. I am only asking this question because I hate wasting hard earned money. I have been reading some really bad reviews about Forest River, and their lack of quality and customers service/warranty. Would you purchase another Forest River product, or would you look elsewhere? I am just looking for honest opinions. They have the floorplans that I love, but I am not looking for something that is going to give me constant issues. Thank you
We had two Fuzion toy haulers and both had issues. Warranty support was "just ok." I know someone with a high end pusher and they have significant quality issues. We owned a 2018 FR Class A gas coach and we had several quality issues. Every RV manufacturer has its issues. However, that said, FR warranty support and customer service was beyond amazing. Responsive from the very first issue to the last issue. After owning it over two years, we had a slide leak and they determined it was a defect based on my email and some photos. No mandatory inspection by a dealer. No lecture about being beyond our 12-month warranty. Nothing. They just fixed it by replacing the entire slide. We just decided to transition to a diesel class A and based solely on how well we were treated by FR, we purchased another FR product. My two cents.
Mustang79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:46 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramic71 View Post
Hi. I am only asking this question because I hate wasting hard earned money. I have been reading some really bad reviews about Forest River, and their lack of quality and customers service/warranty. Would you purchase another Forest River product, or would you look elsewhere? I am just looking for honest opinions. They have the floorplans that I love, but I am not looking for something that is going to give me constant issues. Thank you
Yes it's true. Never buy new. We bought a 2019 3271sf Forester. Spent 3 and a half months in the shop the first year and a half. Couldn't get anyone to do warranty work when we were on the road. Had to take it back to the dealership we bought it at. After 2 years we finally got everything fixed that the factory screwed up. Now we are wore out and our health has gone down hill. It's up for sale. We didn't get to enjoy it much. The next person that buys it will be worry and trouble free. This is true about most people that bought new no matter what they paid for it. The expensive ones are the same.
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:55 PM   #37

Cedar creek

I have a 2019 cedar creek and have been totally disgusted with the Lack quality control and forest rivers position. I love the floor plan and will get the bugs worked out but without their help.
panderson4790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:59 PM   #38
Jeannie, Reggie & Lexie

No, wouldnt buy Forest River

After several years with truck campers, Northern Lite and Arctic Fox, we purchased a Forester LE 2251S in 2012. The Chevy powertrain is wonderful, as are all the name-brand components, fridge, furnace, generator, etc. Diffferent story for theccabinet work. Drawers, trim, dinette seats, bed platform, all extremely flimsy. They are likely doing much better these days, but I’d sure take a good look at the construction before buying again.
JeannieSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #39

Forrest River Quality

Honestly, there is a point where a little bit of extra weight and cost is worth it, especially if we have a good tow vehicle. My 2017 24DS Rockwood by Forrest River is poor quality, as are most others. I would be happy to have spent a few thousand dollars more and have it weigh more to improve the quality. A few examples...poor tires, heater poor, build quality very poor, drum brakes on only two wheels, vinyl material on seats is poor, plastic toilets/sinks/faucets, axles rated just over GVW, and I could go on. For a bit more money and a bit more weight, I bet I could have a nice unit. There should be something that gives more quality without having to go to Airstream. I bet if Forrest River made a heavier, but better quality trailer, it would do well. So Forrest River, add a few pounds and cost and watch it take off, as long as the build quality is good. So much for my thoughts!
pnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:04 PM   #40

Forest River Quality

There's a blog on 10/2/20 a week ago referring to all your questions. I posted a long list of mods plus my positive experience with Forest River.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ct-216959.html

My post was #51.
Treybecky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, quality