Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #101

My experience was first class c was a Coachman and had numerous issues within the first couple of months....but had great dealer support and everything was addressed timely and professionally. Now have a Forest River C. My opinion is a better quality unit BUT dealer support is awful. I will say that Forest River customer service is outstanding and this forum is a great source for information. In summary if you have good dealer support with technicians who are trained and knowledgeable that's invaluable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramic71 View Post
Hi. I am only asking this question because I hate wasting hard earned money. I have been reading some really bad reviews about Forest River, and their lack of quality and customers service/warranty. Would you purchase another Forest River product, or would you look elsewhere? I am just looking for honest opinions. They have the floorplans that I love, but I am not looking for something that is going to give me constant issues. Thank you
JWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:56 AM   #102

SunSeeker 2020

Quality is pathetic and customer service is non existent.
StageCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #103
PhD, Common Sense

r-pod 178

Quality is amazing and customer service is spectacular.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #104
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everette2 View Post
Could you expand on the upgrades. Thanks
Can you expand on your question? Whose or what upgrades are you asking about?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:16 PM   #105

Just interested in modification people have made to they're campers to help with storage, safety, cooking, anything that might enhance the rv experience.
While im in here. How do you safe guard from bear intrusion while disperse camping?
Everette2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:26 PM   #106
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everette2 View Post
Just interested in modification people have made to they're campers to help with storage, safety, cooking, anything that might enhance the rv experience.
While im in here. How do you safe guard from bear intrusion while disperse camping?
Since the topic of this thread is about Forest River quality, you should start your own thread on your topic, as this would be considered as "hijacking" this thread.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:32 PM   #107

Oops sorry.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:33 PM   #108

Love my Forrest River. It's a 2019 Travel Trailer. Little issues but taken care of. Its 38 ft ,3 slides and 50 amp. It we would take a lot for me to change anything about it.
poorbabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:20 AM   #109

We would definitely purchase another Forest River We have an 2008 Lexington Motor home. Yes there are repairs, but as stated before it is a house on wheels bouncing down the road. There are things that need to be replaced we try to keep it on a cycle and have 1 project each year so not over whelming. Keep up with it and don't let the little things become big things. This is with a home a car or even a lawn mower. I also read the complaints, I think if I were to purchase a new unit I would get one 1 or 2 years old. Sorry but let someone else get the kinks out. Our unit was 1 1/2 years old and we have had minimal problems.
vickyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:29 AM   #110

I owned a 2019 Wildwood FSX toy hauler and had zero issues. Sold it and went to a Georgetown MH. I've had a few minor issues with door gas piston, TV mount and refrigerator stopped working. I fixed these issues myself as the dealer I bought from is 70 miles away and it takes forever to get scheduled for service.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:41 AM   #111

Thanks. Good to know.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:48 AM   #112

Do not buy from forest river if you want customer service

Quote:
Hi. I am only asking this question because I hate wasting hard earned money. I have been reading some really bad reviews about Forest River, and their lack of quality and customers service/warranty. Would you purchase another Forest River product, or would you look elsewhere? I am just looking for honest opinions. They have the floorplans that I love, but I am not looking for something that is going to give me constant issues. Thank you
I love my forest river Georgetown
Or I did until I needed to take it to the shop for repair on July 3rd expecting it to be picked up a weeks later.
I have been waiting 4 months for a 60 hour job,
Every time I talk to them "2 more weeks"
The dealer Parris RV failed to order parts until it sat on the lot for 2 months, parts that should have been ordered in June when they got the insurance check was not ordered until Aug 22nd
I emailed Forest River numerous times about parts from the the Middle of July not knowing they were not ordered. "We do not stock parts for your coach it will be 3 to 4 weeks" from the time the parts are ordered that was 7 weeks ago , I find out yesterday that either the dealer or FR. Failed to order all the parts so I'm looking at another 3 to 4 weeks , or 12 months , my guess is 12 months
Keep in mind my coach is 11 years old , however most of the parts were on 6 years of 4 different models.
I even offered to trade my coach for a older one the dealer had , they offered me less than half of what I can buy the exact same coach with twice the miles on it , but told me if I sell it privately I could get what it's worth
Well since its in the shop with no finish date in sight I can't sell it , or trade it , or use it
I found one the same year make model with only 2000 miles difference in Indiana , I asked if they would buy it and trade me straight across , they refused because it was listed for what mine would sell for.
I asked FR the same question since they can't offer parts
But I never got a reply.
Igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:50 AM   #113

Oh and to answer the original question I will never own another forest river product of any kind
Old 10-13-2020, 10:53 AM   #114

I don’t blame FR for your situation. I wouldn’t expect FR to stock parts for a 11 year old vehicle. They should be able to get the parts if still available. I feel the entire blame for your situation is your dealer for not ordering the parts. Forest River is not a kind reader. Also your insurance company should never have sent the cheque to them unless it was made payable to you and them. That would have been their incentive to fix you RV.

Dan and Carol
2019 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/4x4/long box
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway 38FLX
Full timers since May 2019
Axeman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:19 PM   #115

Quote:
I didn't read any of your responses yet. In my opinion my FR Cherokee Greywolf is a complete piece of junk. Over 23 items wrong so far and none repaired. Just a few--Refrigerator kills battery overnight with a full charge. Fresh water tank only fills 1/3 and is now falling out. Awning rolls up all wrinkled and it had NO brakes on delivery, completely backed off. Most of the rest of the list is just poor workmanship and defective items and lack of sealant right from the git-go. "JUST SAY NO", you'll be glad you did.
Stevemal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #116

Wow that last post is really negative .is this grey wolf new or used. Ya the fidget will use up battery , that's why u run it on propane from ur tanks. . My FR is great no major problems it's a 2020. Only problem is ME not knowing how everything is suppose to work. Happy as a pig in####.
pitzhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:30 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitzhauler View Post
Wow that last post is really negative .is this grey wolf new or used. Ya the fidget will use up battery , that's why u run it on propane from ur tanks. . My FR is great no major problems it's a 2020. Only problem is ME not knowing how everything is suppose to work. Happy as a pig in####.
Sorry for negativity. My dealer said they have over 200 fridges on order and can't keep up with the repairs of these new units. Yes I did buy it new and was not allowed a walk thru due to COVID. Can't run the fridge on propane because it is 12V only. Salesman said it would go 7 days, doesn't barely make 7 hours! The gutters don't even drain because they go UP on the ends and water puddles 1 1/4" deep against the wrinkled awning. Most of trim isn't even cut to the proper length and is falling off. The siding is out of level by over an 1 1/2" from rear to front. Wires for power and brakes just hang down as they aren't attached to anything. Like I said above "JUST SAY NO".
Stevemal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:34 AM   #118

I spoke with Forest River numerous times about my issues. The only thing FR won't pay for is a trip charge for a Mobile Repair Unit. Most RV repair facilities have many on their repair list, then they sell more units and the list just gets longer for them. This is why it takes forever to have our units fixed. It depends who your dealer is. I had lots of issues and they were all taken care of at Lazy Days Rv over several months time. I have a FR Sunseeker 2500tsf. Great unit.
frankhaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:36 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman49 View Post
I don’t blame FR for your situation. I wouldn’t expect FR to stock parts for a 11 year old vehicle. They should be able to get the parts if still available. I feel the entire blame for your situation is your dealer for not ordering the parts. Forest River is not a kind reader. Also your insurance company should never have sent the cheque to them unless it was made payable to you and them. That would have been their incentive to fix you RV.
Yesterday I found out you are absolutely correct sir
Forest River emailed me back about the parts and I believe their side of the story given the already long string of lies from the dealer, so I confronted Parris RV with the email from FR of course they claim she was lying
And to top it off they called me a few hours later to tell me my coach was parked on the street and to come pick it up along with a reimbursement for the check my insurance wrote. I went 2 miles away to a smaller FR dealer and got a total different vibe , they were happy to take business from Parris and assured me they would be honest , even if I didn't like the answer.
Also to FR credit the other dealer told me very few manufacturers carry parts for anything over 3 years old no matter of how many are on the road.
I did some research and found all but 2 items i needed are available on Amazon. Which is where I told Parris to look 3 months ago when they told me they can't get parts
Also you can't get the parts if you don't order them
Old 10-14-2020, 08:55 AM   #120
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor View Post
Yesterday I found out you are absolutely correct sir
Forest River emailed me back about the parts and I believe their side of the story given the already long string of lies from the dealer, so I confronted Parris RV with the email from FR of course they claim she was lying
And to top it off they called me a few hours later to tell me my coach was parked on the street and to come pick it up along with a reimbursement for the check my insurance wrote. I went 2 miles away to a smaller FR dealer and got a total different vibe , they were happy to take business from Parris and assured me they would be honest , even if I didn't like the answer.
Also to FR credit the other dealer told me very few manufacturers carry parts for anything over 3 years old no matter of how many are on the road.
I did some research and found all but 2 items i needed are available on Amazon. Which is where I told Parris to look 3 months ago when they told me they can't get parts
Also you can't get the parts if you don't order them
So... do you love your Forest River Georgetown again and would you buy another Forest River product now knowing it was the DEALER that was at fault?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, quality