Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2020, 10:07 AM   #21

We have not had any problems with our FR Surveyor 24 foot trailer. It’s well designed and well built. I’ve upgraded a couple of areas with additional lighting and added small wooden drop-down shelves next to the bed to set a coffee cup but otherwise we are pleased with our decision to purchase a FR product. We needed dealer assistance with another set of steps (my fault, not FR’s) and had no problems. I installed them in an hour. Owning a camper is like owning a boat...there is always something to fix or upgrade.
Wmixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 04:19 PM   #22
Kramocker

God to hear that your experience with FR was a good one. Me, not so much. It seems that there are no build sheets, for these rigs. Over he phone at least (I’m my experience) these guys are just plain not helpful.

Happy motoring!
Old 12-22-2020, 08:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_john View Post
I totally agree on no one posts good reports, only problems!

Plenty post about good experiences, you just did. LOL
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flip Flop Way of Life View Post
My FR heritage glen elite series that has a window issue with one window. I bought it in march of 2020 so it was decided by the repair dealer to be a warranty issue and FR agreed. That was in June and I am still waiting for it to be fixed. The krona has a lot to do with it as parts are in short supply. It is not leaking so as soon as a window comes it it will be replaced. I will just have to wait. Been that way for everything that needed to be fixed on it but it does get done.

Robert (The Flip Flop Way of Life)

We also had a window issue on our 2018 Freedom Express. The back and side windows would not seal properly. I gave Forest River a call directly and told them of the problem but wanted to upgrade to a frameless window and was willing to pay the additional cost of the upgrade. I told them I could do the work myself (auto tech). Forest River sent me two new frameless windows at no extra cost. They didn't even want the old ones back. I ended selling the old ones to pay for my labour to installing the new windows.
Ruggybuggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river