Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2020, 05:53 AM   #1

Forest River Rant 2

I know the original "Forest River Rant" was closed by the administrators but I wanted to add that I have nothing but good to say about my 2019 Forest River Riverstone Legacy 38MB. That includes quality control and especially after sale warranty issues. Of course I had a punch list after my first season of minor issues. Took it back to a factory recommended repair facility where "Austin" from the Warranty Department actually came out and inspected and immediately authorized the repairs. All work was done in 2 weeks. They even "good willed" a new awning as the colors on the factory one didn't match my 5th wheel. Since then, I've called them for parts that have failed (not Forest River's fault) and I couldn't locate, and they have offered to search them out and send them to me! Sorry to hear about original poster's issues. We are all quick to post when things go wrong but rarely do people write when they are satisfied. Starting 3rd year snowbirding in it. Love my 38MB. Thanks FR and Austin in the Riverstone Warranty Division.
Rusty
lcv800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:39 AM   #2

I do think some divisions are a bit better at customer relations then others are, we too have received excellent support from the River Stone division and their service department as well. I would also like to recommend the repair center at Shipshewana Flea market for service on ANY brand, Ryan and his crew do great work.
dblr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:25 AM   #3

I sumitted a side panel on my new RV that was too short and exposing walls to the elements.That was 5 months ago.The dealership says they are waiting for warranty authorization.It was constructed inproperly.It may very well be dealer issue but should not take anywhere near this long to correct issue covered up by half a tube of silicon.Would be nice to use our brand new trailer.
Wildcat Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:35 AM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Buckeye View Post
I sumitted a side panel on my new RV that was too short and exposing walls to the elements.That was 5 months ago.The dealership says they are waiting for warranty authorization.It was constructed inproperly.It may very well be dealer issue but should not take anywhere near this long to correct issue covered up by half a tube of silicon.Would be nice to use our brand new trailer.
Call the manufacturer yourself. I bet dollars to donuts that the dealer didn't actually submit the warranty request or did it so poorly that the manufacturer needs more details and the dealer dropped the ball.

It's been reported here that this happens a lot. I know my own personal experience with my rig was just that- the dealer was throwing Sabre under the bus with my rig. I later got copied on the email chain; the dealer's emails were so piss poor that I totally understood why the manufacturer pushed back.
Old 12-16-2020, 11:48 AM   #5
Site Team

The Service Manager at my selling dealership was a really nice, friendly guy. He told me he was having trouble getting what he needed from the Wildcat warranty dept. I asked him what happens when he calls. He said no one ever answered so he always had to leave a message to return his call. I asked which phone number he left for a call back. He said he left the number of the phone in the service area. I asked if that phone was manned. He said NO. I said Wildcat Warranty is working all claims for the eastern region of the US... so what do you think happens when they return your call and no one answers? He said they mark his call off the list and go to the next. OK, says I, give a phone number that is always manned. He started leaving the number of the cell phone in his pocket and all was right with the world. Dealer problem.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
The Service Manager at my selling dealership was a really nice, friendly guy. He told me he was having trouble getting what he needed from the Wildcat warranty dept. I asked him what happens when he calls. He said no one ever answered so he always had to leave a message to return his call. I asked which phone number he left for a call back. He said he left the number of the phone in the service area. I asked if that phone was manned. He said NO. I said Wildcat Warranty is working all claims for the eastern region of the US... so what do you think happens when they return your call and no one answers? He said they mark his call off the list and go to the next. OK, says I, give a phone number that is always manned. He started leaving the number of the cell phone in his pocket and all was right with the world. Dealer problem.
Very good point though I hope more of exceptions to the rule verses the norm but when I had my DP for warranty work in September. After a week the Service manager said he was having problems getting approval for it so I told him give me the number and I'll call. I called that afternoon and sure as stated got VM so left a message and my call back number. Next day they received approval though I never got a callback myself.. Could be coincidental we'll never know all I cared was the work got done without a further delay. In the future I'll try your approach sounds even better. Thanks ��
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:45 PM   #7

We have a 2019 surveyor tt had 3 minor issues and had a great response form FR customer service / warranty personnel.
Only our expérience.
Jcyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:08 PM   #8

is there a way to figure out where my FR TT was built?
gfnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfnin View Post
What brand? There are a few brands that are built out west but most in Indiana
dblr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:40 PM   #10

My FR heritage glen elite series that has a window issue with one window. I bought it in march of 2020 so it was decided by the repair dealer to be a warranty issue and FR agreed. That was in June and I am still waiting for it to be fixed. The krona has a lot to do with it as parts are in short supply. It is not leaking so as soon as a window comes it it will be replaced. I will just have to wait. Been that way for everything that needed to be fixed on it but it does get done.

Robert (The Flip Flop Way of Life)
The Flip Flop Way of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:42 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Their profile says a Salem but they live in Oregon. Salem has factories in 3 different regions so I'm assuming theirs is from the Dallas, Oregon factory.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:43 PM   #12

I think that some believe that things should be prefect and forget that things made by human hands aren't. When we ordered our 2015 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS Craig Clair promised us we would get night stands on each side of the bed . They weren't there so we found our own. Our dealer in Minnesota has been the best we could ask for. There service department has taken care of our needs in a timely manner whenever we need work done.
BM Welder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:47 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flip Flop Way of Life View Post
My FR heritage glen elite series that has a window issue with one window. I bought it in march of 2020 so it was decided by the repair dealer to be a warranty issue and FR agreed. That was in June and I am still waiting for it to be fixed. The krona has a lot to do with it as parts are in short supply. It is not leaking so as soon as a window comes it it will be replaced. I will just have to wait. Been that way for everything that needed to be fixed on it but it does get done.

Robert (The Flip Flop Way of Life)
Have you personally contacted FR yourself, as has been suggested?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfnin View Post

I had contacted FR some time ago to decode my VIN.
The 11th character indicates the plant location.
Attached is a copy of what was sent to me.
Hope this helps. (pdf format)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FR VIN Decode(ORG10960).pdf (103.6 KB, 166 views)
KEN9XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I

it's a Salem Cruise Light, would love to tour the factory when tours begin again. Thanks!
gfnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Just shaking my head.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
I know the original "Forest River Rant" was closed by the administrators but I wanted to add that I have nothing but good to say about my 2019 Forest River Riverstone Legacy 38MB. That includes quality control and especially after sale warranty issues.

Glad you had a good experience. I've found that buying an RV is like rolling the dice. You may buy one that has 3 problems or another may have 30 problems. I just sold my 2019 Grand Design that was in the latter category. In general, RV's are lacking in the workmanship dept. because employees are paid piecework to slap them together.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 07:24 PM   #18

Same here about our 2016 FR 25 ft with full slide! Of course, at least 60% of tge satisfaction goes tobour honest dealer! Dan
Dan n Gerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:06 PM   #19

Many problems both major and minor with our Flagstaff 25FKS. Most should have been caught by the dealer and a better shakedown by us. Then we traveled most of the year but back in time for warranty work. Then surprise, COVID! So we contacted FR Flagstaff to tell them we couldn’t get it in before warranty expiration. I sent them our list and they approved an additional 60 days. Husband is now very ill so haven’t gotten to test it out good. We will have to soon because we have to sell it. We did enjoy this floor plan very much.. We got the entertainment seating. We just worked around the issues. Flagstaff has reduced the length of the 25FKS by 2’ so we hope that helps us sell it. Wish we could use it again. Merry Christmas everyone.
GrandmaX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 01:24 AM   #20
Camp to Live

I totally agree on no one posts good reports, only problems! We have a brand new 2020 FR Salem 27RKS (that is a whole lot bigger than 27’!! 33 1/2’ bumper to hitch!!) that we picked up Feb 1st! With the Rona, we used the crap out of it this year since we both had the time off. Only 3 problems..blind broke in bedroom, (my fault) and bathroom door needed re-adjusted, and a small water leak in bath! I fixed door myself, as well as water leak which was minor, and I need to call Irvine blind and see if they’ll replace the blind. We love it and no problems! Now I will say, I’m not the type to return to dealer for warranty work on stuff I can fix myself..but they definitely need to do a better job of QA and cleaning before shipment, no excuse! Again..no regrets here!!
Ohio_john is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river