Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2017, 05:38 AM   #1

Forest River receives a thank you

Spotted this on another forum board and it is nice to see them receive praise elsewhere besides here.

A great big Thank You to Forest River - General Camping Discussion and Questions - Fort Fiends
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:50 AM   #2

Cheapskates,why didn't they replace the Floor,and give them a New TV also? Always trying to "Cut Corners"! Youroo!!
Old 07-01-2017, 06:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Cheapskates,why didn't they replace the Floor,and give them a New TV also? Always trying to "Cut Corners"! Youroo!!
Youroo you forgot new tires then also
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Youroo you forgot new tires then also
Nope,they would just install "China Bombs"! Youroo!!
Old 07-01-2017, 06:23 AM   #5
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Should have replaced the frame and axles also. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:39 PM   #6
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

I too have experienced great Forest River service. My 2016 Wildcat has had a few minor issues over the last couple of years and in each case all I did was go to the FR website and send an email using their Contact link. In each case a customer service rep responded and sent me the applicable part at no charge.

- Fender skirt developed a small crack at one of the attachment brackets.
Response: FR shipped me a color matched replacement that took me about 20 minutes to remount myself.

- Water Pump check valve failed (I think it was because I accidentally was running the pump for extended periods while connected to shore water)
Response: FR sent me a new pump (they didn't request the old one back) and I watched a youtube that explained how to swap in the new one. 45 minutes easy.

- Hot Water heater control panel switch failed.
Response: FR sent a new switch and I unplugged the old one and dropped in the new one. 15 minutes easy.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #7

The best of the lot of RVs

We have had our forest river Sunseeker for close to two years minor problems got all the support from Forest River but very little support from our local dealer nevertheless they stood by the product and took care of all the minor issues and I've had

I think of all the RV manufacturers Forest River is probably one of the best and although I see a lot of criticism regarding Forest River they score a 10 out of 10 compared to the service you get from a dealer if you don't buy your RV from Them

Happy RVing UOTE=dblr;1550140]Spotted this on another forum board and it is nice to see them receive praise elsewhere besides here.

A great big Thank You to Forest River - General Camping Discussion and Questions - Fort Fiends[/QUOTE]
stervin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:33 PM   #8

I own a 2016 Coachmen Freelander that I took delivery on last November, no issues so far. I'm very happy with the purchase, thanks Forest River!
donkro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:43 PM   #9

Quoting for ease of reading for others:

Quote:
So back in December of 16 I was preparing for a trip to the mouse in January 2017. To my surprise when I opened the fifth wheel I found a mushroom growing on the floor and mold on the wall. (should have taken a picture of the shroom). I took pictures and with my proximity to Elkhart Indiana. I headed off to Forest River's Warranty and Repair building. My fifth wheel is a 2013 so 3.5 years old when I went over. (1.5 years out of warranty). with Pictures in hand I headed in to talk repairs fully expecting a very costly issue.

After talking with The Blue Ridge / Cardinal Warranty Manager it was determined that it was out of warranty and not covered by Insurance. However Forest River wanted to take care of the Issue as they decided it should not have a leaking slid out. They also said the only way to fix it correctly was to replace the entire wall ( i thought that by adding comments I could add Pictures Im wrong lol)
Forest River took in my Fifth wheel at the end of January and sent it back down the factory line. in the process They found issues in both side walls and replaced them both the also replaced the roof as they decided they were not happy with it's condition. In all they Replaced both side wall, the roof, Repainted the entire unit. Replaced the carpet where the dog chewed it up. Replaced trim that was loose and damaged from use and replaced the back bedroom door I crushed by closing the slide on it.
They had the Fifth wheel until last week (5 months) and as a thank you for my patience and loyalty they added the slid awnings to all four slides.
FOREST RIVER DID ALL THIS FOR FREE.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Now Im sure there are some bad stories but I feel I should share this as Im now a lifetime Forest River buyer.

That is an impressive amount of work for free on a rig at least 1.5 years out of warranty!

Probably had something to do with the owner being close enough to the factory floor to tow it there himself.

But still, that's a good story about good service.

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:55 PM   #10

That is a lot of work! Nice they took care of you. I'd not complain about the time (they could have mine all summer) but as it takes 3 days to build why 5 months to repair? Could be the repair shop is small and backed up with work. Still must appreciate what they did!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:03 AM   #11

Thanks for sharing. It is nice to read positive stories like this.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river