Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2016, 04:31 PM   #1
Parker & Noreen

Thumbs up Forest River Stands by their products

We had an issue with our Windjammer and it was beyond warranty. They said if we brought it to them they would fix it for free. They stand by their word and the service professional, Debra Rimsa, that we dealt with was wonderful!

We love our Windjammer and would definitely recommend a Forest River product to anyone.

Thanks again, Debra Rimsa, and Forest River. You made us customers for life!
Old 03-12-2016, 08:59 PM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

So far I have been happy with mine and the response from FR. For some reason they had stopped putting Vel-washers across the top of the cab on the Concord for the night curtain, they did put them down the sides.

Contacted FR and they sent me a handful promptly and at no cost.

I will contacting them again shortly to see if we can get a wiring diagram, getting ready to do an inverter install, we will have to see how that works out.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:09 AM   #3

My experience is really small, but sometimes that's what counts. I busted one of the lenses on a running light. I couldn't find one local that fit, so I called them directly. They sent one right away, she said it would be about $4, but they sent an invoice with zero charge.

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:15 AM   #4
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Met Debra Rimsa and some of the staff when we took the plant tour last Aug. She stated we are here to help when problems arrive. Glade to hear she stood by her statement. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #5

X2 on Forest River and Deb Rimsa in particular. She and the Rockwood plant in Indiana are the best. Treated professionally and promptly in my dealings with them.

2008 Rockwood Sig Ultra Lite 8315SS
Livin the Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:17 PM   #6

Sorry, but this has not been my experience with Cedar Creek, shortly after buying our trailer we had a major electrical issue and FR almost immediately decided to take the low road. We are now I am stuck with a trailer that has no electrical warranty despite the fact an electrician found the problem with the trailer and the selling dealer confirmed it.

I will not buy another FR product and given my experience would discourage anyone from doing so.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #7

Thumbs up KUDO'S to FR Folks

to the FR staff Service Director,Regional Sales manager and all these people are the best they go out of their way to help
FORGET THE DIRTBAGS IN WINDSOR LOCKS
locoengnr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:52 PM   #8

The OP joined the forum 5 years ago and yesterday was their first post and they say that FR fixed something that was out of warranty.....?

Very rare and very strange. Glad FR worked well with you after so long. That is not the case for many others.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #9

Brother Les, Congratulations on your 1,414 posts.
But I don't understand your "Very rare and very strange" comment. What is your implication?
Does posting many times make your posts any more "valid" than one who posts few?
I have been with this forum for a long time and have very few posts. I have learned so much from items here and are most appreciative of them all, well most. My only regret is that I didn't find this forum BEFORE I made my original Forest River purchase.
Most, a lot of posts are complaints. Most people are willing to complain when things go wrong, as well they should. I am the first to complain when my expectations are not met AND I always take time to compliment when they are met or exceeded. It takes all kinds to make a great forum and I find that to be true here, from those who post few and those who post many.
I am sorry for anyone who has had problems with Forest River and not had them resolved to their satisfaction. I have and have said so.
I might be missing something in the original post but I see nothing there that is disparaging any one who had unresolved problems with Forest River, just a compliment.
Maybe I'm reading more into your comments than I should but............
Just my opinion, I like Forest River and they have been very fair to me with my TT. I recommend them. Does not mean I think any more or less about those who haven't had the same experience as me. I respect ALL opinions. I just don't understand yours.

2008 Rockwood Sig Ultra Lite 8315SS
Livin the Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin the Life View Post
Brother Les, Congratulations on your 1,414 posts.
But I don't understand your "Very rare and very strange" comment. What is your implication?
Does posting many times make your posts any more "valid" than one who posts few?
I have been with this forum for a long time and have very few posts. I have learned so much from items here and are most appreciative of them all, well most. My only regret is that I didn't find this forum BEFORE I made my original Forest River purchase.
Most, a lot of posts are complaints. Most people are willing to complain when things go wrong, as well they should. I am the first to complain when my expectations are not met AND I always take time to compliment when they are met or exceeded. It takes all kinds to make a great forum and I find that to be true here, from those who post few and those who post many.
I am sorry for anyone who has had problems with Forest River and not had them resolved to their satisfaction. I have and have said so.
I might be missing something in the original post but I see nothing there that is disparaging any one who had unresolved problems with Forest River, just a compliment.
Maybe I'm reading more into your comments than I should but............
Just my opinion, I like Forest River and they have been very fair to me with my TT. I recommend them. Does not mean I think any more or less about those who haven't had the same experience as me. I respect ALL opinions. I just don't understand yours.

You are Living the Life, which is wonderful.

We learn the most in life from mistakes and when things go wrong... not when things go right and smooth all of the time. Humans are a Carnal Beings and lean to the side of complaining instead of Praising. My wife and I loved our Hemisphere when we pulled it off the lot (new). (the complaining part) But there seemed to be too many 'bugs' that should not have been there from the get go... I assume that my unit was built on a early Monday morning or a late Friday afternoon. When speaking directly with FR, the answers are 'outside vendor' (parts manufacturer) or 'selling Dealer will fix it', or 'out of Warranty' (my Faith in the selling Dealer and FR Corp are low) (I was able to work better with the 'outside vendor') There was a solution for us about our Hemisphere.... Take it to another Dealer who cares about their customers and Pay Cash. My wife and I talked about trading, but we still like the unit and feel the bugs are all killed and will enjoy our Hemisphere for years to come.

Rare and strange is not the norm and should be commended.

Blessings

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:28 PM   #11

Praise for FR and Lazy Days Service Dept

We bought our 38CK last year. We live 1300 miles away from our dealer. To make a long story short. Our FR representive has helped us with whatever we needed. And Lazy Days FL service dept has tended to our issues and fixed or adjusted whatever needed to be done. It's true. Too many want to complain and few share their positive experiences. But there are many good stories out there.
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:23 PM   #12

Response about the dealer in Windsor Locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by locoengnr11 View Post
to the FR staff Service Director,Regional Sales manager and all these people are the best they go out of their way to help
FORGET THE DIRTBAGS IN WINDSOR LOCKS
I tend to greatly disagree with your remark. I found that the dealership you mention has been more than helpful in many issues that I have had.

The only comment that I can make is that anytime I had a issue, it happened at the peak time of business. As a result it might have taken a few days longer than I hoped, but the remediies have alway been great and my customer service experience has been good. Forest River Cedar Creek Warranty dept (Mr. Sears) and Longview have been good.

I think that if you make a comment about a dealer with such disparaging remarks, purhaps it would be prudent to state your experience or misgivings outright. Just to be fair that is.....

In any event I am sorry that you hd a bad experience, but purhaps it could have been remedied?
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:46 PM   #13
Berkshire 390QS

FR will stand behind their products up to a point. Manfacture defects like paint cheek not so much due it will cost a bunch to fix right. Will be taking a big loss when selling Berkshire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	101849
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #14

I think some people get confused about Forest River, they make a lot of different brands, I have had 2 Cedar Creeks and they have been great and when I needed help Cedar Creek bent over backwards to help me. Forest River also makes Wildcats and the one I got was junk. I researched Wildcat and went to the factory from North Carolina, was going from a travel trailer to a fifth wheel. I was a member of Wildcat website, not FROG. I ordered a Wildcat and got a Polecat. I got no help from Tom Johnson where I brought the camper at and no help from Wildcat. I lost a lot of money trading out of that camper. On the other hand I can't say enough nice things to say about Cedar Creek, when I buy another I want a Cedar Creek 36CKTS. About the only thing I don't like about the Cedar Creeks is the tires, I think you should be able to still get the Goodyear tires as a option

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:25 AM   #15

You are right Spock123 it is Cedar Creek that has been great in getting things done. But it was Forest River who connected me. And my 38CK came with Goodyear tires. So I think that's something that can be a want on your fifth wheel when dealing (-:
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:03 PM   #16

We purchased a new 2014 Palomino Fifth Wheel from a dealer outside our area because these models were not sold near us at the time. Before signing any paperwork we did a two hour PDI with the dealer. The only thing we missed at the time was that the microwave had no power even though we were plugged in. After camping a few nights we went to use the microwave and of course it did not work. Forest River put us in touch with local dealer who did warranty work and the electrical problem was resolved. Nice and easy . Used the same repair service when main TV riser motor stopped working. Took two weeks to order part no long wait for repair.

We took an eight week trip last year to TX, NM, CO and back to PA. Refrigerator stopped working on electric. Had to bypass electric outlet which showed open hot to plug in refrigerator compartment . Plugged directly to outside outlet on fifth.

Took second trip out west to CO for daughters wedding and week in Yellowstone. On the way back to PA noticed Sidewall Crack at corner of bedroom slide, wheel well cover screws were popping out, slide seals were falling out, and some interior problems with doors out of adjustment.

We called Gary Grisby who at that time was handling FR Palomino problems. Sent him some pictures of our problems and he made arrangements to have our coach picked up in Dec. and returned to the factory for repairs. Our coach was retuned to us this week and we are very pleased with the results! They repaired everything we requested as well as replaced our rear stabilizer electric jacks with an updated model, and replaced the entire roof. They said when it went through their PDI they discovered a tear in the original roof.

The message I have for those that complain about the quality of FR Products is to get in touch with the person at the factory for your particular unit and have a discussion with them about your problem. Back it up with pictures. If the local dealer can't or won't do the work ask them to bring it back for repairs! You will not be disappointed!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Powellr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgreg View Post
i tend to greatly disagree with your remark. I found that the dealership you mention has been more than helpful in many issues that i have had.

The only comment that i can make is that anytime i had a issue, it happened at the peak time of business. As a result it might have taken a few days longer than i hoped, but the remediies have alway been great and my customer service experience has been good. Forest river cedar creek warranty dept (mr. Sears) and longview have been good.

I think that if you make a comment about a dealer with such disparaging remarks, purhaps it would be prudent to state your experience or misgivings outright. Just to be fair that is.....

In any event i am sorry that you hd a bad experience, but purhaps it could have been remedied?
ctgregg,
heres the experience..and they are not happy "dirtbags"campers

they lost!!! Ohh yeah they lost
locoengnr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #18

Sounds to me like some people are comparing the sales company to the manufacturing company. Sales companies tend to be less helpful. I for one have had poor experience with the company where I purchased my Georgetown, but Forest River has been nothing but helpful. They made several repairs to my RV out of warranty and I can say nothing but good.

ejw7213 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river