Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #1

Forester vs Sunseeker

We are shopping hard for a new, larger RV. I keep getting different answers (depending on what they sell) as to the true differences between a Forest River Forrester 3011DS and The Sunseeker of the same floor plan. Any answer would be appreciated. Thank you. Merry Christmas

R Davies
2017 Winnebago View 24V
RDavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:42 AM   #2

Hidden cabinet door hinges, fiber glass running boards, solid counter tops, fabric covered ceiling.
Thats the only differences i am aware of between the two.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #3

Not sure on the new ones, but our 2014 has cedar-lined closets and a fiberglass roof. I know, at the time, there were 11 standard features on the Forester that the Sunseeker didn't have.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #4

Kevin and Judy....The Forrester has those or your Sunseeker? Both seem great.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #5

I have a 2016 Sunseeker 3010DS, the only differences I found are the reading lights over the bed (mine has the pancake style) and I don't have the wood grained dashboard panels. I also don't have the left & right side cameras. I couldn't find anything else different, other then the price.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin & Judy View Post
Hidden cabinet door hinges, fiber glass running boards, solid counter tops, fabric covered ceiling.
Thats the only differences i am aware of between the two.
My parents just bought a Forester a few months back- I think this is pretty accurate on the differences, IIRC. Also, I think you used to be able to add several of the upgrades to the Sunseeker as options, but I think they changed that and most of them are no longer available unless you step up to the Forester. BTW, my parents got their Forester from RVWholesalers in Lakeview, OH, and they paid ~$10K less than Sunseekers were selling for locally.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:34 PM   #7

Forrester / Sunseeker

WOW 10,000 That's quite a difference. Thanks for y'all's reply. Merry Christmas
Old 12-15-2017, 09:37 PM   #8

The differences the Forester has over the late 2017 models are the following.
MyRV coach control system
Body skirt paint
Standard fiberglass running boards
Solid surface kitchen counter top
Cedar lined wardrobe cabinets
Woodgrain dash fascia

MSRP is typically around $5000 more for the Forester.
The only item from the above list that can be optionally added to sunseeker is the fiberglass running boards. They are included with the full body paint option on the SS.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #9
Sunseeker 2400MBW

I wonder if the Forester has a better MB truck. Our 2016 SS truck is terribly basic, we were so enthralled with the MH house, we didn't notice.

We got our Sunseeker off the lot after looking at Foresters at a RV show. I am happy with the SS, we have 2 nice adjustable lights over the bed, heat pump, glass shower door, subwoofer, cedar wardrobe, soft ceiling, seems like a better paint job, I am not certain. We have turning cameras but I don't remember that being an option.

I didn't want solid surface counter tops, I would rather have extra weight in the shower door which I do like very much. The cedar wardrobe is the thinnest imaginable sheet of cedar veneer. I don't know anything about soft ceilings and why that's a plus. Ours has a woodgrain dash, it's actually quite attractive.

One thing, we looked at a Jayco with the same floor plan as the 2400 Sunseeker/Forester. Drawers were falling out, doors were crooked, staples would stick you when you walked by, the dinette didn't have the 2 big drawers, it was quite undesirable. And that was at the RV show, I would have tried to correct the things I could if I were a salesman.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:35 AM   #10
Wait till next year...

Foresters and Sunseekers are essentially the same except for the added features of the Forester. If you find a Sunseeker and Forester at the same price point go with the Forester. Some good places to compare would be RVW and RVone both are online dealers. Custom build the MH you want and compare prices. RVW sells Foresters and RVone sells Sunseekers
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker