Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #1

Fort Wilderness Camping Cancellation

I was fortunate enough to get one night at the Fort, but have been trying for days to get another night. If any of you need to cancel for December 27 to 28, would you please PM me?

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #2

Keep checking the website every 10 minutes or as often as you can. Sites come up every day. You can book the 3 days you need and cx the one you already have or just check the two additional after that each time.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:12 PM   #3

Thanks! I have been checking the website very frequently, but have not gotten one. Also got with a travel agent. However, I just was notified an hour ago that there were nights available at Gamble Rogers State Park for the two other nights I was looking for. It’s on the beachside and the other place I wanted to go. I am so happy! One night at Disney to tour around on our bikes to see all the campsites that decorate for the holidays. Our grand kids will go with us, but will meet up with their parents to visit one of the parks. We will move on to Gamble Rogers, which is one of my favorite spots on the coast. I ended up with the best of both!!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:23 PM   #4

Gamble Rodgers is hard to get a spot.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:05 AM   #5

We went to Disney over Halloween and booked it nearly a year in advance. Stayed in the motels on the property for a week. Got the food plan and a lot of extras, but, it was well worth it. It was much cheaper to take the plane rather than drive from Michigan, and that was without an RV/TT (which would have cost more). A little over two hours from when we left the airport we were there. Disney did everything, pick up at the airport, drove back to airport, all transport in the park, all food, pictures, fast lane on the rides, etc. We could concentrate on fun and being in the park rather than hookups/clean-outs/gas/cooking/towing, etc. Well worth it. Yes, we have been to Disney many times and found this to be the best way to do it - unless you live close by.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfChuck View Post
We went to Disney over Halloween and booked it nearly a year in advance. Stayed in the motels on the property for a week. Got the food plan and a lot of extras, but, it was well worth it. It was much cheaper to take the plane rather than drive from Michigan, and that was without an RV/TT (which would have cost more). A little over two hours from when we left the airport we were there. Disney did everything, pick up at the airport, drove back to airport, all transport in the park, all food, pictures, fast lane on the rides, etc. We could concentrate on fun and being in the park rather than hookups/clean-outs/gas/cooking/towing, etc. Well worth it. Yes, we have been to Disney many times and found this to be the best way to do it - unless you live close by.
The resorts are great but they are no replacement for the fort. We have stayed at a lot of them .one of my favorite is port orleans's. The fort will always be our #1
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #7

There are ways of staying at Disney World that are cheaper than hauling a camper. I can use my military discount and stay on site with a food plan cheaper than I can by staying at the Fort. Now that I have stayed at the Fort there is just no comparison, to us the Fort wins hands down. Besides my Cedar Creek has more room. I have a trip booked in December 2019 and I probably won’t even go inside the parks
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
There are ways of staying at Disney World that are cheaper than hauling a camper. I can use my military discount and stay on site with a food plan cheaper than I can by staying at the Fort. Now that I have stayed at the Fort there is just no comparison, to us the Fort wins hands down. Besides my Cedar Creek has more room. I have a trip booked in December 2019 and I probably won’t even go inside the parks
It's addicting isn't it![emoji6]
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping